LinkBack Thread Tools
(#11 (permalink))
Old
dogsbody70 (Offline)
Busier Than Shinjuku Station

11-01-2010, 11:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissMisa View Post
I disagree that in England, going out with someone means you are automatically sleeping with them... maybe it depends what kind of crowd you hang out with... lol.
edited because I did not mean my message for Misa Misa. again my apologies.

Last edited by dogsbody70 : 11-02-2010 at 04:44 PM.
(#12 (permalink))
Old
MMM (Offline)
JF Ossan

11-01-2010, 11:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogsbody70 View Post
sleeping around? with AIDS and other ST's. sounds like just using a woman for sex not real love or even respect.

How many babies might you sire? How careful are you with protection. what woman is happy sleeping with a fella who sleeps around?

Yea, I'm old fashioned but my idea of a real relationship is loyalty and Love.

who wants someone who just sleeps with anyone?
I don't understand why you are reacting to Miss Misa's post this way. She is saying saying dating DOESN'T automatically mean a couple are sleeping together.

And can a woman not use a man for sex, too?
(#13 (permalink))
Old
cranks (Offline)
JF Old Timer

11-01-2010, 11:59 PM

Now we have a British teenager, Japanese middle age man, and a British woman in her 70's, talking about Japanese views on dating (sorry other people I don't know or forgot where you are from). Who thought this would happen 10 years ago? Internet is great. I really mean it.

I think it's STD's, dogsbody70
(#14 (permalink))
Old
Ryzorian (Offline)

11-02-2010, 01:37 AM

The US is so massive that it's really regional, when it comes to some of that sort of thing. I'm from the Midwest, wich is more "Folksy" than the urban areas or the coasts, though not as "conservative" as the Deep South. Course I'm ex army, so that may have altered how I view things a tad.
(#15 (permalink))
Old
GoNative (Offline)

11-02-2010, 01:40 AM

I was married before coming to Japan so I have no direct experience of dating Japanese girls myself but I have plenty of single friends. One of the things I found a bit different here is that it seems to be considered boyfriend and girlfriend one has to ask "will you be my boyfriend/girlfriend?". Until this question has been asked and accepted it's not really considered they are together and it would be acceptable for them to see other partners. They may well be having sex but without actually asking the question it's not really considered a close, monogamous relationship.
In Australia we really wouldn't actually ask that question anymore. It would generally be considered a little juvenile, school yard sort of thing. If you're dating and sleeping with someone it's just a given that you are together without explicity having to ask such a question.
(#16 (permalink))
Old
cranks (Offline)
JF Old Timer

11-02-2010, 01:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoNative View Post
One of the things I found a bit different here is that it seems to be considered boyfriend and girlfriend one has to ask "will you be my boyfriend/girlfriend?"
Haha, I've got this from my girl friends before.
It means they are asking if you are OK if she announce that she and you are going out and should be considered as a couple in a social setting.

Last edited by cranks : 11-02-2010 at 01:54 AM.
(#17 (permalink))
Old
jerichos (Offline)
New to JF

11-02-2010, 09:19 AM

whoah, nice briefing
(#18 (permalink))
Old
jerichos (Offline)
New to JF

11-02-2010, 09:21 AM

Quote:
sleeping around? with AIDS and other ST's. sounds like just using a woman for sex not real love or even respect.

How many babies might you sire? How careful are you with protection. what woman is happy sleeping with a fella who sleeps around?

I personally admire your principles.
(#19 (permalink))
Old
MissMisa (Offline)
Fashion, Games + Art Mod.

11-02-2010, 03:24 PM

Quote:

Eh? I didn't even say anything... I said the exact opposite.

I said, just because someone is dating, doesn't mean they are having sex. Didn't say anything about sleeping around or anything, don't know where you got that from.
(#20 (permalink))
Old
dogsbody70 (Offline)

11-02-2010, 04:24 PM

sorry about that-- my mistake I should have taken a quote from the person I was responding to. Please forgive me. it definitely wasn't YOu.

sorrrrrrrrrrrrrreeeeeeeeeeeee I am just useless at taking separate quotes