JapanForum.com  

View Poll Results: what do you prefer for relationships or love in general ??
Marriage ((one person in your life )) 45 77.59%
Free Life (( multiple sexual relations during life )) 13 22.41%
Voters: 58. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#21 (permalink))
Old
Naoko (Offline)
Evil Muffin 奈央子

Send a message via AIM to Naoko
12-05-2008, 05:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nyororin View Post
*(Student marriage, interracial marriage, overseas marriage, very young marriage, long term hospitalization, disabled child, etc etc etc)
Wow...bless your heart for standing strong in all that.

外人警報発令中!!!! ヽ(`Д')ノ
My Japanese still sucks. Feel free to correct me! Any constructive criticism is appreciated.((どうも、ナゴナゴさん!!))
(#22 (permalink))
Old
Bureda (Offline)
Banned

12-05-2008, 11:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissMisa View Post
I don't wanna get married. Just a waste of time/money. There is no way in hell I'm ever changing my last name.
Awww, how cute.
(#23 (permalink))
Old
reihiino (Offline)
The North Remembers

12-05-2008, 11:47 PM

Not totally against it. But...i dunno...the thought of a commitment scares me right now...yes i know that there are people who are sick of hearing that excuse when they themselves are in a relationship or are already married. but this is how i've felt for a long time. I can honestly say that right now I am fine being single. If in the future I do meet the one & then maybe yes i would get married. But I'm not holding my breath for it.

s the 10th doctor
s Verbal & Taku
(#24 (permalink))
Old
Bureda (Offline)
Banned

12-06-2008, 12:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by reihiino View Post
Not totally against it. But...i dunno...the thought of a commitment scares me right now...yes i know that there are people who are sick of hearing that excuse when they themselves are in a relationship or are already married. but this is how i've felt for a long time. I can honestly say that right now I am fine being single. If in the future I do meet the one & then maybe yes i would get married. But I'm not holding my breath for it.
Will you bare my children?
(#25 (permalink))
Old
CarleyGee (Offline)
staring at awkward legs

Send a message via AIM to CarleyGee Send a message via MSN to CarleyGee
12-06-2008, 12:36 AM

If you're planning on being with them forever, why not get married?
Though at the same time, what's the point?

I have too many views on this, haha.

Help my Cause for homeless teens!
http://www.socialvibe.com/CarleyGee

R.I.P Johnny
3-31-09

http://www.formspring.me/CarleyRenee17
Ask me any question
(#26 (permalink))
Old
superheel (Offline)
JF Old Timer

12-06-2008, 01:04 AM

Being married to the one you really love is the best.

"Save the earth from Global Warming!"
(#27 (permalink))
Old
Eiri (Offline)
Random lost person

Send a message via Yahoo to Eiri
12-06-2008, 01:35 AM

I've thought of the M word, but I've never had the dream of getting married. I'd be fine to just live with him (whom ever it may be)as a couple. I he asks me to marry him then I'd say yeah (after thinking about it...which would probably cause him to worry)

My Property:Pexster, Slykaz1

If the ocean was vodka and i was a duck,
i would go to the bottom and drink my way up
but the ocean isn't vodka and i'm no duck
so pass up the bottle and shut the hell up!

Score: Eiri: 43 Slykaz1: 78Rojjin: 59 Yuna7780: 79 reihino:15 Crani:22 Ramones1976:0 AnimeBaby:3 Arikado:1 Kikibunny23:3
(#28 (permalink))
Old
xYinniex (Offline)
Quit yo' jibber jabber!

12-06-2008, 01:48 AM

haha, I don't even have an opinion on dating at the moment, let alone marriage XD.

But i'm thinking
free love then marriage?
thats what most people go through anyways.

"I'm sorry, but i must have given you the impression that I actually care about your opinions"
(#29 (permalink))
Old
Arikado (Offline)
Elegant Rocker

Send a message via AIM to Arikado Send a message via MSN to Arikado
12-06-2008, 02:17 AM

Marriage doesn't constitute true love. I see too many kids these days whose parents are divorced because the parents made the wrong, ill-judged decision to marry each other and have children. Or they made that decision over some stupid reason, thinking it was the only option to get themselves out of whatever mess they were in. Marriage does not magically solve problems. I know this from family experience, so don't think I don't know what I'm talking about.
Just because you think you love somebody a lot, it doesn't mean you're ready for marriage, and it doesn't mean that you'll be any happier.

Now don't go thinking that I don't like the idea of marriage. I think marriage is the ultimate step in life and is a great thing for two people who truly love each other, no matter race, sex, or age, to find solace and to spend the rest of their lives together. It's a beautiful thing. But don't take advantage of it.

As for multiple relationships at the same time: If you're a player, fine, go for it. I'm not going to say anything against it because everyone has their opinion of their idea lifestyle and nothing I say is gonna change that anyway. But personally, I don't agree with it. I think if I knew that my girlfriend was hitting on other guys, or was in other relationships, I'd be OUT in the blink of an eye. It's just lack of respect is all it is.

Member of the Metal Club
"Ignorance is the night of the mind, but a night without moon and star" -孔夫子
(#30 (permalink))
Old
superheel (Offline)
JF Old Timer

12-06-2008, 02:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arikado View Post
Marriage doesn't constitute true love. I see too many kids these days whose parents are divorced because the parents made the wrong, ill-judged decision to marry each other and have children. Or they made that decision over some stupid reason, thinking it was the only option to get themselves out of whatever mess they were in. Marriage does not magically solve problems. I know this from family experience, so don't think I don't know what I'm talking about.
Just because you think you love somebody a lot, it doesn't mean you're ready for marriage, and it doesn't mean that you'll be any happier.

Now don't go thinking that I don't like the idea of marriage. I think marriage is the ultimate step in life and is a great thing for two people who truly love each other, no matter race, sex, or age, to find solace and to spend the rest of their lives together. It's a beautiful thing. But don't take advantage of it.

As for multiple relationships at the same time: If you're a player, fine, go for it. I'm not going to say anything against it because everyone has their opinion of their idea lifestyle and nothing I say is gonna change that anyway. But personally, I don't agree with it. I think if I knew that my girlfriend was hitting on other guys, or was in other relationships, I'd be OUT in the blink of an eye. It's just lack of respect is all it is.
Divorce is the problem. As long as it's legal, then married couple will always have the choice of seperating because they can do it legally.

"Save the earth from Global Warming!"