JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#31 (permalink))
Old
kitalia8807 (Offline)
Happiness, you evade me

Send a message via AIM to kitalia8807 Send a message via MSN to kitalia8807 Send a message via Yahoo to kitalia8807
12-09-2006, 07:25 PM

sewing is so much fun.
im a recent article i read,
it said, that recently, teens new trend is sewing again.
ewww, look at that ^^ i made a rhyme. lol,
im so lame.

"every saint has a past, every sinner has a future."

what can i say? no one's perfect.

(#32 (permalink))
Old
Gwen_Goth (Offline)
addict

12-13-2006, 02:07 AM

this is my forst tr a t photo-realism in photoshop; was just playing around the other night... and yesterday morning...

uhmm, yea; she is Mia; main character in a graphic novel/ manga/ illutration project for uni; due in in 5 weeks; i need to start somwhere...

i'll post more about the story at somepoint; i may need some help

Mia :

-~Moddess ~-

▲ ▲

Last edited by Gwen_Goth : 12-13-2006 at 02:12 AM. Reason: added b+w halfway image...
(#33 (permalink))
Old
armageddon18 (Offline)
New to JF

12-15-2006, 08:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gwen_Goth View Post
thanks guys

when i do work digitally, i tend to work in black and white. one of my main influences when it comes to digital work is Dan Kim; his web mangas Paper Eleven, Kanami and Penny Tribute in particuler (the rest are kinda worrying, esp the elfien lied fanfic manga...)

uhm, more! - yes more work ^^

this is a small piece i did a while ago for acrylic paint workshop

the maiko is only about 1" high on the actual painting, detail here

here the only digital piece ive done in colour; was for conceptual studies last month; the brief was to have a city gentleman in a bowler hat with a open umbrella
it was only a one day project, so i did this overnight, hence it being a bit crap

larger version here i got lazy, the sea is just a photo put thru a few filters but other than that its all hand drawn with my pretty pretty wacom ^^
i like the man with the unbrella oout all the one u posted keep up the good work
(#34 (permalink))
Old
Gwen_Goth (Offline)
addict

01-08-2007, 09:46 PM

aww thanks guys...

more recent stuff to come inna min (ie after ive opened photoshop; crashed the laptop; restarted the laptop then loaded it up to photobucket...)

so about 2 days then

-~Moddess ~-

▲ ▲
(#35 (permalink))
Old
koaku (Offline)
JF Old Timer

01-08-2007, 09:50 PM

all of us are very very good in drawing!! love MIA

I Honestly, seriously and truly.....don't care about U
(#36 (permalink))
Old
yesthisismyday (Offline)
JF Regular

01-08-2007, 10:57 PM

love the kimono, awesome !
(#37 (permalink))
Old
Gwen_Goth (Offline)
addict

DAmn photobucket takes SO long xD - 01-09-2007, 01:25 AM

Ok; i said i would; this is a piece i did today (ok, yesterday) Its part of a larger project that i'll be posting up here anyway so i wont go into any details....

its Quink Ink with masking fluid and bleack on standard cartridge paper; teh splatters are made using a diffuser... original size; A3 (sorry not sure what dimensions that is for you yanks... ), scanned at 400dpi... colour corrections, cropping and tagged in photoshop

hope you like it - ths project is due in in a week; so will post it up then

oh; it would be really useful if you could maybe try to interpret the image - in anyway that it strikes you.... is useful for my research; thanks

-~Moddess ~-

▲ ▲
(#38 (permalink))
Old
DarkLuminosity (Offline)
New to JF

01-09-2007, 01:40 AM

OMG I just love the last one O_O Amzing!

Oreta tsubasa wo habatakase,
Subete wo keshite miseyou
Itsu no hi ka owari wo mukaeru
Saigo no kane ga nariyamu made
(#39 (permalink))
Old
Gwen_Goth (Offline)
addict

01-09-2007, 02:19 PM

ok so i seem to have lost the files for what i *was* going to post; so I'll Post this instead...

this is work from last term; Book jacket design; I chose to do Haruki Murakami's The Wind Up Bird Chronicle
I chose to do the Cover in Japanese foramt, the text is directly translated, so i know it probably doesnt make sence, but this was an exercise in design and layout more than anthing, so i'm not so bothered

the front Cover:

the actual image...
(larger copy here)

with the cover i wanted to illustrate some of the main factors withing the novel; the wind up bird itsself is always hidden; never seen so as an analouge for this i used the statue in the abondoned house's garden; another is the main character (Toru Okada)'s affinity with going down the well in said abandoned house's garden... i tried to bring the two images together. the fact the grass line makes a cross ist intended and not supposed to be symbolic of anything...

hope that makes the image a lil more clear...

we also had to produce two inside Illustrations, but as teh novel is split into three 'books' i did three:

I chose to use the cat, Noboru Wataya (later renamed Marcrel) to illustrate the different sections of the book; the first with the cat leaving, symbolising Toru's fall into the obscure, the second with the cat walking, symbolising Toru's search and the Last, with the cat returning, symbolising the conclusion to the many stories and threads within the book.

hope ya like 'em
if anyones read the book - please do comment to tell me what you think of my interpretation

oh yea; the Cover illustration was done entirely in photoshop over about 5 days; the cat illustrations in pen and ink on cratridge paper; about 30mins to each pic
the cat walking away is my fave ^^

-~Moddess ~-

▲ ▲

Last edited by Gwen_Goth : 01-09-2007 at 02:23 PM.
(#40 (permalink))
Old
Kasumi89 (Offline)
JF Regular

01-09-2007, 02:25 PM

*mouth falls on key board* wow...........those are good. Really good.