JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#1 (permalink))
Old
manganimefan227 (Offline)
星の翼

Critique For My Drawings!! - 06-25-2009, 05:44 PM

Well, I've been drawing anime (Sorta) since 6th grade. I'm going into 9th next year. These are the best of my drawings . I'm asking for you people to look at them and give me advice for them on things I need to improve on so they look like manga characters.. It would REALLY be appreciated.

Also: These are my anime characters, they are NOT from exsisting anime/manga creations. But they soon will become one!!

Arigatou Gizaimasta!!
(#2 (permalink))
Old
RKitagawa (Offline)
JF Old Timer

Send a message via MSN to RKitagawa
06-25-2009, 06:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by manganimefan227 View Post
Well, I've been drawing anime (Sorta) since 6th grade. I'm going into 9th next year. These are the best of my drawings . I'm asking for you people to look at them and give me advice for them on things I need to improve on so they look like manga characters.. It would REALLY be appreciated.

Arigatou Gizaimasta!!
Hello Manganimefan.
first off, I can't help but point out that it's not "Gizaimasta" It's gozaimashita (but even that is wrong, because the mashita part on the end is past tense.)

what you want to say is "Arigatou Gozaimasu"

anyways, If you truly want to improve your art. Draw REAL people!!
I can not stress this enough. If you want to draw people in an anime style, you ABSOLUTELY HAVE TO learn how to draw real people first.

study human anatomy, look at pictures of people and draw them as accurately as you can.
And THEN you can start to apply the anime style to those figures.

Also, there is already an Art Help Thread. If you want to post more pictures I suggest you do it there.

hope this helps a bit

がんばって!
(#3 (permalink))
Old
pumpum (Offline)
JF Old Timer

06-25-2009, 06:47 PM

my 4 yr old niece draws pics like that - she just cant properly colour them in yet !

The things that come to those who wait are the things that are left by those who got there first !
(#4 (permalink))
Old
burkhartdesu (Offline)
JF Old Timer

06-25-2009, 06:57 PM

(#5 (permalink))
Old
Aniymay (Offline)
The Anime Renagade

Send a message via Yahoo to Aniymay
06-25-2009, 10:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by burkhartdesu View Post
that is soo mean....

Hiya! Aniymay is:

~Hard to be Soft
Tough to be Tender~

(#6 (permalink))
Old
Kyousuke (Offline)
Seiryuu

06-25-2009, 10:18 PM

the first one is cute! love the eyes. you should practice more on drawing chibi people. if your interested in drawing, just take your time with it. practice sketching pictures and such so you can get the hang of it.

"Im too drunk to taste this chicken" - colonel sanders
(#7 (permalink))
Old
Aniymay (Offline)
The Anime Renagade

Send a message via Yahoo to Aniymay
06-25-2009, 10:24 PM

it is ok, belive me my drawings looked like that 2 when i was in 6th grade(im not trying 2 b funny either ). I started reading a comic called (fall in love like a comic) and at the end of their 2nd volume they showed me how to draw manga characters,even though that didnt help. So then i went to this cool art club in my home town library and i showed them my comics and was embarrassed, so i was influenced by what they drew and tryed 2 get better. It took me 2 years 2 profect my drawings and now they r awsome, i think. Ialso got this book from my art teachers catologue it was called Manga Mania:Shojo. It can be found at book stores 2. And if that doesnt work go to-[color="magenta"][u][url=http://www.mangatutorials.com]

Hiya! Aniymay is:

~Hard to be Soft
Tough to be Tender~

(#8 (permalink))
Old
RKitagawa (Offline)
JF Old Timer

Send a message via MSN to RKitagawa
06-25-2009, 10:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aniymay View Post
It took me 2 years 2 profect my drawings and now they r awsome, i think.
I find that really hard to believe. first off. I've been drawing for about 18 years, and I am FAR from perfection, and I still don't think any of my art can be considered "awesome".

Nobody can perfect their art in 2 years.
In fact, I don't even believe in such a thing as "perfect" art.

sorry if I'm sounding rude here, but I find that comment to be pretty damn arrogant.
(#9 (permalink))
Old
Columbine (Offline)
Busier Than Shinjuku Station

06-25-2009, 11:13 PM

Ok kids, ease off. Just because you can draw better is not an excuse to ridicule someone who's clearly just starting out.

It's looks like you tried to draw these free hand, so for your best effort, and for a beginner, it's a brave start. Especially to share it on the internet and ask for help, that's really something. I used to hide all my art with a fervor bordering on paranoia.

Anyway, Rkitagawa has a good point. Have a sit down and take a good hard look at some photos of real people and try and think about how a person is actually constructed. It's a bit difficult because visual construction is slightly different from physical construction but there are LOTS of how-to tutorials on the web that could help you. Try googling.

I learnt to draw by copying and it might help you too. DON'T plagiarize though. This is important. The trick is that by copying accomplished artists work you can get a feel for how a style works. Get a picture that'd you'd like to be able to draw and free-hand copy it. If you really struggle, trace it and then do a second copy free-hand afterwards. Have a think; what was difficult to copy? Chances are, that's what you need to know more about and practise drawing. Use your own body as a reference (I spent hours drawing my left hand in various poses; it really helped). now try doing that picture a third time, but alter something so it's a different person. Hair, for example, or clothes. I sometimes still do this but make the person older or younger or the opposite gender. Once you've

Basically, you've got the first thing down right- you like drawing. Now all you need is LOTS and LOTS of practice. Work first on getting your drawings into proper proportions (smaller heads, eyes more correctly spaced, ears etc), the rest will follow in time.
(#10 (permalink))
Old
DarkIndigo (Offline)
New to JF

Send a message via MSN to DarkIndigo
06-25-2009, 11:22 PM

30 years practice...xD

Kimi ga oikaketa yume nara
kitzuku koto ni osorenai de
fueru yoru ni wa kimi wo dakishimete ageyou
dakara kanashi souna kao wa yamete
kimi no egao wo misete okure
dare yori suteki na boku no taisetsuna sono egao wo...