JapanForum.com  

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#61 (permalink))
Old
ryuurui (Offline)
Japanese calligrapher

04-09-2011, 11:02 AM

lol i have not heard of 草食系 before, but i am so going to start using it in the office, with "chan" at the end to spice things up and add some funky rhythm to it
(#62 (permalink))
Old
RealJames (Offline)
ボケ外人

04-09-2011, 11:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryuurui View Post
lol i have not heard of 草食系 before, but i am so going to start using it in the office, with "chan" at the end to spice things up and add some funky rhythm to it
LOL 草食系ちゃ~ん is golden!! That's a SURE way to piss off a guy and make everyone else laugh hahaha

I usually hear it when listening to complaints, very often from parents wondering what's up with their kids are that way, or why their girl is interested in that kind of guy ><

マンツーマン 英会話 神戸 三宮 リアライズ -James- This is my life and why I know things about Japan.
(#63 (permalink))
Old
Ronin4hire (Offline)
Busier Than Shinjuku Station

04-09-2011, 02:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryuurui View Post
Opinion cannot be proven wrong, as it is subjective. I am no backing off from anything, lol, you urgently need to get laid to get some of that steam out.
Anyway I should have known better not to get involved in discussion with ppl like yourself, who make a living out of looking for a hole in a whole. You are a type of a person who would actually ride a subway to count how many metro kids are fixing their hair, than post it in here and wank to your own post. Telling you once again, I ve been here long enough to be entitled to have a view and don't give a monkey toss if you disagree
lol. Opinion CAN be proven wrong.

What kind of stupid idiot sees a couple of Japanese guys who take care of their hair and then decides that Japanese men are effeminate?
(#64 (permalink))
Old
Ronin4hire (Offline)

04-09-2011, 02:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RealJames View Post
How on earth could anyone possibly disagree with:

Western men generally think Japanese men are effeminate.

?!? -_-
How on Earth could anyone possibly speak for all Western men?

Speak for the hick town in Canada you come from. Don't speak for all of the West.
(#65 (permalink))
Old
RealJames (Offline)
ボケ外人

04-09-2011, 02:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronin4hire View Post
How on Earth could anyone possibly speak for all Western men?

Speak for the hick town in Canada you come from. Don't speak for all of the West.
what the hell part of generally don't you understand?

most, by popular vote, majority, more than not, etc

even if I hadn't put generally in there anyone with the slightest bit of common sense would assume it meant the significant portion and not all,

and it's not like I just started being explicit, I've been so careful with words since the lot of you flame-raped the shit out of me for making a generalization a few months back lol

I also happen to come from every single big city in Canada, which thankfully is a country so multicultural that people can grow up with, be friends with, love and criticize people from all nations respectfully

マンツーマン 英会話 神戸 三宮 リアライズ -James- This is my life and why I know things about Japan.

Last edited by RealJames : 04-09-2011 at 03:07 PM.
(#66 (permalink))
Old
tokusatsufan (Offline)
JF Old Timer

04-09-2011, 03:59 PM

Quote:
LOL 草食系ちゃ~ん is golden!! That's a SURE way to piss off a guy and make everyone else laugh hahaha

I usually hear it when listening to complaints, very often from parents wondering what's up with their kids are that way, or why their girl is interested in that kind of guy ><
Why would you want to encourage them to call people gay? Seriously. WTF?
(#67 (permalink))
Old
kenmei (Offline)
脳ある鷹は爪を隠

Send a message via AIM to kenmei Send a message via MSN to kenmei
04-09-2011, 04:30 PM

Quote:

even if I hadn't put generally in there anyone with the slightest bit of common sense would assume it meant the significant portion and not all,

and it's not like I just started being explicit, I've been so careful with words since the lot of you flame-raped the shit out of me for making a generalization a few months back lol

I also happen to come from every single big city in Canada, which thankfully is a country so multicultural that people can grow up with, be friends with, love and criticize people from all nations respectfully
i'm beginning to think Mr. Devils Advocate over there does it on purpose to get a row out of people. it's getting f-king annoying though, personally. he's about to join bluejeansc*nt on the ignorelist.

ホラ顔上げぇな・・
(#68 (permalink))
Old
kenmei (Offline)
脳ある鷹は爪を隠

Send a message via AIM to kenmei Send a message via MSN to kenmei
04-09-2011, 04:31 PM

btw:

is 草食系 pronounced soushokugei or soushokukei ..guessing the latter

rofl

ホラ顔上げぇな・・
(#69 (permalink))
Old
StonerPenguin (Offline)
loves bein' gross ಥ‿�

04-09-2011, 05:17 PM

It's そうしょくけい 
草食系 - General - Tangorin Japanese Dictionary
Actually, the definition of 草食系 sounds like what every mature woman dreams of...
Quote:
Young men who are not competitive as in tradition male stereotypes, including in the avid pursuit of money and sex, and who may also be kind, co-operative and family-oriented
Guys that make fun of dudes like that must be chauvinistic jealous fatties (Before any dudes get their panties in a bunch -- I'm just poking fun)
(#70 (permalink))
Old
Ronin4hire (Offline)

04-09-2011, 05:36 PM

Quote:

I'm saying you are no where NEAR qualified to say that.

Seriously.

I even say something along similar lines earlier in the thread where I talk of the stereotype that is out there about Asian men being effeminate.

Is that stereotype out there? Of course it is. Is it that the MAJORITY of Western men that think that? Don't have a clue and if my experience is anything to go by with my interactions with other "Western" men (and considering I'm a Westerner myself)... no.

It's not even a matter of whether you're right or I'm right... you just aren't QUALIFIED to make that generalisation.

That's what I'm saying. Yet you're trying to sell your perception of things as the way things are.

And I love how you're "sticking up for Canada".

Hate to break it to you.. but Canada is just "America-lite".

It's kinda like how New Zealand is Australia-lite.

As for the "flame rape" that you received for your racist thread that you created before. You deserved every bit of it.

Last edited by Ronin4hire : 04-09-2011 at 05:48 PM.
Closed Thread