LinkBack Thread Tools
(#31 (permalink))
Old
pathill (Offline)
New to JF

02-19-2009, 11:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by yuujirou View Post
Not really sure if anyone else really finds this as cumbersome or bothersome as I do... but it does rack a little on my nerve each time a beginning user chooses to introduce himself or ask for help by creating their own threads instead of searching for already existing ones.

I propose that this forum set a rule that requires a certain number of posts before a user is allowed to start his or her own thread.
Might make everything a lot easier on mods, discourage unnecessary clutter, and piss off less people >.>''

Anyway, that's just my two cents...
I'll be getting back to flaming all those newbs who are decidedly too lazy to give the forum a proper search before spamming the forums with their needless and redundant threads.
Very nice suggestion. It cuts the entire leg work in half and people will just hit 'quick reply' and say 'hi.'

Btw, am Patty and a newbie to the boards.
(#32 (permalink))
Old
MaryAuksi (Offline)
New to JF

04-20-2009, 07:58 PM

I agree that spamming is annoying, but not being able to start your own threads? What if your favorite J-Rock/Pop/whatever band doesn't have a thread and you want to make them one and you can't because you have 10 posts instead of 30? It would really suck if you couldn't.
And okay, let's say there will be a rule like this. Then the person with 10 posts will spam in others threads, just to get him-/herself to 30 posts. Is that any better?
(#33 (permalink))
Old
KeithDas (Offline)
JF Regular

Well let's see - 04-21-2009, 09:36 AM

I agree with everyone on here in the point that people should look first and i wont deny that i may be guilty of it at times myself. Also i whould like to add that people should have a somewhat open ability to post, if they do not read the rules then they should be told not to if they do not quit then the fault is on them. Most new people such as myself just have an urge to get a word in edge wise so instead of freaking out help support new people.
(#34 (permalink))
Old
snowmanf (Offline)
New to JF

04-22-2009, 10:52 PM

There isnt a simple answer to this.
AS has been said, the moment you set a min post count you get a wole load of idiots posting 'yahoo me too' on every thread they get to jsut to beat the min limit.... so the point would be lost.
Try finding some more mods from ppl you trust and spread the load.
get deleting and maybe make it clearer who are mods.
also a good idea is a link to the rules and faq in the sig of mods

It just occured to me on another board today, this same subject, and a mod was basically telling the guy to rtfr but I had alook and realized, on that forum, it was reasonably hard to find them.
Not so much it was impossible, and I know its no excuse, but you have to realize this is open to the public... you are going to get lazy ppl.
Ceteris paribus, the more ways for them to get quickly to the rules, the more likely, statistically [ ] they will.

One other thought occurs to me. Even if you never read the rules or faq, wouldnt a very small amount of common sense tell you most of the basic ideas anyway? Oh, wait a minute, I'm having unrealistic expectations again, hehe!
(#35 (permalink))
Old
Kadauz (Offline)
заблудший

04-23-2009, 10:33 PM

I am sorry for bad English...

If there is no opportunity of technical intervention for change of a situation - there is accessible - "creation" and "removal"("distance").
Whether I do not know admit(allow) ìî "moving".

Card that " first of all is necessary to create precise and clear structure by that and forums ".
With the help of this structure it is possible to find themes and discussions incorporated by one subjects. It is possible to delete / to move new themes (and posts in other themes) in existing - more easy to work moderators.

Main ïðîáëåììà - there is no precise system of subjects and not clearly how to conduct supervision.

It is necessary to lead(carry out) global cleaning, harvest(cleaning) by that.

And here it is not necessary all to dump on the admins and moders - they for hundred years will not have time(be in time). The participation all of you is required.

И капля пламени упала,
сорвавшись в пропасть высоты...
(#36 (permalink))
Old
Kadauz (Offline)
заблудший

Question - 04-26-2009, 12:31 AM

I am ready to make the offer which probably partially will help to solve a problem.
But I need the answer to two questions.

1) The administration of a forum (administrators and moderators) agree to a changes in structure of a forum (almost without technical intervention)?
2) The constant members of a forum agree to help to administrators and moderators in the decision of a problem?

И капля пламени упала,
сорвавшись в пропасть высоты...
(#37 (permalink))
Old
heartartemishunter (Offline)
There's a flying bunny!XD

Location: I'm not sharing that but i can tell you i love following the moon
04-26-2009, 02:05 AM

well. i know i'm new and i have no right here. but...some of us are used to smaller threads (like me) nd this is alittle over welming and waaaaaaaay different....the most users on my normal thread is 568 members and only 69 of those are active. so this is a little over whelming. sorry *flees*

An Apple a Day won't keep the Shinigami away.- Twiggit
This is Twiggit. The Tree-hugger. Three D stick person.
this is the last day of school for me and my friends