LinkBack Thread Tools
(#111 (permalink))
Old
MMM (Offline)
JF Ossan

11-20-2009, 08:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Columbine View Post
Beg your pardon. I guessed as this was from 2007 it might not have been, but there have been a few dead posts revived lately by new members which is why I said something.
I understand. I am just saying, they either searched and didn't notice the date, dug back many pages, or don't care.
(#112 (permalink))
Old
Columbine (Offline)
Busier Than Shinjuku Station

11-20-2009, 08:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMM View Post
I understand. I am just saying, they either searched and didn't notice the date, dug back many pages, or don't care.
Probably just so. Oh well, I found the thread an interesting read nonetheless.
(#113 (permalink))
Old
Nyororin (Offline)
Mod Extraordinaire

Send a message via MSN to Nyororin Send a message via Yahoo to Nyororin
11-21-2009, 01:28 AM

The only way to prevent people reviving ancient threads is to close the thread or remove it. People who don`t look at dates simply don`t look at dates. They browse through a section, do a search, etc, and could care less.

I have to say that the OP of this thread was hilarious when she was around. Some of the other threads she made were pure gold. I don`t think I`ve had as much fun debunking stuff since.

If anyone is trying to find me… Tamyuun on Instagram is probably the easiest.
(#114 (permalink))
Old
ozkai (Offline)
X Kyoto

11-21-2009, 03:06 AM

I can't see anything wrong posting on old threads.

Is it "wrong" and why?

Cheers - Oz
(#115 (permalink))
Old
MMM (Offline)
JF Ossan

11-21-2009, 03:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozkai View Post
I can't see anything wrong posting on old threads.

Is it "wrong" and why?
There is nothing wrong with reviving a thread if something useful is being added to what was a dead conversation. I am not convinced this necro-posting fits that bill.
(#116 (permalink))
Old
ozkai (Offline)
X Kyoto

11-21-2009, 03:20 AM

That's a good point. I just realized the last eleven posts, twelve including this, were not relevant to the original poster's subject.

Cheers - Oz
(#117 (permalink))
Old
k3nny (Offline)
New to JF

... - 11-21-2009, 03:43 PM

to be exact i notice the dote is in 2007, but i jus couldn't help it i know about the sexist problem recently and jus wanted to know more and see how bad it is Ps , sorry for the trouble
(#118 (permalink))
Old
FainlyGrari (Offline)
New to JF

Send a message via ICQ to FainlyGrari
Do you love your mom? - 12-14-2011, 04:58 PM

At 3 yrs old we say: "Mommy, I love you".

At 10: "Mom whateve!"

At 16:"My mom is so annoying"

At 18: "I wanna leave this house".

At 25:"Mom, you were right".

At 30: "I wanna go back to my Mom's house"

At 50: "I don't wanna lose my Mom".

At 70: "I would give up EVERYTHING for my Mom to be here with me".
You only have one Mom.

*LIke if u ? ur mom*:***!
(#119 (permalink))
Old
RustyBlackleford (Offline)
Banned

12-14-2011, 08:11 PM

Depends on race. Racial prejudice is stornger. Sexual prejudice stems from racial prejudice.

White women will generally be respected if they dress and carry themselves nicely. They might stare at your chest if you are buxom, and there may be some gropers, but generally, you will be respected. The same applies for Latin women, but they are steps below Whites. Black women are disrespected as Blacks, but some people might find them cool. Black women have an easier time in Japan than Black men, since all foreign men are seen as chasers of Japanese women, and Black men are the least desired.

Asian women may be expected to follow the Japanese traditions of serving men. Some may even be seen as prostitutes, especially SE Asians and Filipinas.
(#120 (permalink))
Old
MMM (Offline)
JF Ossan

12-14-2011, 10:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RustyBlackleford View Post
Depends on race. Racial prejudice is stornger. Sexual prejudice stems from racial prejudice.

White women will generally be respected if they dress and carry themselves nicely. They might stare at your chest if you are buxom, and there may be some gropers, but generally, you will be respected. The same applies for Latin women, but they are steps below Whites. Black women are disrespected as Blacks, but some people might find them cool. Black women have an easier time in Japan than Black men, since all foreign men are seen as chasers of Japanese women, and Black men are the least desired.

Asian women may be expected to follow the Japanese traditions of serving men. Some may even be seen as prostitutes, especially SE Asians and Filipinas.
Thanks for taking us backwards 60 years. When you paint with such broad strokes you end up essentially giving false information, when is what this post is.