LinkBack Thread Tools
(#61 (permalink))
Old
Illusional (Offline)
JF Regular

10-28-2007, 08:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TokyoFerrari View Post
Even if your 100% japanese blood from another part of the world. You will never be....Japanese.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lonewolf View Post
I think what he means is the Japanese will always see you as a foreigner, no matter how long you live there or how well you speak the language.
see this is only an assumption. being that you said that you're of caucasian decent, ferrrari, you probably also felt the discrimination in one way or another. i'm only half japanese with the other half being chinese, so when i travel to japan, i think that i fit in just fine. it also helps that my family in japan takes me around so the locals never would have thought that i was from hawaii.

raverboy

...this is just my perspective on the situation...
(#62 (permalink))
Old
TheUnknown (Offline)
JF Old Timer

10-28-2007, 11:27 AM

Quote:
Thats right. I have 2 Fcars *see my posted pictures in my forums*. This is useless in Tokyo cause it is so crowded. But driving them down the street allows me the freedom to not pre judged as a scary gaijin. This is nice sometimes...
haha.. ya, it's crowded.. same as HK. not really suited for owning your own car.. but nice car must have cost you heaps to get the driver licence and the licence plate..

Quote:
i'm only half japanese with the other half being chinese, so when i travel to japan, i think that i fit in just fine. it also helps that my family in japan takes me around so the locals never would have thought that i was from hawaii.
wow.. i had no idea that you're chinese i'm chinese as well

Quote:
Even if your 100% japanese blood from another part of the world. You will never be....Japanese.

i think i get what you meant.. even thou you're 100% japanese, the locals will treat you different.. as they believe that you betrayed your own country and choose to live elsewhere and NOW! you come back and steal all those jobs from those "real" Japanese people... but then again if you got cash.. it will no doubt be different..

i think to sum it all up: where'er you're in the world, there will always be racism or any discrimination agains your skin colour & etc.. One thing remains constant is the fact that "Money talks".

人生自古誰無死,留取丹心照汗青。-- None since the advent of time have escaped death, may my loyalty forever illuminate the annals of history.

(#63 (permalink))
Old
TokyoFerrari (Offline)
The white guy in Tokyo

10-28-2007, 04:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenchu View Post
I am not sure the feeling of the Japanese population would entirely reflect that. Especially a few certain groups of the culture, I think they would not care of foreigners. That seems to be the feeling in many places. Dont beleive everything you read, media makes stories to sell them, they are after your money, nothing else. Still, some will have truth, however, discrimination is a part of every country, you cant avoid it. I am from Australia, the country has gone from the pre 9/11 view of multiculturalism with open arms, to "if you cant speak our language and follow our way of life, get out." Now China-town in Sydney and Melbourne have become from places to be proud of to people seeming to think they dont belong in the country. Not to mention the harsh times Muslims get. Some people will refuse to ride on public transport if a person is wearing traditional Islamic dress. What you say is not unique to Japan.

TokyoFerari, dont bullshit. I know who that is in your avatar, I have seen him before. He is not you.
I never said it was me. I said I posted picture. If you look there you will see. Let me clarify, I never said that was me.
(#64 (permalink))
Old
TokyoFerrari (Offline)
The white guy in Tokyo

10-28-2007, 04:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GhostBlade View Post
Who is it then? I'm curious to know. Also, he says he has two Ferarris? I have a hard time believing that. What's the point of having both of them in Tokyo? Also, that article is written by DEBITO ARUDOU. This guy likes to complain about everything.
he is from FitnessRx. Dont belive I have them. I dont mind.
(#65 (permalink))
Old
TokyoFerrari (Offline)
The white guy in Tokyo

10-28-2007, 04:43 PM

Last edited by TokyoFerrari : 10-29-2007 at 01:25 AM.
(#66 (permalink))
Old
NanteNa (Offline)
sixth gun.

Send a message via Skype™ to NanteNa
10-28-2007, 04:45 PM

Hahahaha! XD lol. That's just hilarious!
But to be honest, I don't think the japanese are the only ones 'blaming the foreigners'.. sadly..

[ <-- Jordan's heart! \(Ò_ó)/ ]
Follow me on TUMBLR
"Well if a chick has a problem with the way I conduct myself I'd draw the bitch
a map to the nearest exit and stamp "fuck off" on her forehead."
- Pot Roast
(#67 (permalink))
Old
MMM (Offline)
JF Ossan

10-28-2007, 08:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TokyoFerrari View Post
I never said it was me. I said I posted picture. If you look there you will see. Let me clarify, I never said that was me.
You also didn't correct someone who assumed it was you... just to be clear.
(#68 (permalink))
Old
GhostBlade (Offline)
JF Old Timer

10-28-2007, 10:47 PM

The article shouldn't distract anyone from coming to Japan. Moving to live anywhere will be hard and you may feel discriminated against because you're moving to another culture and country and people often do things differently than what you're used to.

Last edited by GhostBlade : 10-28-2007 at 10:50 PM.
(#69 (permalink))
Old
Kawaii12 (Offline)
New to JF

Cool Greetings! - 10-28-2007, 11:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMM View Post
That's funny!!! It is totally different, huh?
Umm in what way is it differetent *anxious*
(#70 (permalink))
Old
Kawaii12 (Offline)
New to JF

Smile Yeah! - 10-28-2007, 11:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMM View Post
You also didn't correct someone who assumed it was you... just to be clear.
I was about to say that..but i read down first...:P