(#11 (permalink))
Old
MMM (Offline)
JF Ossan

09-07-2010, 07:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nekojita View Post
Nope, I only know what I'm talking about
I lived in Japan for a while, with a lot of other foreigners and japanese people in a guesthouse. Believe me when I say it happens as often as quadruplets.
The only foreign girl (and there were plenty of pretty beautiful girls in that house) with a japanese bf was a rather small, anorexic swedish girl (plus she was very blonde and only nineteen years old).
Sorry, but thats what it usually is like.
I've known several Japanese men/Western woman couples and even married couples. My former boss was a rather short Japanese man with an American wife who was a little taller than him.

Is it possible Japanese men don't want to date foriegn women who stay in Guest Houses? That's almost like dating a woman who stays in a hotel or weekly mansion. Not a very permanent feel to it.
(#12 (permalink))
Old
iPhantom (Offline)
is a pretty cool guy

Send a message via AIM to iPhantom Send a message via MSN to iPhantom Send a message via Skype™ to iPhantom
09-07-2010, 08:52 PM

The majority of guys, even here, in Europe, want a shorter girl. If it's equally the same as you or taller, it's a turn off.

I suppose Japanese guys don't differ that much, unless you're a hot tall chick with a body that stands out in a crowd.

Quote:
Since when is it immature to talk about pudding? Seriously, do you know the meaning of mature?
(#13 (permalink))
Old
chiuchimu (Offline)
JF Old Timer

09-08-2010, 01:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMM View Post
I've known several Japanese men/Western woman couples and even married couples. My former boss was a rather short Japanese man with an American wife who was a little taller than him.

Is it possible Japanese men don't want to date foriegn women who stay in Guest Houses? That's almost like dating a woman who stays in a hotel or weekly mansion. Not a very permanent feel to it.
Good, I was about to say that too.

Last edited by MMM : 09-08-2010 at 06:59 PM. Reason: fixed quote tags
(#14 (permalink))
Old
ARoomwithaMOOSE (Offline)
Communicating Effectively

09-08-2010, 01:03 PM

I have a couple of friends in Japan that I e-mail with and from what I hear they like tall girls/women. So my advice is if you want a Japanese boyfriend/girlfriend go for it.

And while we are on the subject of height;
Please stop talking for tall people><
I am 6 foot three and I totally love shorter guys
My cut off point for a guys height (that I would date) is around 5 foot seven.

I know a lot of tall ladies who like short guys and short guys who like tall women as well..... so please stop lumping all of us tall gals in with guys who have an issue with height.
Besides most tall guys (from the US) have their heads so far up their a** that it's just plain scary.A lot of guys (and yes there are some women too) just need to get over the whole "my chick needs to be shorter then me" attitude. )

There I feel a little better now.
I guess that part of my point is that it people get all hung up on height and it shouldn't matter.

Give tall people a chance
Peace Out

Peace is Knowing

"No One would ride in a car with out breaks"
Gackt.C

FEAR IS THE ROOT OF ALL EVIL!

Insanity in individuals is something rare - but in groups, parties, nations, and epochs, it is the rule.
Friedrich Nietzsche
(#15 (permalink))
Old
Kayci (Offline)
The odd Gaijin :3

Send a message via MSN to Kayci
09-08-2010, 06:13 PM

Well, I dated three japanese guys.
Two were semi-tall, one was just two inches taller than me.
And I'm shoorrttt.

I am dating a Korean boy who is 1/8 Japanese, and he's the tallest I've been with. ^^

So...maybe height isn't an issue for some.

Coffee prevents me from killing you.
(#16 (permalink))
Old
GreyGhost (Offline)
JF Regular

Location: My body may be in Florida, But my heart and soul are in Japan
09-13-2010, 11:30 PM

Thank you all for your encouragements! Though I haven't found a Japanese boy yet (due to the fact there seems to be none in my town or the towns around me TT.TT) I feel that if I do meet one I will have enough courage to at least say hi, arigato ^.^

alice nine
(#17 (permalink))
Old
GreyGhost (Offline)
JF Regular

Location: My body may be in Florida, But my heart and soul are in Japan
Smile 09-23-2010, 03:34 AM

Great News!!!

I have met a 20 year old Japanese guy on a website called Japancupid.com, though he lives in Colorado, and I in Florida we really hit it off and talk almost everyday for hours on end, as well as with webcams, He's very sweet, and caring towards me; he also says he doesn't find Japanese women attractive at all and finds American women to be very beautiful (or at least just me because he calls me beautiful and kawaii every time he sees me ) he's 5'6" and though I'm 5'6" 1/3 my profile on there says I'm 5'7" (figured I'd put it up seeing how I'm almost there lol) and he does not mind at all , so I guess in the end it does just depend on the guy, so to all the girls out there who want a Japanese guy but feel they will not be found attractive or believe they are too tall (like I once did), do not give up hope, all Japanese men do not want the same thing, you just have to find the right one

alice nine