LinkBack Thread Tools
(#51 (permalink))
Old
Bureda (Offline)
Banned

01-22-2009, 07:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomoyaIchigo View Post
Alrite... Ladies n Gentleman, Guys n Gals... What do you think about romance in Japan? How is it like having BF or GF?

Lately I've been reading lots of romantic mangas.

Most of the plot are based on school life and they were written as if japanese guys are either perverted or really idiot who doesn't even know what a girl want. On the other hand, the girls, in manga, are very pretty, yet they fight each other to be GF of those good-for-nothing male lead.

Guys... I mean no offense here. I know most of japan guys are really bright and talented. But how do you guys feel about those character in manga. Are there such boy n girl in Japan? Or are they just wild imagination of over-perverted mangaka's thoughts?

Girls.. how about you all? Do you think you will do something like that in those manga if you like a guy? How do you feel about those manga? What kinda guy you want as your BF?

I'm really curious about this since I read a few romance manga. I read I''s, Suzuka and a few more. If you know better manga let me know too. Hope to hear what you all have to say about this.

P.S. I'm not japanese nor live in Japan. So, I know nothing about this. Pls do care to share some experience. And I would like to have a few friend who wanna talk about this with me. Matta ne.
Clearly you're chatting shit. Bar none.

Romance can be successful and bitter under any tradition. What you read is an extreme view of romance. In the real domain of human existence a man is unable to catch a bullet with his teeth, save the world and have a harem.
(#52 (permalink))
Old
TomoyaIchigo (Offline)
New to JF

01-22-2009, 08:52 AM

Thank you Nyororin,

I finally have a response from a girl, even married n with good personal experience.

All these stuff about anime n manga, I know they are not close to reality...
But I also know there are such characters in reality... even though rare...

And I could see the problem those japanese ppl facing... esp. young one...
girls really like to be praise or show off by their bf in the public... and the guys lack of courage make them disappointed. And that when those American n Western guys snatch away those pure innocent girls... the japanese society has change coz of that.

Anyway... of coz we will nvr know or understand what another person's feelings are... rite?
There is no point in keep arguing...
But if someone who having this kinda personality, give out his opinion will be great...
On second thought... they might probably not...
(#53 (permalink))
Old
TomoyaIchigo (Offline)
New to JF

Thumbs down 01-22-2009, 09:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bureda View Post
Clearly you're chatting shit. Bar none.

Romance can be successful and bitter under any tradition. What you read is an extreme view of romance. In the real domain of human existence a man is unable to catch a bullet with his teeth, save the world and have a harem.
chatting shit!?

Like you say "Romance can be successful and bitter regardless of any condition or environment"... that is what make this topic alive...

Ya.. human cant catch a bullet... coz that is physical and is beyond reality...

But we are talking about romance... love... with is emotional...
means... can be beyond imagination...
but each and everyone experience differently...
that why I wanna talk about it...
still if I say like that.... it's too wide too discuss and the thread be in mess...
so, since we r in japanese forum, this thread is all about romance happening in Japan...

But cant help.... so far i see more member from American than from Japan...
and they start talking highly of themselves hoping some girl read their strong opinion and fall for them...

I wouldn't join this forum if i knew that earlier...
Wanted to know more about Japan instead only I got info about how western guy so desperate to have a Japanese girl...

speaking of which.. u might think m one of them... i cant say no... but m not..
lately i was deep in manga and really wanted to know if they are jux mangakas' imagination or real Japanese culture...
And also m looking for Jpop recommendation when I found this forum....

Anyway... looks like i gotta ask admin to close down my thread since I, myself feel like rubbish aldy...
(#54 (permalink))
Old
Ronin4hire (Offline)
Busier Than Shinjuku Station

01-22-2009, 10:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bELyVIS View Post
Are you saying I am socially inept because I have had Japanese girlfriends and a Japanese wife? I'll have you know I have had girlfriends from several different Western countries and was married to an American before. I find most American (and some other western countries) women to be very spoiled, demanding, bossy, and uncooperative. (ladies I said most, so don't get mad) I believe that western women try so hard to be considered equals that they ruin the relationship by trying to make sure that they are in control and not an equal partner in it. If not allowing a woman to control and not share in the relationship is anti-feminist, then I am guilty of that. My wife (and prior Asian girlfriends) is very happy because I do treat her equal and we cooperate with each other. I rarely found this with the western women I was involved with. My wife refused to marry a Japanese man because she felt the same way towards them as I feel towards western women now.
Socially inept? Take a look at my photos in the members galleries. I dated a lot of those women I am in the photos with. I'd rather be socially inept and keeping busy with those beautiful Asian women than watching "Dateless Dude Theater" and getting cramps in my hand from overuse like you!
I'm not saying anything... I was simply giving you advice on the correct way to make a generalisation. It's a coincidence that the generalisation fit the fact that you have a Japanese wife.

As I told Keaton... I'm not interested in what you think of me. I'm not going to brag about my love life on here in some sort of dick measuring contest because I really don't feel the need to prove anything to anyone so please stop. Personally speaking I think I'm better looking than you anyway but whatever... eye of the beholder and all that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bELyVIS View Post
By the way, you have insulted all Japanese women who date or marry westerners by implying that they can only find romance with western rejects. How do you think your female Japanese friends would feel about you if they knew that was your thinking?

"Many foreign women living in Japan have told me that the white men they encounter in Japan very much fit within this description. "
Is it possible that these foreign women are mad because foreign men would rather date Japanese women? This blog said nothing important because it was just one sided. Get a better source before you insult people.
I suggest you take another look at it.

The blog stated an observed phenomena and hypothesized on the causes of this phenomena based on factual generalisations about Japanese society. It needn't have offended you or anyone else unless it hit a nerve. The generalisation allows for room to distance yourself from it if you happened to be a white male dating a Japanese woman and you felt it didn't apply. It also avoided painting everyone with the same brush.

You however stated a perception as fact, applied it to a whole group of people and dismissed people who didn't fit into your perception as exceptions to the rule. I'm telling you now... that's not how it works.

Last edited by Ronin4hire : 01-22-2009 at 10:44 AM.
(#55 (permalink))
Old
Nyororin (Offline)
Mod Extraordinaire

Send a message via MSN to Nyororin Send a message via Yahoo to Nyororin
01-22-2009, 12:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomoyaIchigo View Post
Anyway... looks like i gotta ask admin to close down my thread since I, myself feel like rubbish aldy...
I don`t personally feel the thread needs to be closed, but will take this as a request and do so, as you seem to feel your question has been answered satisfactorily.

If anyone is trying to find me… Tamyuun on Instagram is probably the easiest.
Closed Thread