JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#671 (permalink))
Old
okuyukashiibeppin (Offline)
New to JF

Location: I live in the United States, but I would so love to live in Japan. *_*
05-20-2008, 01:45 AM

Gyah! You are lucky! I wish I lived in Japan.

Have you ever wanted to live in New England? 'Cause I would gladly trade.

(#672 (permalink))
Old
SpikeDaCruz (Offline)
New to JF

05-20-2008, 07:46 AM

I wish I lived in Japan...
(#673 (permalink))
Old
Flyer (Offline)
New to JF

05-20-2008, 12:25 PM

Hi,

I am a Singaporean and would like to know what can I work in Japan? I can't speak Japanese and I currently working in the spa in sales and operations. How do I get started? Please advise.

Thanks,
Flyers
(#674 (permalink))
Old
godwine (Offline)
自爆十秒前

05-20-2008, 12:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyer View Post
Hi,

I am a Singaporean and would like to know what can I work in Japan? I can't speak Japanese and I currently working in the spa in sales and operations. How do I get started? Please advise.

Thanks,
Flyers
Somewhat related post. Criteria are discussed here in MMM's thread

Graduate from college if you want to live in Japan.
(#675 (permalink))
Old
Larvaefamme (Offline)
New to JF

Hi...if you have to back after years in Japan what would you do? - 05-22-2008, 02:40 PM

[Hi Dear,
I am Larva and I lived in Japan. Now when I have to be back to my own country because my gojuujin wa rikon wo shimashita
What should I do?
How to adapt myself back?
(#676 (permalink))
Old
Sangetsu (Offline)
Busier Than Shinjuku Station

05-22-2008, 02:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyer View Post
Hi,

Thanks,
Flyers

It shouldn't be difficult, Singaporeans do not need a visa to enter Japan, so the first step is easy. To get a job you'll need to find an employer who wishes to hire you. This employer will have to fill out the sponsorship paperwork which you will need to get a work permit and a residency card.

If you wish to continue working in your present field, you'll need to know how to speak Japanese.
(#677 (permalink))
Old
Eazy (Offline)
New to JF

05-24-2008, 02:35 PM

I've wanted to visit japan since i was 10, all this talking is making me want to visit even more now, it would be nice to have friends living in japan............
(#678 (permalink))
Old
asakuraT (Offline)
New to JF

Send a message via Skype™ to asakuraT
06-13-2008, 12:48 PM

Quote:
Quote:
This is one thing that concerns me alot, that if I manage to move to Japan, that I will not be accepted by the Japanese.

If your Japanese is good enough, you will be treated pretty much normally. If you choose to wander around, shouting English at people because Japanese is too much trouble... You will be avoided like the plague.

In the regional towns I noticed the very positive reaction of people even at one's slightest attempt to communicate in Japanese, it is accepted with a sort of...gratitude and turns to be very motivating
Quite a different reaction from the European, by the way

And one more tip for learning: at present there are a few learning systematic books like Minna-no Nihongo or Shin Nihongo-no Kiso which from the very first lessons offer no romaji. Using that described above way of image and speech pattern presentation. Textbook, audio CD, workbook and kana training, kanji of every word in vocabulary from the first lesson, from 6th-spcial attention.

I am amused how the language is taught to little native speakers of under 2 y.o. The book is based on a certain speech form or pattern, line by line followed by illustration and varied at least in 4 similar situations....

It's not at all a nursery rhyme we read to our toddlers,its a grammar drill.

well, I enjoyed working with it.

Shippai-wa seikoo-no moto
(#679 (permalink))
Old
merveTurkey (Offline)
New to JF

Send a message via MSN to merveTurkey
. - 06-13-2008, 03:25 PM

hhhhmmmm...
(#680 (permalink))
Old
Phyne (Offline)
New to JF

Send a message via MSN to Phyne
07-15-2008, 10:56 PM

hello nyororin, thanks for the good tips and tricks....really appreciate it, anyway, its too long to read all u said, well first of all i hope u dont mind i ask u some questions,

Im brought up in 西の東京, untill 5 years old, then my parents (moms a half jap, and dad's a chinese) decide to send me to London, and ever since i never went back to tokyo, i hardly remember anything bout earlier days. My parents are in New york working and i seldom see them, and they dont speak japanese at all to me, and im still staying in London, ive always wanted to visit japan again, but i dont have any friends or whatever. Im a musician, had a degree in bass guitar and degree in sound engineering (im 21).

so, if i were to SECRETLY.... XD leave London and fly to japan, to visit or how can i get to stay longer(as in half a year or more to experience what i should have if im not been sent to London), is there any way? what would i require? how can i do it?? And which part of japan do u recon i start with? i would really like to try working in Tokyo.... any good advice?? is the living standard high (as in cost of living/food/transport).

if i were to japan for a trip, tokyo lets say, any place i can hang on to which doesnt burn a big hole in my wallet???

lastly, THANKS ALOT ! !
really hope u can give me some help.... =)