(#103 (permalink))
Old
YukisUke (Offline)
Konichiwa, bitches

Send a message via AIM to YukisUke Send a message via Yahoo to YukisUke
08-08-2010, 11:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobinMask View Post
Sorry to get involved, but I just wondered what it was you were trying to say? I'm very curious and if people have taken it out of proportion then that is unfair, however it's very hard to understand when you haven't reworded or explained your stance.

If we've all mistaken you then it might be helpful if you actually explain what you mean so we can understand, that way we can engage in an intellegent discussion I think insulting MMM doesn't help you at all, it just makes you sound rather immature, unable to put your point across without resorting to insults. So if you could explain without getting personal it'd be appreciated.

I think that above quote is what most people are objecting to. This made it sound - as others have said - that you expect manga to be free, that you have a right for it to be free. If you didn't mean it that way then please correct this. If you don't have money to buy manga then that is a shame, but if everyone had the mentality that they should have it free then the manga-kas would get no profit and there wouldn't be any manga. The authors need money from sales to create manga, and by people like us taking that away it makes it hard to create the products we so love. It's very naive to think otherwise.

Admitedly I used to visit onemanga myself, but I think after this I'll certainly be buying what I read and enjoy from now on, rather than just reading online, because it's only fair in the long run.

Thank you for being understanding, Robin. You know, I like you better than MMM right now. He was supposed to give me a warning before he banned me. Back to the subject, I don't see online manga as a bad thing. Yes it doesn't help out the manga-kas, but it helped the fans stay on track with what's going on. It's not like all the people who read online manga don't care that it's illegal. They know, but money is tight these days. I bet you that if this economic crisis was to go away, manga purchases would increase. But being that that is not the case, online manga reading is on the high.