LinkBack Thread Tools
(#181 (permalink))
Old
mercedesjin (Offline)
JF Old Timer

07-04-2009, 04:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koir View Post
What's with you turning every little thing into a race debate with you in the right and everyone else (having a different opinion) in the wrong?
...You do realize that you're in a thread titled "Inter-racial attraction." Meaning the discussion is about race and has been about race for the dozens of pages before I even started posting.

The thing is, I post my own opinion. Then people reply. Those people think that I'm wrong. That's usually what makes them want to reply to me in the first place. There are many people who disagree with me in this thread, all thinking that they're right and that I'm wrong. Why am I the one that's so controversial to you? Why don't you go and question the people who so adamantly disagree with me wherever I go, and wherever I post?

Honestly, I would prefer it if I could go onto one thread - just one - and post my opinion without being asked to defend my opinion constantly. But, since I can't get that, I guess I shouldn't complain - like how I think you shouldn't complain when I speak my mind. If it's so annoying, just ignore me.

LOVE: pass it on
(#182 (permalink))
Old
bELyVIS (Offline)
JF Old Timer

07-04-2009, 04:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mercedesjin View Post
LO fucking L. Seriously? Dude, seriously? Seriously. Okay. I have been attacked and insulted on this forum left and right. I'm sick of it. And, when I dish a little bit of it back out, people flip the fuck out. Oh Lord. Oh Christ. If I weren't so annoyed, I'd think that was hilarious.

I said you were racist because you don't seem to think that my heritage amounts to anything. I said you were sexist because you've just spent the last couple of pages trying to convince me that women should take the traditional, inferior role of woman for a relationship to work. I'm a woman. I've been with men before. As far as I'm concerned, you automatically put me under the category of "woman" and the apparent requirement that I consider myself inferior.

You're still trying to argue with me about my own sexuality. I think even you can see how silly that is.

I and many modern-day scholars strongly agree with your idea of queer men and women needing to have someone who takes the dominant role. That role is something that stems from heterosexuality. These couples are not heterosexual. They automatically break out of traditional roles. It's true that some, unfortunately, see heterosexual couples and believe that they must mold their own relationship on the idea that one must go out and make money while the other stays home. Most, however, break out of those boundaries and seek true equality.

Thank God no one from the past took the advice you're trying to give me, because I'd be out working the plantation fields right now if they did.

As for "creative" outlets: I've worked with filmmaking, I sell paintings, I'm a teacher's assistant so that I can positively influence student's lives everyday, and I'm working to get published. What's with people on the Internet assuming that they know every little thing about me?
Didn't Dr. Martin Luther King try to make his world what he wanted it to be? He did something constructive. True he lost his life, but he didn't label everyone as being racist. As for you bringing up working in the fields, that is a very racist thing to try to put on someone, me, who never suggested anything near to that idea. You are the one with the problem. Everyone is against poor Mercedesjin, Whah! Aren't you assuming you know every little thing about me by accusing me of being a sexist racist?
Stay in your own little world and I'll be happy in mine.
PS, I'm glad your not teaching my kids your hate.

The World's only Belly Dancing Elvis Impersonator!
(#183 (permalink))
Old
mercedesjin (Offline)
JF Old Timer

07-04-2009, 04:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bELyVIS View Post
Didn't Dr. Martin Luther King try to make his world what he wanted it to be? He did something constructive. True he lost his life, but he didn't label everyone as being racist. As for you bringing up working in the fields, that is a very racist thing to try to put on someone, me, who never suggested anything near to that idea. You are the one with the problem. Everyone is against poor Mercedesjin, Whah! Aren't you assuming you know every little thing about me by accusing me of being a sexist racist?
Stay in your own little world and I'll be happy in mine.
PS, I'm glad your not teaching my kids your hate.
First: I never said you suggested the idea of me working in the fields. Go back and read what I said a little more carefully.

Let's get one thing straight: I'm not labeling everyone as racist. I call out ignorance when I see it. I've seen it with you. Obviously, that makes you upset - but instead of becoming so defensive, why don't you take what I've said into consideration? Why don't you start to think about the fact that there is no one ideal "American" culture? Why don't you start to think about the fact that relationships can thrive without someone taking dominance?

I accused you of sexism and racism because of what you've said to me on this thread. Things that you still haven't responded to. Things that you still haven't apologized for. With the childish attitude you've been giving me, though, I guess I won't expect that anytime soon.

Oh, and by the way: a racist person spewing the preachings of Dr. King Jr. doesn't make him any less racist. It just makes him seem a little bit like a coward unwilling to challenge himself and analyze himself.

PEACE OUT.

LOVE: pass it on
(#184 (permalink))
Old
MMM (Offline)
JF Ossan

07-04-2009, 04:17 AM

If people are going to go so far as to call people racists and sexists they better damn well be able to back it up. Those are not terms people should throw around lightly and without any evidence that is worse than using profanity to insult someone.

I can see nothing in bELyVIS' post that claims anyone's "heritage amounts to nothing".

bELyVIS explained more than once about his relationship with his partner. Not once did her push her down, but rather it sounds like he was trying to pull her up. But that makes him sexist.

I don't see it, but I was called a racist, too, so I probably wouldn't be able to see it. Though quotes from the posts showing the racism and sexism would be nice. ("Implied" doesn't work for me in the same way "tone" doesn't work for me. It is a written forum.)
(#185 (permalink))
Old
bELyVIS (Offline)
JF Old Timer

07-04-2009, 04:40 AM

Quote:
First: I never said you suggested the idea of me working in the fields. Go back and read what I said a little more carefully.

Let's get one thing straight: I'm not labeling everyone as racist. I call out ignorance when I see it. I've seen it with you. Obviously, that makes you upset - but instead of becoming so defensive, why don't you take what I've said into consideration? Why don't you start to think about the fact that there is no one ideal "American" culture? Why don't you start to think about the fact that relationships can thrive without someone taking dominance?

I accused you of sexism and racism because of what you've said to me on this thread. Things that you still haven't responded to. Things that you still haven't apologized for. With the childish attitude you've been giving me, though, I guess I won't expect that anytime soon.

Oh, and by the way: a racist person spewing the preachings of Dr. King Jr. doesn't make him any less racist. It just makes him seem a little bit like a coward unwilling to challenge himself and analyze himself.

PEACE OUT.
:

(#186 (permalink))
Old
bELyVIS (Offline)
JF Old Timer

07-04-2009, 04:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMM View Post
If people are going to go so far as to call people racists and sexists they better damn well be able to back it up. Those are not terms people should throw around lightly and without any evidence that is worse than using profanity to insult someone.

I can see nothing in bELyVIS' post that claims anyone's "heritage amounts to nothing".

bELyVIS explained more than once about his relationship with his partner. Not once did her push her down, but rather it sounds like he was trying to pull her up. But that makes him sexist.

I don't see it, but I was called a racist, too, so I probably wouldn't be able to see it. Though quotes from the posts showing the racism and sexism would be nice. ("Implied" doesn't work for me in the same way "tone" doesn't work for me. It is a written forum.)
Thank you fellow racist.

(#187 (permalink))
Old
ozkai (Offline)
X Kyoto

07-04-2009, 06:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koir View Post
What's with you turning every little thing into a race debate with you in the right and everyone else (having a different opinion) in the wrong?
The thread is more about race, but being racist is different altogether!

Cheers - Oz
(#188 (permalink))
Old
Ronin4hire (Offline)
Busier Than Shinjuku Station

07-04-2009, 08:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMM View Post

BelyVIS' commentary on Western marriage and his perception of Eastern gender roles makes him an orientalist which is racist in the broader sense.

Furthermore his claim that the degradation of marriage in Western society is due to women rebelling against tradition makes him sexist as it puts the blame of said degradation at their feet. (For the record. I don't believe marriage in the West is degrading. Times are changing sure but I wouldn't say it's degrading)

Last edited by Ronin4hire : 07-04-2009 at 08:55 AM.
(#189 (permalink))
Old
Nyororin (Offline)
Mod Extraordinaire

Send a message via MSN to Nyororin Send a message via Yahoo to Nyororin
07-04-2009, 08:45 AM

First, let me give you a round of (laughing) applause. You gave me the exact answer I expected - and that isn`t a good thing.

Quote:
My first reaction is repulsion. I immediately feel like these women are both victims to an oppressive system and people who willingly promote an oppressive system. (cut for brevity)
Those are my initial thoughts... but then I'm also a little curious. I'd want to know WHY these women think that their place is in the household, and why they think they're inferior to men. I'd want to know why these women think that they need a man to go out and make money, to protect them, etc.
You feel repulsion toward a woman making a choice?
All of my life, I have believed that efforts toward equality for women were to give women the ability to make their own choices - regardless of what those choices may be.

You`re telling me now that there is a CORRECT choice that should be made, and an INCORRECT choice that should never be made? How is that increasing the options for women? How is that giving them the right to live life as they feel fit? They`re wrong not to go out and do the exact same things as men?

Believing that your place is in the home because you are inferior is a world away from WANTING to be the home-maker and caregiver to the children because it is something you enjoy.
Or wait - that enjoyment is only felt because those women have been so very oppressed that they can`t make their own choices, right? They need to be told what is good for them by the other more "enlightened" women, right? Wow, doesn`t sound all that different from being oppressed by men - but because it`s women it is alright to judge and pressure them?

Why, exactly, is not emulating a man "inferior" in your eyes?

If anyone is trying to find me… Tamyuun on Instagram is probably the easiest.
(#190 (permalink))
Old
ozkai (Offline)
X Kyoto

07-04-2009, 12:00 PM

This thread is going waaaaaaaayyyyyyyy OFF TOPIC!

Cheers - Oz