LinkBack Thread Tools
(#21 (permalink))
Old
dogsbody70 (Offline)
Busier Than Shinjuku Station

11-02-2010, 04:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissMisa View Post
Eh? I didn't even say anything... I said the exact opposite.

I said, just because someone is dating, doesn't mean they are having sex. Didn't say anything about s

sleeping around or anything, don't know where you got that from.
No Misa it wasn't you. I am old fashioned--- Not keen on promiscuity at all.

Maybe its because I was brought up in the dark ages-- no sex before marriage etc.

I believe in respect for each other-- I do worry about the STI's also.

For me Sex was something reserved for the person I truly loved---sleeping around is simply SEX-------------

but when unwanted babies are born-- ?

we have too many babies born to teenage girls here in UK--many of them schoolgirls- yet surely this generation is very aware of sex and what it means.

so at least I hope people who indulge do at least use safe sex, for everybody's sake.
(#22 (permalink))
Old
BakaTensei (Offline)
JF Old Timer

Send a message via MSN to BakaTensei
11-02-2010, 04:33 PM

I think relationships based soley on sex don't ever make it in the long run. When all the looks go out the window and the sexual urges start to get less and less as you get older, if you don't have a good base for the relationship you'll just start hating each other...off course this is if a relationship based soley on sex somehow becomes something more for example if a baby is thrown into the mix alot of people feel obligated to getting married and so on.

I personally prefare relationships that are took slower. I think that familiarity and honesty breed intimacy thus making the whole "sex" thing come second and the reason it is important is that you are being in a vulnerable state with the one person who trust enough to be vulnerable with.

That being said though when alcohol, exictment and hormones are mixed up into a nice cocktail it can effect even the strongest of willed people when they are in a particular state of mind.
(#23 (permalink))
Old
dogsbody70 (Offline)

11-02-2010, 04:41 PM

forgive me for getting mixed up-- Please blame it on a SENIOR MOMENT. I get too many of those.

I suppose when we were religious and daren't have sex --

If in Japan there was no religious reasons not to have sex?

Really before the PILL-- which revolutionised sexual activity-- many women would get pregnant. before that apart from using the sheath-- women were scared simply because of risking pregnancy.-- and Cranks you are right re STD'S LOL.

There has always been nasty ones of those-- still are but AIDS had a big impact surely.

I do believe that every child that is born should be Planned-- which is easier with modern contraception--- But how many are actually Planned? I certainly wasn't. My mother got rid of me as soon as she could. Left me to a life in the so called "Care system."

Last edited by dogsbody70 : 11-02-2010 at 04:51 PM.
(#24 (permalink))
Old
dogsbody70 (Offline)

11-02-2010, 04:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BakaTensei View Post
I think relationships based soley on sex don't ever make it in the long run. When all the looks go out the window and the sexual urges start to get less and less as you get older, if you don't have a good base for the relationship you'll just start hating each other...off course this is if a relationship based soley on sex somehow becomes something more for example if a baby is thrown into the mix alot of people feel obligated to getting married and so on.

I personally prefare relationships that are took slower. I think that familiarity and honesty breed intimacy thus making the whole "sex" thing come second and the reason it is important is that you are being in a vulnerable state with the one person who trust enough to be vulnerable with.

That being said though when alcohol, exictment and hormones are mixed up into a nice cocktail it can effect even the strongest of willed people when they are in a particular state of mind.
You are absolutely right.
(#25 (permalink))
Old
dogsbody70 (Offline)

11-02-2010, 04:46 PM

MMM

of course you are right-- as always LOL---- women of course Do Use Men. LOL

Last edited by dogsbody70 : 11-02-2010 at 04:58 PM.
(#26 (permalink))
Old
MMM (Offline)
JF Ossan

11-02-2010, 05:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BakaTensei View Post
I think relationships based soley on sex don't ever make it in the long run.
Relationships based solely on sex rarely make it in the short run, much less the long run. That's why they are usually called "a fling".

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogsbody70 View Post
If in Japan there was no religious reasons not to have sex?
Thank you for bringing things back on topic. You are right, in Japan there are no religious reasons to not have premarital sex. I have never had a Japanese mother, so I don't know if they tell their sons and daughters to save themselves for marriage, but I have never heard that expression in Japan.
(#27 (permalink))
Old
BakaTensei (Offline)
JF Old Timer

11-02-2010, 05:43 PM

I have always wondered how you would go about asking someone out in japan, for example in Northern Ireland its usually through school, a friend or drinking. We NEVER walk up to someone on the street and ask for their number but I've heard that in America they would do that. Whats the "usual" way of developing a relationship with someone when your in the country
(#28 (permalink))
Old
dogsbody70 (Offline)

11-02-2010, 05:48 PM

what about dancing. Many partners are met at dances of some kind
(#29 (permalink))
Old
evanny (Offline)
devil's advocate

11-02-2010, 05:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMM View Post
There certainly are teenage pregnancies. I seem to remember some very popular boy band members who have mothers only 15 or 16 years older than them.
in my class one girl has a mother who gave birth when she was 16. didn't seem like a big deal to anyone.
most of my generation here has mothers who gave birth at 20, max 23. they lived in a time when simply "living" together for people who were dating wasn't acceptable in society so people had to get married. my mother was 22 i think when she married my dad. now for me it seems so early since im 19 and in now way im planing something like that until at least 25 - 30.
(#30 (permalink))
Old
BakaTensei (Offline)
JF Old Timer

11-02-2010, 05:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogsbody70 View Post
what about dancing. Many partners are met at dances of some kind
Very true, although whenever I'm dancing or anyone else is dancing around me they are either A: Friends or Family B: Drunk