JapanForum.com

JapanForum.com (https://www.japanforum.com/forum/)
-   Relationship Talk (https://www.japanforum.com/forum/relationship-talk/)
-   -   Do you go for looks or personality? (https://www.japanforum.com/forum/relationship-talk/32328-do-you-go-looks-personality.html)

myk 04-18-2011 03:47 AM

everyone says personality but we all know it's looks.
that's why all the hot people are together and the rest of us are here on this message board.

Trifectionx 04-18-2011 04:02 AM

you can see how someone looking for personality before aesthetics is a noble thing, but then, if u tell ur significant other that they have a nice personality but you find other people more physically attractive, its ten times worse.

looking for physical attraction isnt selfish.

TalnSG 04-18-2011 06:52 PM

There is difference between appreciating someone's good looks and seeking out those with good looks.

I think myk just gave us a good example of visualkeito's comment.

rio09 04-19-2011 11:13 AM

Personality !! looks is just ONE factor(since you always can make-over it, c'mon never see ugly betty turn in beautiful butterfly?) also i don't mind on minor changing, like what Hollywood does. Ya know what i'm talking about (plastic).

Asian peoples are picky when come to looks even you *DONE IT* yourself, because they care about how their baby would look... Yea like they whining about skin color,big nose,no eyes lids...that kind of stuff lol..

So yea summary Personality is what you can't change it in a day, but Looks can be Change rapidly.

XxBiancaxX 04-19-2011 11:21 AM

Well... why do i want a super sexy guy if he has a horrible personality?? no thnx... i would prefer a man that has a brain please!!! XD
Like rio says... looks is just one factor, ok... we have to be atracted to a person so u can start liking eachother but when a guy has a ban personality he loses his appeal... ¬,¬

myk 04-19-2011 11:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TalnSG (Post 861864)
There is difference between appreciating someone's good looks and seeking out those with good looks.

I think myk just gave us a good example of visualkeito's comment.

you can't honestly say that people mainly care about personality. however, people do tend to be realistic about who they can get. for example, a dude who's a 5 is going to try and get a girl who's a 5 too. maybe a 6. those kinds of people DO tend to have better personality traits. they definitely aren't stuck up like hot people are, and they're usually more empathetic and kind. those things are important to me, just like they are to you, but i think it's misleading to tell everyone in this thread that a great personality is all it really takes.

i guess the point is if you're really good looking, then looks are going to be very important to you. i'm not saying that personality won't help you out, but chances are that 10 is gonna find another 10 who's smart, funny, etc etc.

dogsbody70 04-19-2011 12:12 PM

beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

what appeals to one person may not to another.

looks are only skin deep anyway. behaviour is another factor.

if you have someone who is really ha\ndsome or gorgeous--others may get jealous--so better to have someone who has a happy character--not full of themselves. looks are meaningless really--its the person beneath the skin that really matters.

ryuurui 04-19-2011 01:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rio09 (Post 862020)

Asian peoples are picky when come to looks even you *DONE IT* yourself, because they care about how their baby would look... Yea like they whining about skin color,big nose,no eyes lids...that kind of stuff lol..

that is so not true. you can see good looking japanese girls with some male genetic malfunctions (cash is power)

Anyway, personality is what you will be left with when looks are gone. For me thats a huge factor. However, first is looks. If my head doesnt turn and i can't see myself in bed with the girl, i am not interested. On the other hand, if she looks stunning yet is boring as a oil paint can's lid, i am running away. So, for me, it has to be the full package. Some could say it is difficult to find. True, but if you know what you want, you are half way there.

LilyZ 04-19-2011 01:24 PM

Both are important.

TalnSG 04-19-2011 03:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by myk (Post 862024)
you can't honestly say that people mainly care about personality.

Actually yes, I can say that about many people. Not everyone - as you definitely are not among them.

Quote:

however, people do tend to be realistic about who they can get. for example, a dude who's a 5 is going to try and get a girl who's a 5 too. maybe a 6. those kinds of people DO tend to have better personality traits. they definitely aren't stuck up like hot people are, and they're usually more empathetic and kind.
Believe that if you want, but watch out because there are many exceptions to that premise and they can be rather unsettling. And this does not take into account that one's looks change over time - sometimes drastically. Some people look better with age, others do not; so basing preferences on the looks of someone in the 20's is really a crap shoot.

Quote:

i think it's misleading to tell everyone in this thread that a great personality is all it really takes.
No one said it was all it takes, but I think we were rather clear that it is first, foremost and overrides all other considerations.