JapanForum.com

JapanForum.com (https://www.japanforum.com/forum/)
-   Relationship Talk (https://www.japanforum.com/forum/relationship-talk/)
-   -   Inter-racial attraction (https://www.japanforum.com/forum/relationship-talk/10275-inter-racial-attraction.html)

mercedesjin 07-04-2009 07:28 PM

Er, okay - sorry, but I realized that getting into fights on Internet forums definitely isn't worth my time or my energy.

MUCH LOVE. :rheart:

Kayci 07-04-2009 07:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mercedesjin (Post 741689)
Er, okay - sorry, but I realized that getting into fights on Internet forums definitely isn't worth my time or my energy.

MUCH LOVE. :rheart:

In other words, you're just wanting the last word, but have no way to respectfully do it, because you got severely defeated in the debate?
They're not fighting, at least, Ms. Nyo isn't.
You just got corrected.

mercedesjin 07-04-2009 08:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kayci (Post 741696)
In other words, you're just wanting the last word, but have no way to respectfully do it, because you got severely defeated in the debate?
They're not fighting, at least, Ms. Nyo isn't.
You just got corrected.

I wouldn't know. I didn't read anything that they wrote. Because - well, like I said, it's not worth my energy. I realized it after I started speaking to others about the responses and showed others the forum. They said that the forum is wonderful for getting advice about Japan, but that the people on it are too ignorant and rude to take seriously in these debates. I agreed.

Once again, much love. Seriously.

MMM 07-04-2009 09:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mercedesjin (Post 741699)
I wouldn't know. I didn't read anything that they wrote. Because - well, like I said, it's not worth my energy. I realized it after I started speaking to others about the responses and showed others the forum. They said that the forum is wonderful for getting advice about Japan, but that the people on it are too ignorant and rude to take seriously in these debates. I agreed.

Congratulations, mercedesjin! You just posted the most rude and arrogant post I have ever read on Japan forums. And trust me, that is saying something.

Koir 07-04-2009 09:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MMM (Post 741709)
Congratulations, mercedesjin! You just posted the most rude and arrogant post I have ever read on Japan forums. And trust me, that is saying something.

I'm beginning to see that having a facepalm gif in your sig is a very useful forum device, MMM. :)

Yeah...quite the post mercedesjin. If you don't like reading anything not written by you, you could always ignore the hundreds of other forum IDs in JF. Doing that may take a while.

MMM 07-04-2009 10:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Koir (Post 741710)
I'm beginning to see that having a facepalm gif in your sig is a very useful forum device, MMM. :)

Yeah...quite the post mercedesjin. If you don't like reading anything not written by you, you could always ignore the hundreds of other forum IDs in JF. Doing that may take a while.

The ready made face-palm is always there when I need it. Too bad the OP never came back to see what a monster he created.

Salvanas 07-04-2009 10:08 PM

Quote:

I am not gong to get into this argument, because there are already many people involved (Not to mention, my opinions would not be as tame as the others towards you. You call BELyVIS racist, but I assure you, you haven't seen anything.) already, and I feel it would just become cluttered.

However, I have to add in that so far out of all the people's responses I've had the misfortune of reading on this forum, you shock me the most. Your constant arrogance to others and your manners to others simply disgusts me to no ends. Your personality, and yes, I'm judging you, is the type I hate with all my heart.

You push your opinions onto others, but cry when others bash your opinions. When people's arguments over-ride yours, you wrap yourself into a cocoon of ignorance, putting your fingers in your ears and screaming at the top of your voice.

You truly, truly are a pitiful piece of life. It's a shame that you pollute the word with your drivel, and your personality. We would be better off without such arrogance in this world.

To go back onto topic. Inter-racial relationships are no problem to me. But there are some races that don't appeal to me as much as other races. For example, the majority of Black and Arabian women are not attractive to my eyes. There are a few, but many are not.

bonjoliehistrionic 07-04-2009 10:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Salvanas (Post 741714)

You push your opinions onto others, but cry when others bash your opinions. When people's arguments over-ride yours, you wrap yourself into a cocoon of ignorance, putting your fingers in your ears and screaming at the top of your voice.

To go back onto topic. Inter-racial relationships are no problem to me. But there are some races that don't appeal to me as much as other races. For example, the majority of Black and Arabian women are not attractive to my eyes. There are a few, but many are not.

omg
i love you for saying that <3
its what i meant when i said i generally find south east asian boys attractive
and i get accused of being racist ..
its not like i wouldnt date someone of other races
people who do that are weird

Kayci 07-04-2009 11:33 PM

Quote:

本気に??
That was a weak response.
Sad you had to do that.
They took you seriously.
And I see no attacks onto you- just disagreements.
And they were more respectful than you.
You just want the last word, and want to sound intelligent when you sound more garbled up than former President Bush would while drunk.

You've shown more ignorance, actually.
Please, take a closer look to what you put out here.
If you still think you're in the right, I'm afraid I would pity what you possibly teach others.

burkhartdesu 07-05-2009 12:36 AM

This is like a bunch of genius 5 year olds arguing nuclear physics.

Complete with all caps tantrums, namecalling, and 'ignoring'

Kayci 07-05-2009 02:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by burkhartdesu (Post 741750)
This is like a bunch of genius 5 year olds arguing nuclear physics.

Complete with all caps tantrums, namecalling, and 'ignoring'

I'm going to ignore you and have the last word. Every.Time. :DDD

Nyororin 07-05-2009 02:25 AM

Hahahaha

I say something that is very hard to attack and I am ignored. I wasn`t "arguing", nor was I writing in anger. I wrote very clearly why your opinion and theory doesn`t always apply. Very convenient time to suddenly decide you want nothing to do with "arguing on the internet", don`t you think?

I think Kayci hit it perfectly on the head. You have to be the winner, so if it looks like there is a chance someone might actually "win" the debate other than you, you run. Incredibly childish, and shows just the type of person you are.

burkhartdesu 07-05-2009 02:28 AM

ozkai 07-05-2009 02:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by interracialintimacies (Post 317976)
Hello Everyone,

I am a PhD candidate in Sociology at a University in Tokyo, researching inter-racial desire and the politics that sometimes comes with it. I am presently looking to interview many people about this topic. Specifically, I am interested in people who feel attraction mainly/exclusively toward Japanese/Asian men/women if they are non-Japanese/Asian, or visa versa. Secondly, I am interested in interviewing people who have thoughts or opinions on this dynamic of attraction.

You may think your case or thoughts are not interesting but I am looking for typical and exceptional people, so don't worry! If you enjoy talking about these things, let's meet and I will even buy you a coffee or a drink :) Any inquires are also welcome.

Cheers,
Jamie

Let's start again!

I am attracted to Asian/Japanese women as they tend to have nice slim figures.

I do enjoy a nice medium sized breast size and I do enjoy a lady who is polite.

I find that many a western gal tends to be BIG, not her fault as the oily foods, chocoalte, neglect of the body and over eating are all to blame, although they generally have a mouth to match!

I'm not speaking on behalf of all western or Asian girls, but rather in general.

Some guys like big girls, I don't.

By the way, did you happen to find the opinion maker to meet up with and buy them a drink or coffee?

Kayci 07-05-2009 03:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by burkhartdesu (Post 741769)

For the record, I was messing with you XD

bELyVIS 07-05-2009 03:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ozkai (Post 741771)
Let's start again!

I find that many a western gal tends to be BIG, not her fault as the oily foods, chocoalte, neglect of the body and over eating are all to blame, although they generally have a mouth to match!

I'm not speaking on behalf of all western or Asian girls, but rather in general.

By the way, did you happen to find the opinion maker to meet up with and buy them a drink or coffee?

I guess that would make you a shallow racist in some people's opinion. (You know I'm joking I hope, I agree with your opinion):ywave:

Salvanas 07-05-2009 10:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ozkai (Post 741771)
Let's start again!

Although I agree with your choices most of the time, I tend to like the feisty type myself. Not loud, but feisty. It's a complete match to my calm personality. She would still have to be polite and have her manners ofcourse.

Although, a question Ozkai. If you was to find a girl who was polite, with a medium breast size, and she was western, would you still see her as a capable "catch", or would you still not be attracted because she is not Asian?

I'm just curious.

Ryzorian 07-11-2009 02:06 AM

I think my brain exploded.

Guigoo 07-31-2009 01:57 AM

i think that respecting someone's color or creed is different from getting to have an actual relationship w/ the person, so, although most people say they don't feel any kind of prejudice from japanese in terms of color i still think they wouldn't make out w/ a black person. i dunno.

SoleSurvivor 07-31-2009 03:10 PM

where you were raised has a strong impact on your values and ethics as well as culture and customs. an inter-racial relationship will have more culture differences than one where both parties have the same country of origin.

all of my relationships has been inter-racial because i grew up in an area where it was hard to find other asians. in all of my relationships, i always noticed there were very basic differences between us that were irreconcilable.

for example, in my latest relationship, my ex said if we ever had kids we would not be paying for their college. that completely goes against everything i've been taught about being a good parent. my parents paid for my college and is continuing to help fund my master's. in my family, even if i was 40 something and was having financial problems, my parents would be available to help me.

another difference is that whole last name business. i'm very proud of my last name and my ex was very proud of his. if i ever got married i would not be changing my last name. he was very offended by this.

these small yet important cultures differences have basically wrecked all of my relationships.

NanteNa 07-31-2009 03:40 PM

I prefer foreign people to white. I'm not exactly sure why, but they're just more attractive in my eyes. I can find a white person attractive, but it rarely happens.

Miyavifan 07-31-2009 04:36 PM

I think the same as Nan. though all I've had up to this point are relationships with white guys, though for me it's not just any type of foreigner, nor necessarily a foreigner at all. (there are many Asian people here in Minnesota.)Just specifically Asians on a whole I find much more attractive.

KaiTea 08-02-2009 06:51 PM

Um, well I guess being a Black (American) woman who is a little heavy set just doesn't win with the Asians. -_-;;

I USED to be very attracted to Asian men, but because of the way I look... 1) Not Caucasian nor Asian 2) Not skinny as a rail I just got the short end of the stick. Maybe it was my self-consciousness that stopped me from making an idiot of myself and talking to a guy. Where I am now usually Asian males are with white women or with another Asian woman. I normally see Asian women with a Black male but not the other way around. Being frustrated for years about this, I just gave up and said "Screw it."

Ah oh well, life goes on without getting what you want. -Shrugs-

MMM 08-02-2009 07:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guigoo (Post 754876)
i think that respecting someone's color or creed is different from getting to have an actual relationship w/ the person, so, although most people say they don't feel any kind of prejudice from japanese in terms of color i still think they wouldn't make out w/ a black person. i dunno.

Let's stop with the sweeping comments and racial profiling. Each individual person has his or her own tastes. Many many many people with dark skin have found love with both men and women from Japan. So enough of this.

iPhantom 08-02-2009 07:55 PM

As long a a girl is hot, I'm attracted (sexually) whatever her race is.

Seanus 08-02-2009 08:07 PM

That's the best way, don't single out or discriminate against races. We are born to experience and sample so why not cast the net wide?

DJnohara 08-02-2009 09:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by iPhantom (Post 755805)
As long a a girl is hot, I'm attracted (sexually) whatever her race is.

Same here.
I happen to lean more towards certain ethnicity but not because of their ethnicity but because they tend to poses more inner (personality) and physical characteristics that I find attractive. So what it really comes down to for me is chance and probability, who I'm just more likely to end up with.

Pertaining to this topic (which is staring to get old) here's a video that I think explains it in a funny way:
YouTube - Yellow Fever

Ronin4hire 08-02-2009 10:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJnohara (Post 755822)
Same here.
I happen to lean more towards certain ethnicity but not because of their ethnicity but because they tend to poses more inner (personality) and physical characteristics that I find attractive. So what it really comes down to for me is chance and probability, who I'm just more likely to end up with.

Pertaining to this topic (which is staring to get old) here's a video that I think explains it in a funny way:
YouTube - Yellow Fever

Haha... That video was really funny and well made.

DJnohara 08-03-2009 12:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ronin4hire (Post 755848)
Haha... That video was really funny and well made.

Haha, I thought so too! ^^

Its funny but true at the part when the guy says "you don't get the girl because you have very small.. confidence".

thcuteness 08-03-2009 01:08 AM

dont see what so "special" about being attracted to someone outside your "race" or whatever you call, even though i only date people outside mine own. but its just like anyother relationship

ajithmangal 08-13-2009 06:16 AM

Interracial Intimacies.

:ywave: I am a Sociologist with Asian experience.Like very much for a dialog.Pl.email me.
Quote:

Originally Posted by interracialintimacies (Post 317976)
Hello Everyone,

I am a PhD candidate in Sociology at a University in Tokyo, researching inter-racial desire and the politics that sometimes comes with it. I am presently looking to interview many people about this topic. Specifically, I am interested in people who feel attraction mainly/exclusively toward Japanese/Asian men/women if they are non-Japanese/Asian, or visa versa. Secondly, I am interested in interviewing people who have thoughts or opinions on this dynamic of attraction.

You may think your case or thoughts are not interesting but I am looking for typical and exceptional people, so don't worry! If you enjoy talking about these things, let's meet and I will even buy you a coffee or a drink :) Any inquires are also welcome.

Cheers,
Jamie

Londonsakura 02-06-2014 01:10 PM

South Asian and East Asian mixed relationships

Hi just saw this, I'm interested to know how your research went? I'm in London and find there are many mixed relationships but I've heard it's not so common in Japan especially South Asian women and Japanese men, do you have any research on this? :):confused: