JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#71 (permalink))
Old
TokyoFerrari (Offline)
The white guy in Tokyo

10-29-2007, 01:29 AM

Actually thanks but no thanks. I will be clearing out my posts and moving on from here. You guys all enjoy and I hope you all find what your looking for. laters.
(#72 (permalink))
Old
MMM (Offline)
JF Ossan

10-29-2007, 02:02 AM

That's all it takes?
(#73 (permalink))
Old
clairebear (Offline)

10-29-2007, 02:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenchu View Post
Om, like HoseTak, even if he IS telling the truth....

He is definetely telling the truth. :3
(#74 (permalink))
Old
MMM (Offline)
JF Ossan

10-29-2007, 02:16 AM

How strange. TokyoFerrari has taken down his avatar and is now erasing his own posts.

For someone who promised "brutal honesty" it appears he couldn't take his own medicine.
(#75 (permalink))
Old
TokyoFerrari (Offline)
The white guy in Tokyo

10-29-2007, 02:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMM View Post
That's all it takes?
I really dont have the time to be trying to prove myself to people here. i am not here swingin my dick to say HEY look what I have. i am here to let you guys know it is possible to have this in Japan, but I want all of you who dont live here to understand it is not all it is cracked up to be. i went through 1 divorce, almost living on the streets and being broke as hell in tokyo to get where i am at today. Just did not want to see anyone here go through the same shit. I may lurk here and call people out sometimes but if i am going to be nit picked on an avatar, that i was not even thinking twice about, then hey, y'all enjoy. Some people who live here from my understanding live in the country side. Hell Kansai is considered county side. I am just letting you know how cut throat Tokyo is. Who ever the guy is who posted that story is not far off. How do i know? I was in the proccess of renewing my visa. it takes 3 months to do this. You are in limbo for 3 months. My mom was going to pass away and i explained to immigration what was going on, and if I can leave the country to see my mom. They said if i left, I risk not being able to come back for 7 years. I told them she was about to die, they said to our face "We dont care, it is not our problem" My wife lost it and told them she was embarresed to be Japanese. I could not even see my mom when she died. My wife is a lawyer, when she discussed with the partners, they were outraged. Come to find out, there is special permision permits to leave and it is the customs persons discresion. I am a vp for a bank, married to a japanese, american, and pay my taxes. I dont see how he could think i was some bad gaijin. Anyway. i just want you guys to be prepaired when you get here. i dont want you to go through what i went through.
(#76 (permalink))
Old
MMM (Offline)
JF Ossan

10-29-2007, 02:39 AM

TokyoFerrari,

You are obviously very sensitive to this issue, but I think you got a pretty good reception here. We get a lot of bullshit from posters here. A LOT. So if you got called out because you weren't completely clear on who was on your avatar...well to be honest, I was surprised it took more than a few days for that question to come up. You are success, and that is awesome. You are trying to help posters here, and that is awesome, too. I classify you with masaegu and myself who are trying to educate and help people here. We may not always agree on stuff, but it's because we have had different experiences.

Your experience with immigration and your mom's sickness is truly tragic. No one should have to go through that.

It's an Internet forum, some people here are more real than others. People who rescue stray dogs are bit all the time, but if they all quit, we'd be overrun by wild dogs. Your input is appreciated. I hope you continue to give it.
(#77 (permalink))
Old
Peachboy (Offline)
helooo Tiki and Quoy.....

Send a message via MSN to Peachboy
10-29-2007, 02:40 AM

Quote:
How strange. TokyoFerrari has taken down his avatar and is now erasing his own posts.

For someone who promised "brutal honesty" it appears he couldn't take his own medicine.
lmao good call. but i feel sorry for tokyo ferarri his story seems sad

Daughter masako053095 Best Buddy and Conscience Tiki aka Country gal Grandma QuoyaNatsume
HELLO TIKI AND QUOYANATSUME

wow haven't been here in ages. Hi guys and gals
(#78 (permalink))
Old
MMM (Offline)
JF Ossan

10-29-2007, 02:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peachboy View Post
lmao good call. but i feel sorry for tokyo ferarri his story seems sad
Obviously I didn't know his story before I made that post, but I am not going to say that I don't think he's being a little oversensitive. I wouldn't normally say that, but reading his signature, the reaction is a little surprising.

Look at the abuse Tenchu's gotten. From me, alone! And he still shows up.
(#79 (permalink))
Old
Peachboy (Offline)
helooo Tiki and Quoy.....

Send a message via MSN to Peachboy
10-29-2007, 02:50 AM

Quote:
Obviously I didn't know his story before I made that post, but I am not going to say that I don't think he's being a little oversensitive. I wouldn't normally say that, but reading his signature, the reaction is a little surprising.

Look at the abuse Tenchu's gotten. From me, alone! And he still shows up.
tenchu still shows up lmao, whats his sig say its gone i think

Daughter masako053095 Best Buddy and Conscience Tiki aka Country gal Grandma QuoyaNatsume
HELLO TIKI AND QUOYANATSUME

wow haven't been here in ages. Hi guys and gals
(#80 (permalink))
Old
Airwave (Offline)
New to JF

10-29-2007, 02:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TokyoFerrari View Post
So you want to move to Japan because you think it would be the best place to live in the world huh? You better be careful what you wish for. Life is not that great for us here. Read this. This is from a person who lives here now and writes for Japan Times. Let me open your eyes to what it is really like for us.

The blame game | The Japan Times Online
I read it and it doesn't surprise me to a certain extent. I mean, I wouldn't mind living in Japan, even with all the criticism, but then again, I live in a country that is made up of the offspring of immigrants or foreigners, however you wanna put it. So taking the blame is common for me. Besides, I don't think the whole country is like that. I mean even here there may be criticism but there is always someone there that helps...so to speak. Is there any place in the world that isn't like that?