JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#31 (permalink))
Old
SudanSon (Offline)
JF Regular

07-31-2010, 07:04 PM

Ohhhh! I'm sorry I forgot to tell you about my hobbies!

I have many hobbies: Reading-Doing sports exercises-Football-Formula 1

- Music

I like the Spanish football league so much.....it's my favourite!

I'm a big fan of Villarreal club!

Regarding the national teams......in addition to my country's team I support

Argentine, Japan & Uruguay!

In formula 1, I'm a big fan of Williams team......Rubens Barrichello & Nico

Hulkenberg are my favourite drivers!
(#32 (permalink))
Old
PockyMePink (Offline)
=\

Send a message via MSN to PockyMePink
07-31-2010, 07:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMM View Post
Welcome, Mohammed. I am sorry you had such a negative introduction to this site. Usually it is more welcoming.
Actually no, most of the introductions I see that involve the words "I like Japan" get slammed immediately.
(#33 (permalink))
Old
dogsbody70 (Offline)
Busier Than Shinjuku Station

07-31-2010, 09:16 PM

WHY? do they get slammed? Is it a crime?

no need for rudeness anyway.
(#34 (permalink))
Old
Columbine (Offline)

07-31-2010, 11:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogsbody70 View Post
WHY? do they get slammed? Is it a crime?

no need for rudeness anyway.
I guess it's because a lot of the noobs who rock in going "omg, japaaaan, i love it, i want to live there, the japanese are so much better than the people in my country" etc etc, tend to be horribly, willfully ignorant of reality and make terrible generalizations about culture, bordering on racist. The OP (original poster) of this thread unfortunately comes across like that.

I agree though; in my opinion, rudeness isn't called for (although I can appreciate people's frustration) and certainly the OP didn't deserve those pictures being posted (come on Mods, what are you playing at, that kind of stunt has got to be against the rules, surely?) considering he re-clarified his view and has done some reading on Japan at least to explain where his opinion stems from.

On the other hand, I fully agree with Kunitokotachi; SudanSon, your view of Japan is a little naive, particularly (and I hate to say it) considering your nationality. You might find what you read about Japan and what you might experience in person to be quite different scenarios. Equally, you might not, but still, it's very unwise to generalize too much.
(#35 (permalink))
Old
dogsbody70 (Offline)

08-01-2010, 11:45 AM

thanks columbine but when we are young we might envisage some sort of shangri la and perhaps some epeople believe that is what Japan is like. Obviously unless one lives there then even if one reads alot as I have been doing re history and culture-- But I have also seen films here that show certain aspects of JAPAn-- like when kelly osborne was there, they just showed things like geisha, and maids, and sex hotels etc plus she visited a school, also she went into a bar where you can inhale oxygen.

I for one do not think that Japan is only that.

My japanese friend is from the old school traditions-- and even though she has lived here over three years, she will always be japanese in her ways.

I suppose Manga and anime and cosplay is an aspect that appeals to young people-- but tha tis not reality is it?

even if one visits Japan as a tourist, I doubt there is time to absorb the whole way of life there.

When people post that they love Japan perhaps they are being NAIve-- rather like UK being seen as the land of milk and honey-- which it is not.

Rather that than say I hate Japan. After the war may of those who had suffered would never buy anything at all from Japan-- and quite right too.

Many people have short memories and young people may not know the truth of ww2 in the Pacific.

I admire their craft and language so many skills. Yes we all have to move on
but also not be ignorant or too forgetful of history.

The gentleman from Sudan is genuine, surely Sudan is not a good place to live and I admire anyone who tries to build a career for themselves against often tremendous difficuilties.

I feel we should not always assume that some posts are unwelcome-- I have seen some dreadful ones on here.

A little courtesy never goes amiss-- rudeness is often a sign of immaturity.

Anyway hope you are still doing your art. Music and art are one of the worlds greatest gifts and peacemakers. thanks for responding.
(#36 (permalink))
Old
ModusOperandi (Offline)
JF Regular

08-02-2010, 01:44 AM

Salaam Alekum.
Marhaba.Kufya Haluk?

Sorry for the butchered Arabic.
Lol, It's one of the many few random Arabic expression's I picked up from my Sudanese friends when I still lived in Africa. :P

Anyways, welcome to the site Mohammed. Despite the prevalent judgements and idiocy, there's always a useful gem or two contributed by civil posters that makes this site an interesting place to visit.

but until then...sometimes it's better to be a lurker. ;P

Enjoy your stay sir...and I hope you don't get phazed by the select few with some sort of superiority complex.

Last edited by ModusOperandi : 08-02-2010 at 01:46 AM.
(#37 (permalink))
Old
master66 (Offline)
New to JF

Send a message via MSN to master66 Send a message via Skype™ to master66
08-02-2010, 02:27 PM

really seeing those offensive replies is eye-sore >.>...I hope that I don't see such a thing like that again..it will really ruin this forum reputation

Being nice and cool won't hurt right?

welcome abroad