(#11 (permalink))
Old
Rogozhin (Offline)
JF Old Timer

10-18-2007, 07:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanchome View Post
Where is an unsafe part of Japan?
Hmm..according to dad, there are alot of underworld related violence and murders in Shinjuku. I haven't a clue myself though, I've felt safe everywhere in Japan.
(#12 (permalink))
Old
masaegu (Offline)
永遠の愛

10-18-2007, 07:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogozhin View Post
Hmm..according to dad, there are alot of underworld related violence and murders in Shinjuku. I haven't a clue myself though, I've felt safe everywhere in Japan.
Hey, thanks! I've been living in Shinjuku for nearly 20 years and I'm still in one piece!
(#13 (permalink))
Old
MMM (Offline)
JF Ossan

10-18-2007, 08:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogozhin View Post
Yeah, maybe, if you are a gangster. Are you a gangster? If not, then no offense, but you can tell your dad that the Japanese mafia really don't make any money off knocking off random gaijin, but would sure bring a lot of attention to themselves if they did. Gaijin in Shinjuku are about as safe as the Pope in the Pope-mobile if their fear is the Japanese mafia.
(#14 (permalink))
Old
asphodel (Offline)
JF Regular

Send a message via MSN to asphodel
10-18-2007, 09:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMM View Post
Yeah, maybe, if you are a gangster. Are you a gangster? If not, then no offense, but you can tell your dad that the Japanese mafia really don't make any money off knocking off random gaijin, but would sure bring a lot of attention to themselves if they did. Gaijin in Shinjuku are about as safe as the Pope in the Pope-mobile if their fear is the Japanese mafia.
bahaha !

A travel guide I read made out that Shinjuku is really dangerous, and you should never venture there at night, if you're a western woman, if you're alone, and especially stay away from dark allyways...
but my sister (who is a 15 year old white female) just got back from a school trip to Japan where they let them roam the streets of Shinjuku at night. She came home in one piece.

OPFF Clan

FAMILY
Imouto - Thalia
(#15 (permalink))
Old
Rogozhin (Offline)
JF Old Timer

10-18-2007, 11:53 AM

Quote:
I wonder what made me bring up a topic on underworld operations Foolishness on my part, not dad though.
(#16 (permalink))
Old
jasonbvr (Offline)
TrixR4Kidz

10-19-2007, 04:33 AM

Quote:
Gaijin in Shinjuku are about as safe as the Pope in the Pope-mobile if their fear is the Japanese mafia.
I wonder how safe the pope-mobile really is. Surely he would be safer in the batmobile. Unless the pope-mobile can fly and has heat seeking missiles. That would be sweet, the pope dropping bombs.
(#17 (permalink))
Old
MMM (Offline)
JF Ossan

10-19-2007, 05:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonbvr View Post
I wonder how safe the pope-mobile really is. Surely he would be safer in the batmobile. Unless the pope-mobile can fly and has heat seeking missiles. That would be sweet, the pope dropping bombs.
It's more than just a fiberglass golfcart. But I dare not say more... (hint: Laser-guided bee cannon).
(#18 (permalink))
Old
TokyoFerrari (Offline)
The white guy in Tokyo

10-25-2007, 04:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by samurai007 View Post
Japan is a relatively safe and honorable society, as a whole.
Safe yes.... Honorable.... I would question that...
(#19 (permalink))
Old
TokyoFerrari (Offline)
The white guy in Tokyo

10-25-2007, 04:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by asphodel View Post
bahaha !

A travel guide I read made out that Shinjuku is really dangerous, and you should never venture there at night, if you're a western woman, if you're alone, and especially stay away from dark allyways...
but my sister (who is a 15 year old white female) just got back from a school trip to Japan where they let them roam the streets of Shinjuku at night. She came home in one piece.
Belive it or not, the only unsafe places in japan are by military bases. Shinjuku is safer then Roppongi and Roppongi is just a bunch of africans asking if you want to see some naked women....or men...whatever you like. Japanese guys are paper thin. If you take a look at my profile you will see the car i drive. I actually left it in the middle of kabuki cho unlocked for about 3 hours and all i got was a ticket by the parking ninjas.
(#20 (permalink))
Old
cloa513 (Offline)
JF Regular

01-07-2008, 04:21 AM

Safe unless you unfortunate enough to considered the prime suspect by the police for a serious crime in which the 98% conviction rate speaks for itself.