JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#1 (permalink))
Old
karykan (Offline)
New to JF

hi everyone , i'm a newbie here . - 03-03-2010, 07:42 PM

My name's Karen Kan , but my friends usually call me Kary . I was born and raised in Hong Kong . I speak Cantonese and Madarin , english & a bit of japanese . i love the japanese culture and wanna make frds w/ all of you . If anyone wants to know more abt the culture of HK and Cantonese , ask me .

NICE TO MEET YOU
(#2 (permalink))
Old
totti10it (Offline)
New to JF

Send a message via MSN to totti10it Send a message via Yahoo to totti10it Send a message via Skype™ to totti10it
03-03-2010, 09:52 PM

hi
how r u my friend

i'm ahmed
from egypt
i also like to havr friends from all over the world

i hope to be friends

if u like to be friens
pls add me
totti10it@hotmail.com
unbeatable97f@yahoo.com
totti1it (skype)

www.ahlyegypt.com "el ahly fan"
u'll never walk alone "liverpool fan"
(#3 (permalink))
Old
SeraphicCharm (Offline)
JF Regular

Send a message via AIM to SeraphicCharm
^^ - 03-03-2010, 10:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by karykan View Post
My name's Karen Kan , but my friends usually call me Kary . I was born and raised in Hong Kong . I speak Cantonese and Madarin , english & a bit of japanese . i love the japanese culture and wanna make frds w/ all of you . If anyone wants to know more abt the culture of HK and Cantonese , ask me .

NICE TO MEET YOU
I would love to be your friend.

(#4 (permalink))
Old
gobbledegook (Offline)
JF Regular

Send a message via MSN to gobbledegook Send a message via Skype™ to gobbledegook
03-04-2010, 01:23 AM

Hi Kary!
I'm Orson and I'm actually an ABC (Australian Born Chinese)
I can speak some cantonese, but with a strong western accent. >_<!
I'm a huge fan of Japanese culture too, from music to anime to people so I hope to hear from you sometime soon!
(#5 (permalink))
Old
karykan (Offline)
New to JF

03-04-2010, 03:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeraphicCharm View Post
I would love to be your friend.
Quote:
Hi Kary!
I'm Orson and I'm actually an ABC (Australian Born Chinese)
I can speak some cantonese, but with a strong western accent. >_<!
I'm a huge fan of Japanese culture too, from music to anime to people so I hope to hear from you sometime soon!
Nice to meet you 2~

gobbledegook : are your parents HongKongers too ? Cantonese are difficult to learn , even Cantonese sumtimes pronounce wrongly . Anyways , I was always deeply touched by the japanese songs and dramas , and the food there is so delicious .

Last edited by karykan : 03-04-2010 at 04:01 PM.
(#6 (permalink))
Old
gobbledegook (Offline)
JF Regular

Send a message via MSN to gobbledegook Send a message via Skype™ to gobbledegook
03-04-2010, 08:31 PM

Yep! Originally from HK! I go back there maybe once every two years just to see the relatives. I recently saw 72家租客 when it showed here in Australia. Pretty hilarious stuff.

Who do you like listening to?
In terms of dramas, I've only seen a small number, they include Galileo, and Proposal Daisakusen. Any others to recommend? I've heard good things about Liar Game.
I love it how Japanese food is good in both taste and presentation. No matter how cheap or expensive the food is, it tastes great!
(#7 (permalink))
Old
karykan (Offline)
New to JF

03-05-2010, 10:17 PM

Quote:
Yep! Originally from HK! I go back there maybe once every two years just to see the relatives...
Some of my frds hv watched 72家 too yet i hvnt watched it , they also thought in the same way as you do .

Abt Jap dramas , code blue & bloody monday would also be good , and both of them got season 2 now . BTW , Seigi no mikata & Love shuffle are reli good too if u dont mind those arent new dramas .

My frd thinks tht Liar Game is interesting also , but its average for me .

Besides the good taste and presentation of jap food , i like jap food the most becuz its so healthy . I do like healthy tasty food !!

Last edited by karykan : 03-05-2010 at 10:19 PM.
(#8 (permalink))
Old
gobbledegook (Offline)
JF Regular

03-05-2010, 11:27 PM

The 西洋菜街 in the movie is pretty similar to the real one in Mongkok, I think! I almost got fooled thinking they closed the whole road for shooting that movie. Haha.

I'll give those dramas a go then, thanks for the heads up!

Yes, that too, Japanese food is healthy as long as you don't have tempura and other fried foods!

Have you been to Japan?
(#9 (permalink))
Old
karykan (Offline)
New to JF

03-06-2010, 07:09 PM

To : gobbledegook

Yeh , it's very like the real one in MK , but i've seen the introduction of it on TV
b4 so i hvnt got fooled . ^^

I hv been to Osaka once for KATTUN's concert ( i once liked them XDXD) . The view there was beautiful , The combination of ancient & modern culture is great . The people there were very polite .

I went to Universal studio during the trip , that was awesome ! I've played several exciting games such as back to the future & spiderman . I loved spiderman the most .

How abt u? have you been there b4 ?
(#10 (permalink))
Old
Crisina (Offline)
New to JF

03-06-2010, 10:41 PM

Welcome! I am new too, Japan FTW! It would be cool to go to Japan for my honey moon or for a VERY VERY long time lol

I hope to settle in here also!

Ume Kimonos ~ Ume sells the best traditional japanese kimonos on the web. We emit elegance, high quality and authenticity in all of our products.
www.umekimonos.com