JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#191 (permalink))
Old
philostyle (Offline)
JF Regular

04-12-2011, 01:42 AM

In a guy, I look at the whole face, mostly smile or eyes. and then if they can converse and make me laugh. but I always wait until he likes me first or expresses that he does. I never make the first move or confession..
(#192 (permalink))
Old
tenmins (Offline)
JF Regular

04-12-2011, 03:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by philostyle View Post
I think most of the time stuff like boy and girl being best friends is just a front. one of them likes the other.
I agree. Seen it so many times. In my experience it has usually been the guy who has the crush and the girl who has the maturity.

Less is more...

http://www.tenmins.com
(#193 (permalink))
Old
protheus (Offline)
Arthur et Les Minimoys

Send a message via Yahoo to protheus
04-12-2011, 06:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by philostyle View Post
I think most of the time stuff like boy and girl being best friends is just a front. one of them likes the other.
Well, logically, you can withstand seeing every day someone you don't like?
But still, from like to love there is a little step, and not everyone makes that step, so maybe it's a front for some, but not for all.

Reverse psychology, "dear Watson", reverse psychology.
"Manganese? Is that manga language?" - lol?

Last edited by protheus : 04-12-2011 at 06:55 AM.
(#194 (permalink))
Old
RobinMask (Offline)
JF Old Timer

04-12-2011, 02:07 PM

Post Deleted.

Last edited by RobinMask : 01-07-2018 at 12:28 PM.
(#195 (permalink))
Old
TalnSG (Offline)
Busier Than Shinjuku Station

Send a message via ICQ to TalnSG
04-12-2011, 02:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobinMask View Post
I have to disagree with this. I think it's entirely possible for a platonic love to exist between two people without it turning romantic. Sure, sometimes a guy/girl might have a feeling for their opposite-sex best friend, but in my experience people who have those feelings don't settle for friendship because they want more, they'll confess and either get together, stay friends or break up the friendship.

Personally around a quarter of my friends are of the opposite sex, and I have no feelings for any of them, and I can guarantee not one of them has feelings for me either. It annoys me when people see friendships between men and women as just a 'front', or a prelude to something more, it kind of trivialises the meaning of the entire friendship (for want of a better word).

Completely agree with you. Having been "one of the guys" ever since I can remember I tend to become good friends with men where there is nothing more than that in involved. And that tendency of women to suspect otherwise is why I have only a very few chosen female friends - they know better than to build their own definitions of other people's relationships.

Only an open mind and open heart can be filled with life.
Find your voice; silence will not protect you.
(#196 (permalink))
Old
tenmins (Offline)
JF Regular

04-15-2011, 12:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobinMask View Post
I have to disagree with this. I think it's entirely possible for a platonic love to exist between two people without it turning romantic. Sure, sometimes a guy/girl might have a feeling for their opposite-sex best friend, but in my experience people who have those feelings don't settle for friendship because they want more, they'll confess and either get together, stay friends or break up the friendship.
The point wasn't about friends it was about 'best friends'. To me this means, if you are single, you are spending more time with this person than anybody else. I totally agree that friends of the opposite sex can exist with no troubles whatsoever. I have many myself.

Less is more...

http://www.tenmins.com
(#197 (permalink))
Old
philostyle (Offline)
JF Regular

04-15-2011, 12:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tenmins View Post
The point wasn't about friends it was about 'best friends'. To me this means, if you are single, you are spending more time with this person than anybody else. I totally agree that friends of the opposite sex can exist with no troubles whatsoever. I have many myself.
yes. this is what I meant. I have a lot of guy friends. although I did say only "most" of the time not 100% of the time. one time in high school, i became "best friends" with the best friend of my boyfriend at that time and we were really just friends. it was my boyfriend that brought us together though. lol.
(#198 (permalink))
Old
rio09 (Offline)
JF Regular

04-21-2011, 11:58 AM

I don't know why, but having girls for friends wont do any good for me right now.

Cause they look at my looks(attractive or not), making me nervous as hell, and sometime they smile...

maybe because i'm single and worried if girls make move on me(fall for me, because i choose her *type* )

I used to have girlsfriends( ye just friend), since i had realationship.
It was easy to talk to them, cause i only have *my girl* on my mind.

But now i'm single and vulnerable to attractive girls...haha :P

OK girls i have important question for all of you...

ok i find this girl really attractive
she is shy,polite,logically person, and not straightforward.

She is someone who will apologized for something small. She want someone who caring,honest and wanting slow relationship( cheek kiss is like sex for her)

So HOW DO I CONVINCE HER ?..THAT I AM THE ONE SHE LOOKING FOR??

Anyhow i know seriously i can take care of her, if i meeting her i can convince her and doesn't have to ask anyone for advices.

BUT we never meet though, because it's online dating ...so give me some advice what i should write..!!..

i already wrote 4421 words about ME and about *if she my gf* stuff ..without promising..

she is busy with her life...but when she check it ..i want to impress her ...

(#199 (permalink))
Old
MissMisa (Offline)
Fashion, Games + Art Mod.

04-21-2011, 01:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TalnSG View Post
Completely agree with you. Having been "one of the guys" ever since I can remember I tend to become good friends with men where there is nothing more than that in involved. And that tendency of women to suspect otherwise is why I have only a very few chosen female friends - they know better than to build their own definitions of other people's relationships.
Agreed, 90% of my close friends are male, obviously I'm not romantically involved with any/all of them. Having a lot of male friends in turn puts females off you so it's just a catch 22, really.
(#200 (permalink))
Old
TalnSG (Offline)
Busier Than Shinjuku Station

Send a message via ICQ to TalnSG
04-21-2011, 02:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tenmins View Post

It still applies for me. My 2 best friends are male. They understand me better than anyone and we can (and do) talk about everything.

The time spent with one of them does have an unexpected down side though. When we are in public together, we get along so well and even resemble each other so much that strangers think we are either a couple or related.

Sometimes that isn't a good for a wingman but he makes it work anyway.

Only an open mind and open heart can be filled with life.
Find your voice; silence will not protect you.