JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#1 (permalink))
Old
Daikirai (Offline)
My own heart killed me.

Band - 03-03-2008, 10:08 AM

I'm becoming a little impatient so this is more to calm myself down a bit, but that doesn't mean that I wasn't serious. I am, very serious.
So, I'm a singer and I can play a little bit of keyboard and bass, but only if I must. I'm not very good with other instruments than my own voice. I have made music by myself, although techno isn't quite something that runs in my veins...I'm more like Gothic-Punk myself(or at least that's what people keep on telling me)...I've noticed that I'm not a bad musician at all. All I need is a band and we'll rock the world for sure.
The reason why I made this thread is that...I don't know where to look for band members, I'm running out of patience and websites, so I'm asking for your help... I've only got bassist now and I really would like to find a guitarist and a keyboardist and a drummer. We're in Finland and the age would be about 13-19 years. If you are interested and you can play your instrument, are creative and not afraid to say out loud your personal opinion, feel free to message me and we'll talk about it. Any questions, I'll answer the best I can.
Or then in the other hand, if you have any ideas of where I could go look for band members, any ideas are appreciated even if it wasn't anything new to me.
My thanks to everyone who wants to help me.

A distorted picture of cruelty.
(#2 (permalink))
Old
LolitaLover (Offline)
JF Old Timer

Send a message via MSN to LolitaLover
03-03-2008, 10:11 AM

myspace, post bullitons
put up advertisements at music stores,
even gigs people are allways looking for side projects

Forum Family:
Most Beautiful girl in the world:Juno!
Little Brother (He likes to poke people!):Auran!
Sister That Stole My Teddy:Joanna!
Little Sister That Stole My Ice Cream:LuLu!
Juno's Evil Twin Sister:ItalianLeather!
The Crazy Maid:Kiyuga!

life's like a box of chocolates all the good shit is already taken
(#3 (permalink))
Old
SHELKE17 (Offline)
The live action Saya

Send a message via MSN to SHELKE17
03-23-2008, 09:28 PM

Hey i'm a singer to not anything yet but i wanna be. you sound like your really taking this seriously thats really good and your not asking ppl for songlyrics lol. sorry someone earlyer started a thread asking for stuff like that. anyway i don't really have much info for you except try playing at bars thats were alot of big bands started off.
(#4 (permalink))
Old
BedroomBebop (Offline)
New to JF

03-24-2008, 01:08 AM

If you're looking for bandmates, try searching around your school or local teenage hang-out spots. You'd be surprised at how many musical talents there may be in your place of academic study. Although I'm guessing you've already thought of this. xD
(#5 (permalink))
Old
Daikirai (Offline)
My own heart killed me.

03-24-2008, 01:26 PM

Too bad all the talent seems to be running away from me... xD I guess me being so serious about this scares them. I'm about to ask my school's best guitarist to come play in my band, but I guess he's serious about playing with the guys he's been playing untill today. If we'd get him, we wouldn't be in so much hurry to find a drummer either because he's good at drumming too. I'm going to ask him anyways, though I think he's going to refuse...

(#6 (permalink))
Old
SHELKE17 (Offline)
The live action Saya

Send a message via MSN to SHELKE17
03-27-2008, 06:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daikirai View Post
Too bad all the talent seems to be running away from me... xD I guess me being so serious about this scares them. I'm about to ask my school's best guitarist to come play in my band, but I guess he's serious about playing with the guys he's been playing untill today. If we'd get him, we wouldn't be in so much hurry to find a drummer either because he's good at drumming too. I'm going to ask him anyways, though I think he's going to refuse...
Hey i think you should totally ask it wouldn't hurt gitarists are some reason the easyest to find but drummers are well harder they tend to flake out the most to for some reason and you have to find a way to carrie around all the drummers euipment..... any way goood luck..
(#7 (permalink))
Old
Daikirai (Offline)
My own heart killed me.

03-28-2008, 09:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SHELKE17 View Post
Hey i think you should totally ask it wouldn't hurt gitarists are some reason the easyest to find but drummers are well harder they tend to flake out the most to for some reason and you have to find a way to carrie around all the drummers euipment..... any way goood luck..
Thank you for the luck. ^^ He didn't refuse, he said he'll think about it and I gave him my phonenumber and told him that if he's interested, he could come meet our bassist when he's coming to the town, since it would be nice if they get to meet too. I'm sure I made clear to him that I'm really serious about having him as our guitarist. I think we get along pretty well though we have only talked twice and I'm sure he'll get along with the bassist too, so I really hope he'd agree to be our guitarist.

(#8 (permalink))
Old
Daikirai (Offline)
My own heart killed me.

04-08-2008, 06:04 AM

*sighs* He did refuse after all, because he'd have felt bad for his friends if he had joined my band... Such a perfect person he would have been for us, now I'll have to find another one. For some reason I still do have a feeling that he'd change his mind and since I did see his expression when he told me that he'd refuse, I wouldn't be surprised if he would change his mind... It has been a long, long time since the last time I saw such a sorry face, seriously. ._. Perhaps I'm a fool, but at least I'm an honest fool who can listen to the sound of the heart, it's rare for me to get along so freely with a random person, so I'll be making sure that our friendship won't end in him refusing to be our guitarist.
So, I'll be looking for another guitarist somewhere else once I've asked every one of the guitarists in my school...

(#9 (permalink))
Old
Alastor (Offline)
JF Old Timer

04-08-2008, 09:07 AM

There are certain music websites, or online music communities, that you can look at. In Sweden we have Jamma and Vendolin for instance.

What you can do also is tell a bit about what you want theband to be, what music you want to play, give examples of songs you want to cover, maybe list a few influences or bands you appreciate that are similar to the music you want to play.

My drummer and I love both similar bands and very different bands, but we both share a love for Metallica, hence we play a lot of Metallica's stuff. More importantly, we're best friends, and that's an important thing: people you play with in your band should be more than just bandmembers, they should be friends.

I'm assuming you expect only people who live nearby to apply here, right? I mean, you can hardly play music from anyone who doesn't live in the same town or near your town. And chances are very slim someone matches that criteria.