JapanForum.com  

View Poll Results: what do you prefer for relationships or love in general ??
Marriage ((one person in your life )) 45 77.59%
Free Life (( multiple sexual relations during life )) 13 22.41%
Voters: 58. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#11 (permalink))
Old
Ronin4hire (Offline)
Busier Than Shinjuku Station

12-05-2008, 12:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blac View Post
probably im the only male here that wants to be married.
i live in a very conservative society although i dont care of what others might say my girlfriend is conscious about it.
weve been together for almost 4years now another 4 to go T_T
Aww man! Are you going to fill in the gaps?

There is so much missing in that post...
(#12 (permalink))
Old
SHAD0W (Offline)

12-05-2008, 12:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronin4hire View Post
Aww man! Are you going to fill in the gaps?

There is so much missing in that post...
maybe we can have a go? could be interesting!

I might the only male here that wants to get married.
I live in a very conservative society. (next line omitted, was random).
Been together with my girlfriend for almost 4years now another 4 to go before we get divorced.

How'sat?

I'm sorry for all the bad stuff I said and all the feelings I hurt.. Please forgive me

Last edited by SHAD0W : 12-05-2008 at 12:52 PM.
(#13 (permalink))
Old
Naoko (Offline)
Evil Muffin 奈央子

Send a message via AIM to Naoko
12-05-2008, 12:50 PM

I want to get married. It may seem shallow, but I don't want to be somebody's girlfriend for the rest of my life. Then again, I have my priorities and moralities when it comes to marriage straight. Rushing into it is stupid and that's why a lot of people go getting married in their early twenties and divorcing one or two years later. They didn't truly know that person, nor their feelings towards that person. Love isn't lust/infatuation. People don't see the bad parts of marriage...there are times where the sh** is going to hurt, and you have to stand by your other half. They oftentimes don't make sure that they share the same life goals, etc. It's just a ring, fancy title, and a piece of paper to them, and that's why it fails. If you don't believe in what it stands for then there's no point.

Some people just -shouldn't- get married, and that's fine. I have absolutely nothing against people who think that way as for a time I felt the same. However for me, if I get married, it WILL be the last time. I don't care if we get divorced later on down the road, as the person that it's with has my same morals and believes divorce is a last result when things are just not going to work and is for the best. I will not get married a second time whether someone comes along or not lol.

外人警報発令中!!!! ヽ(`Д')ノ
My Japanese still sucks. Feel free to correct me! Any constructive criticism is appreciated.((どうも、ナゴナゴさん!!))

Last edited by Naoko : 12-05-2008 at 12:52 PM. Reason: Edited for clarity :)
(#14 (permalink))
Old
Blac (Offline)
JF Regular

12-05-2008, 01:00 PM

Quote:
Been together with my girlfriend for almost 4years now another 4 to go before we get divorced.
you almost got it. Except for the last word, what i meant was "before we could get married".

i am obviously not a English native speaker.
(#15 (permalink))
Old
SHAD0W (Offline)

12-05-2008, 01:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blac View Post
you almost got it. Except for the last word, what i meant was "before we could get married".

i am obviously not a English native speaker.

Teehee. My sense of humour is pretty harsh sometimes. Don't worry, you'll learn to love me. Forgive me if i caused any offence

I'm sorry for all the bad stuff I said and all the feelings I hurt.. Please forgive me
(#16 (permalink))
Old
kyo_9 (Offline)
JF Old Timer

Send a message via Yahoo to kyo_9
12-05-2008, 02:35 PM

I believe that marriage is the best way of life.. human can't live solely forever, we may think that we can do whatever we can now, but in our twilight days, we really need someone to share with what we have achieved in life, the closest person to us that we LOVE.. now, we still have our parents, but soon they will be gone and then, who are there to look for us? you think your friends is there for you until you die? Don't you think that your friends also have their family to take care with? the thing that bonds families are marriage.. and that is my opinion..

PEACE~

LiVe Ur LiFe
Don't do drugs!

(#17 (permalink))
Old
Sparhawk (Offline)
New to JF

12-05-2008, 02:50 PM

I have been married for 16 years and would it again if given the chance. I was married before for the right reason, but we were both immature and it only lasted 3 years.

It's wonderful to wake next to your best friend. i enjoy my life with my wife and we have 3 beautiful children. For me and my wife, it's what God wants for us. Having been in the dating scene for years,before getting married this time, I know that lifestyle is not for me.

There are legal benefits as well. Teh piece of paper allows some benefits in society that would not be available in not married.

Bottom line is the piece of paper was a technicality when I got married. I knew I loved her and wanted to spend the rest of my life with her way before we got married. Marriage is a commitment to each other, an promise to enjoy the good times and enduring the hard times WITH each other, not apart.

(#18 (permalink))
Old
Keaton421 (Offline)
JF Old Timer

12-05-2008, 03:33 PM

People these days are hilariously afraid of marriage. They say stuff like "I need to find myself first" which is a cheesy vacuous line from every romance movie ever. It's not so much that people want to find themselves or be with many different partners - it's that people who married stupidly portray marriage as an evil institution, and our generation is notoriously afraid of commitment and sacrifice.

I'm all for marriage. I think the dating scene is an abomination, a ridiculous and expensive mating ritual - and I wouldn't stay for someone for long if we weren't thinking about our future. Those couples that pretend to play house but are really just f*ck buddies are funny to me

Oh! I wish I was in the land of Ramen
Otaku there are not downtrodden
Kawaii! Kawaii! Kawaii, Desu Ne!

MAXIMUM VIPER
Defender of the Scholar, Scourge of the Otaku, Savior of Japan
(#19 (permalink))
Old
jene (Offline)
devil jene

Send a message via MSN to jene
lol - 12-05-2008, 04:15 PM

i dont get it...........marriage is beautiful romantic thing that is just between two peaple ......tell death take them apart .. these days everyone is cheating .....that is why i am afraid to get marriage.......but one day i will find my soulmate ...she is alive somewhere

i have tried to find my soulmate
but i have lost hope
(#20 (permalink))
Old
Nyororin (Offline)
Mod Extraordinaire

Send a message via MSN to Nyororin Send a message via Yahoo to Nyororin
12-05-2008, 05:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keaton421 View Post
People these days are hilariously afraid of marriage. They say stuff like "I need to find myself first" which is a cheesy vacuous line from every romance movie ever. It's not so much that people want to find themselves or be with many different partners - it's that people who married stupidly portray marriage as an evil institution, and our generation is notoriously afraid of commitment and sacrifice.

I'm all for marriage. I think the dating scene is an abomination, a ridiculous and expensive mating ritual - and I wouldn't stay for someone for long if we weren't thinking about our future. Those couples that pretend to play house but are really just f*ck buddies are funny to me
*clap clap*

This sums up most of my feelings. I have never seen any point in a relationship that doesn`t at least have the potential to last. I`ve only been in one relationship that was shorter than a a year and a half - and it was very short, cut off by me when I realized there was no point in pursuing it.
I mean, honestly, why set yourself up to be hurt or to hurt someone? I think there are very few relationships where both parties go into it without any feelings, and end with none also.

Most of the people who are so terrified of marriage are because they`ve never been with someone who they could imagine spending their lives with. That`s not a problem with marriage - that`s just their experience. It`s like saying that all books are crap because you`ve yet to read one you like. The world is a very large place. If you don`t think you could handle marriage (or other name for until-end-of-life commitment - then it`s because the person you are with or have been with is not someone you should marry.

I`ve been married for 8 years now. We have the text book list of traits that cause marriages to fail* - and yet we`re incredibly happy. It`s all about the person. If it is the right person, marriage should not be scary.

*(Student marriage, interracial marriage, overseas marriage, very young marriage, long term hospitalization, disabled child, etc etc etc)

If anyone is trying to find me… Tamyuun on Instagram is probably the easiest.