JapanForum.com  

View Poll Results: Do you belive in real love?
Yes, I do! 85 61.59%
I'm not sure... 35 25.36%
No, i don't...! 18 13.04%
Voters: 138. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#111 (permalink))
Old
PockyMePink (Offline)
=\

Send a message via MSN to PockyMePink
12-17-2008, 04:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keaton421 View Post
Cause its friggin' great, that's why. I know there are a lot of jaded and bitter people here, and one might argue that love is just a chemical reaction... but it's the fun and companionship that comes along with it. It's like having a best friend you can f*ck.

Imagine the feeling you get when you open a pack of pocky, or read manga, or smell ramen. Remember how you said "WAAAAAA POCKKY!!"? That's what love feels like, I guess
But that's not "love"...that's more like, pleasure, indulgence, selfishness, happiness, etc.

Love is always seen as a general expression for happiness, or joy. Like....you "love" pocky, manga, or ramen because it brings you pleasure. Or you "hate" sucky manga, stale pocky, and nasty smelling ramen because it brings you displeasure.

I guess what I'm saying is that if you mean love as in things that bring you pleasure...then yes, it should be treated greatly. But if you mean love as in romance, then it should be treated as every other emotion (all of this is in my opinion, of course).

Side note: WAAA POCKY! I only have two boxes left!! T_T
(#112 (permalink))
Old
Keaton421 (Offline)
JF Old Timer

12-17-2008, 05:06 AM

Romance is tough to pin down. Kissing each other on top of a mountain or filling a bathtub with rose petals isn't necessary, but movies make it seems like there are silly things integral to romance. I consider romance as doing sweet things to the one I love romantically (sexual love) to show I care, without the expectation of getting something in return.

Oh! I wish I was in the land of Ramen
Otaku there are not downtrodden
Kawaii! Kawaii! Kawaii, Desu Ne!

MAXIMUM VIPER
Defender of the Scholar, Scourge of the Otaku, Savior of Japan
(#113 (permalink))
Old
MaculateOffering (Offline)
New to JF

Send a message via Yahoo to MaculateOffering
12-17-2008, 05:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keaton421 View Post
I consider romance as doing sweet things to the one I love romantically (sexual love) to show I care, without the expectation of getting something in return.
I agree with this! I think too many people get caught up in the "Hollywood romance" that tends to fill our thoughts as we develop and grow in our lives. I mean, flowers and chocolates are nice but I would consider my spouse doing some laundry or just brushing my hair more desirable/romantic than the previous. And my spouse KNOWING that these things would make me more happy is reassuring, showing me he loves me so much as to put heart and thought into expressing his love.

We're all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars. ~Oscar Wilde
(#114 (permalink))
Old
Saffron (Offline)
I'm leaving

Send a message via AIM to Saffron
12-23-2008, 04:39 AM

Yes I believe in love for sure. Actually there was a guy I was talking to well over a year ago now, I thought I had found love with him but he rejected me and it was not until recently I realized it was just infatuation for me. I really felt anxiety with him, I stopped eating and I was unhappy. I think I would know if I found true love because the way I see love is that person would make me feel happy even when we are apart. I read somwhere if a person makes you feel anxiety they are not the one. I have hope in my heart that the guy I am meant to be with is out there somewhere. I do live on my emotions a lot but I do not just see the romantic side. I know that whoever he is I will really care for him and be there with him in good and bad times.
(#115 (permalink))
Old
Thief (Offline)
JF Regular

12-24-2008, 10:52 PM

(#116 (permalink))
Old
yukiNnight (Offline)
Banned

Send a message via AIM to yukiNnight
12-24-2008, 11:49 PM

Well i do beleive but in this time it's really hard to find someone who u can

spend ur life with happily. Let's just say when i found this guy i like then

later i dont like him anymore i'm soooo weird. I only remebered about liking

one person and never lost interest, but that's something in the past.
(#117 (permalink))
Old
Salvanas (Offline)
Great, just my luck.

12-25-2008, 12:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZedKnightly View Post
if i had letters HRT, i can add EA and get a HEART.. or a "u" and get HURT..
but id rather choose "u" and get hurt, than a heart without u..

tell me, if theres no love, how in bloody hell would someone make these kinds of quotes?
how would shakespear write romeo and juliet, the greatest love story ever told?

love is real. it is the only proof that you are really ALIVE.

It's amazing what infatuation can do.

Also, words lie.

- “I've been lucky. I'll be lucky again.” -
(#118 (permalink))
Old
minimin (Offline)
Reeta-Leena Korhola

Send a message via AIM to minimin Send a message via MSN to minimin
12-26-2008, 04:11 AM

I do and then I dont so

I dont because, does everyone really have the capacity to love someone regardless of whats wrong with them, or if they did something wrong such as: cheat. and Cuz I never really experienced it yet. I've seen some of what I thought was real love Disintegrate right before my very eyes over small stuff, ya' know =/

and I do because, its just something I want with my heart and soul, I believe someone in this world was meant to make me happy and love me too. Plus I've seen it. just a few times tho. Its so rare its scary. But I do hope to experience this one day

Rest in peace Kyle <3