(#51 (permalink))
Old
Ronin4hire (Offline)
Busier Than Shinjuku Station

04-08-2011, 07:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryuurui View Post
Apology accepted.

"Beats any J-girl anytime of the day" - stands for "Japanese girls are not my type and never will. I simply prefer southern nations, for many reasons". It has nothing to do with being ignorant, but simply knowing what I like. Also, I do not wrap what i say in cotton to cushion the blow, i just say what i think. Do not care if you don't like it, either.

And where did I say that I am an expert. I was merely pointing out how wrong you are, and that in fact I have a little to do with Japanese culture, most likely more than you ever will have. So get your facts straight before you judge someone, boy.

And it is not a calligraphy class, but a research group devoted to studying not only calligraphy but also classic literature of both Japan and China. I do not study it once a week, but few hours a day. So it is more of a profession than a Sunday hobby. Aaite?

And i am not just another gaijin in the same vein, but another gaijin who is living here long enough to notice the same patterns as other gaijins who are here long enough. Gee, man, you probably came over here for 2 years of college and think you know it all, yes?
lol... Way to miss the point.

It's not a matter of me not liking it because it sounds harsh. It's more a matter of you just being plain wrong.

I like it how you've tried to talk yourself up but haven't addressed the point I made about Japanese society being too diverse to label as effeminate.

Yup... you're just another stupid gaijin who thinks he knows it all.

I don't think I know it all.. but I'm not the one making absurd judgements on a whole society of people so whether I know it all or not isn't really the point.

I mean you further prove your ignorance by saying "Japanese girls are not my type and never will. I simply prefer southern nations, for many reasons" as though every single Japanese WOMAN (there is a saying.. only pedophiles date girls lol) is the same.
(#52 (permalink))
Old
ryuurui (Offline)
Japanese calligrapher

04-08-2011, 07:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronin4hire View Post
lol... Way to miss the point.

It's not a matter of me not liking it because it sounds harsh. It's more a matter of you just being plain wrong.

I like it how you've tried to talk yourself up but haven't addressed the point I made about Japanese society being too diverse to label as effeminate.

Yup... you're just another stupid gaijin who thinks he knows it all.

I don't think I know it all.. but I'm not the one making absurd judgements on a whole society of people so whether I know it all or not isn't really the point.

I mean you further prove your ignorance by saying "Japanese girls are not my type and never will. I simply prefer southern nations, for many reasons" as though every single Japanese WOMAN (there is a saying.. only pedophiles date girls lol) is the same.
Do i need to buy you a magnifying glass for you to understand that it was a generalisation, not a statement defining entire nation? I mean even mentally challanged bar of soap would gather that much by now.

But when i see 5 out of ten guys on a train playing with their hair in the reflection of the JR train window glass, or some other folks running around with woman's handbags, i detect a dangerous pattern.

Look man, is it a crime not to be attracted to Japanese girls? They don't appeal to me, wtf lol. There are for sure cool chicks out there, with lots of character and decent hips module built in, etc, but i simply don't dig the majority. What am i supposed to do, sue my hormones for not responding to it? I am picky.

Let me ask you this. I do not like sports cars either, don't lke football, and do not drink, don't go out with "the guys" for a booze up and do not gamble, don't smoke either - does it make me gay?

And thanks for calling me stupid.
(#53 (permalink))
Old
BobbyCooper (Offline)
Banned

04-08-2011, 08:31 PM

Quote:
I think what James meant is thast they really look like qeer boys. They really do. I mean, would you like some pictures from the net or something? Also, you should see them fixing their hair in an extremely gay fashion on trains, bus stops, sliding door glass, etc, or carrying woman's bags. Lot's of examples. So yes, they are f. weird, mate.

Another thing is that girls are attracted to skinny boys with narrower shoulder span than their arses. I know that they have little choice, but it makes me wonder is it girls pushing this trend or is it guys that have started it. Go to any gym, and you will see 55kg chicken-men tormenting eclipticvals like their lives fdepended on it, trying to lose weight. It's disturbing.

Also, let me add that I found that JApanese guys have SERIOUS low self-esteem issues. I would love to say it is due to the penis size thingie, but I bet it's related to the "I cannot show my emotions, I need to keep them locked deep inside till I cant take in anymore, and then I can proudly toss myself on the railway and die" social problem. For me many Japanese seem to have some sort of social phobia, but again I am speaking about Tokyo-auto-bots.
They aren't weird, they are just different! Just because you might "think" that they are f. weird, only cause they do not fit in your Western typical maskulin MAN.. doesn't make the Japanese weird. You have a simple little norm in your head wich tells you, that the people who don't behave like Western man and don't weigh as much as Western man (what an ignorant thing to say, considering we are talking about an Asian Island btw.) have to be weird..

Nope, they are just different because they happen to be born on an Island, far away from any other Western standards and civilisation..

May I ask you? What are you doing in a country which doesn't fit your philosophy?

Last edited by BobbyCooper : 04-08-2011 at 08:33 PM.
(#54 (permalink))
Old
ryuurui (Offline)
Japanese calligrapher

04-08-2011, 08:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobbyCooper View Post
They aren't weird, they are just different! Just because you might "think" that they are f. weird, only cause they do not fit in your Western typical maskulin MAN.. doesn't make the Japanese weird. You have a simple little norm in your head wich tells you, that the people who don't behave like Western man and don't weigh as much as Western man (what an ignorant thing to say, considering we are talking about an Asian Island btw.) have to be weird..

Nope, they are just different because they happen to be born on an Island, far away from any other Western standards.

May I ask you? What are you doing in a country which doesn't fit your philosophy?
Who said it dooesnt fit my philosophy, and who said that men who arn't tall or bulky are not maculine?

Also, what do you know about my "norm"? I was born in Europe, but majority of my family are from the eastern part of the world, including Georgians and Tatars. My grandma was born in Northern China, though she was not Chinese, my granfather spent years in Vienam and Burma. I was fascinated with Asian culture long before you learned how to say "dada". My family is as European as Japanese are Norwegian.

Isolation is one thing, and not being adaptive is another. If you spent some tme here interacting with the Japanese people like i have, you would notice that many of them have issues with adaptation to new things, trends, that are not comonly accepted by the whole "island". There are many soide effects of it, both social and economical. But that is a never ending discussion, which i have no intention to be dragged into, as simply i cbf to talk about it any more.

It is amazing how isolation subject is being brought up every time Japan is being mentioned, and it is used as a deflecting shiled to any criticism. Well, we live in the era of instant info exchange and the isolation times are over. Time to catch up with the rest of the world. And do not even try to rebuttal this with "it's good to be different, and you do not accept it because you are a Western man, with Western-ideas-for-life infested mind".

I am in Japan because i really enjoy many aspects of the culture. I also think that the country itself fits my personality quite well. Contradictory to what i have said earlier on? I do not think so. Perhaps there is more to me than you superficially can see. As to the modern Japan, well, it is a bit irritating, but I try not to interact with it much. I pick thing worth nibbling on. Besides, there is no country or nation that would not annoy me or anyne else here. People are too socially correct to speak up.
(#55 (permalink))
Old
RickOShay (Offline)
JF Old Timer

04-08-2011, 10:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobbyCooper View Post

Nope, they are just different because they happen to be born on an Island, far away from any other Western standards and civilisation..

Dude calm the F down. So what if he is talking from his perspective? It is just his opinion. Weird, beautiful etc.. they are all subjective opinions, and everyone has them, including you. Did you know that there are many things that when Japanese people look at people from different countries, and they think.. that's weird. Does that mean I should jump down their throat about it, if i disagree? Did you ever maybe think there even some Japanese people who might look at a fellow Japanese's fashion sense and think.. hmm weird.. I will guarantee you there are.
(#56 (permalink))
Old
Ronin4hire (Offline)

04-09-2011, 05:39 AM

Quote:
Do i need to buy you a magnifying glass for you to understand that it was a generalisation, not a statement defining entire nation? I mean even mentally challanged bar of soap would gather that much by now.

But when i see 5 out of ten guys on a train playing with their hair in the reflection of the JR train window glass, or some other folks running around with woman's handbags, i detect a dangerous pattern.
lol.. An accurate generalisation is one thing. But now you're just making sh*t up because you've been proven wrong. Dude.. I lived in Japan. "5 out of 10" guys were NOT playing with their hair in the railway station. And even those that did? So? Some people do that in New Zealand too!

Quote:
Look man, is it a crime not to be attracted to Japanese girls? They don't appeal to me, wtf lol. There are for sure cool chicks out there, with lots of character and decent hips module built in, etc, but i simply don't dig the majority. What am i supposed to do, sue my hormones for not responding to it? I am picky.
Now you're backtracking. You said your girlfriend "beats any J-girl" or something to that effect. As though just because they're Japanese... your girlfriend wins by default.

But even the above comment is flawed because you don't even KNOW the majority to able to dismiss them.

Quote:
Let me ask you this. I do not like sports cars either, don't lke football, and do not drink, don't go out with "the guys" for a booze up and do not gamble, don't smoke either - does it make me gay?

And thanks for calling me stupid.
Of course not.. but you're the one trying to say that Japanese men have a "problem". Not me.
(#57 (permalink))
Old
Ronin4hire (Offline)

04-09-2011, 05:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickOShay View Post
Dude calm the F down. So what if he is talking from his perspective? It is just his opinion. Weird, beautiful etc.. they are all subjective opinions, and everyone has them, including you. Did you know that there are many things that when Japanese people look at people from different countries, and they think.. that's weird. Does that mean I should jump down their throat about it, if i disagree? Did you ever maybe think there even some Japanese people who might look at a fellow Japanese's fashion sense and think.. hmm weird.. I will guarantee you there are.
His opinion was more judgemental than observational (compare his opinion to RealJames one which I simply disagreed with but didn't really take issue with)

It's the judgemental part or Ryurui's post that I think he (and I) are taking issue with.

Last edited by Ronin4hire : 04-09-2011 at 05:49 AM.
(#58 (permalink))
Old
ryuurui (Offline)
Japanese calligrapher

04-09-2011, 08:27 AM

Opinion cannot be proven wrong, as it is subjective. I am no backing off from anything, lol, you urgently need to get laid to get some of that steam out.
Anyway I should have known better not to get involved in discussion with ppl like yourself, who make a living out of looking for a hole in a whole. You are a type of a person who would actually ride a subway to count how many metro kids are fixing their hair, than post it in here and wank to your own post. Telling you once again, I ve been here long enough to be entitled to have a view and don't give a monkey toss if you disagree
(#59 (permalink))
Old
RealJames (Offline)
ボケ外人

04-09-2011, 09:16 AM

How on earth could anyone possibly disagree with:

Western men generally think Japanese men are effeminate.

?!? -_-

マンツーマン 英会話 神戸 三宮 リアライズ -James- This is my life and why I know things about Japan.
(#60 (permalink))
Old
RealJames (Offline)
ボケ外人

04-09-2011, 09:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickOShay View Post
Actually a significant portion of men in Japan totally get sickened by the way fashion has been going, and the whole grass-eating-boy (草食系) for the last while.

In fact, 草食系 is such a common phrase in Japan purely as a reflection of how so many in this society are amused by, and find the femininity of men ridiculous.

Ironic is how some guys in Japan who laugh and point at others saying 草食系 to them actually have something similar said towards them by westerners ><

マンツーマン 英会話 神戸 三宮 リアライズ -James- This is my life and why I know things about Japan.
Closed Thread