(#103 (permalink))
Old
YukisUke (Offline)
Konichiwa, bitches

Send a message via AIM to YukisUke Send a message via Yahoo to YukisUke
08-08-2010, 11:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobinMask View Post
Sorry to get involved, but I just wondered what it was you were trying to say? I'm very curious and if people have taken it out of proportion then that is unfair, however it's very hard to understand when you haven't reworded or explained your stance.

If we've all mistaken you then it might be helpful if you actually explain what you mean so we can understand, that way we can engage in an intellegent discussion I think insulting MMM doesn't help you at all, it just makes you sound rather immature, unable to put your point across without resorting to insults. So if you could explain without getting personal it'd be appreciated.

I think that above quote is what most people are objecting to. This made it sound - as others have said - that you expect manga to be free, that you have a right for it to be free. If you didn't mean it that way then please correct this. If you don't have money to buy manga then that is a shame, but if everyone had the mentality that they should have it free then the manga-kas would get no profit and there wouldn't be any manga. The authors need money from sales to create manga, and by people like us taking that away it makes it hard to create the products we so love. It's very naive to think otherwise.

Admitedly I used to visit onemanga myself, but I think after this I'll certainly be buying what I read and enjoy from now on, rather than just reading online, because it's only fair in the long run.

Thank you for being understanding, Robin. You know, I like you better than MMM right now. He was supposed to give me a warning before he banned me. Back to the subject, I don't see online manga as a bad thing. Yes it doesn't help out the manga-kas, but it helped the fans stay on track with what's going on. It's not like all the people who read online manga don't care that it's illegal. They know, but money is tight these days. I bet you that if this economic crisis was to go away, manga purchases would increase. But being that that is not the case, online manga reading is on the high.
(#104 (permalink))
Old
YukisUke (Offline)
Konichiwa, bitches

08-08-2010, 11:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMM View Post
RobinMask, I appreciate what you are trying to do, but you are trying to speak logically to someone with essentially an addict personality.

I took nothing of what you said "out of proportion". Your reaction tells me I was probably right on the money.
You wish you were.
(#105 (permalink))
Old
YukisUke (Offline)
Konichiwa, bitches

08-08-2010, 11:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogsbody70 View Post
yukisuki when you go shopping do you expect to pay for the goods that you buy or do you think they should be free.

what would happen to a shop that just gave everything a way for free-- although the shop owners have to pay for all the stock they have in their shop.

Would you be happy to work hard set up a business such as MANGA with all the costs that entails then give it all away?

Unfortunately the Internet has ruined the music industry because of all the illegal free downloading.

I think you need to stop and think. How would you feel if it was YOU who put all the time and effort and money into a business then watch it be stolen.
Would that make you happy?

I am afraid that many young people take the freebies for granted but if no money goes back into the kitty-- those businesses disappear. How on earth are they expected to survive.

common sense is needed here.

If you can't afford to buy something then you have to save up until you Can.
How can you save any money when there's an economic crisis going on? We all have bills to pay, if you've forgotten.
(#106 (permalink))
Old
willgoestocollege (Offline)
JF Old Timer

08-09-2010, 12:22 AM

And manga industries need money from sales to keep them going.
(#107 (permalink))
Old
Nyororin (Offline)
Mod Extraordinaire

Send a message via MSN to Nyororin Send a message via Yahoo to Nyororin
08-09-2010, 06:39 AM

MMM didn`t give you a warning temp ban - I did.

When the companies publishing manga do not make sales, they cannot pay manga artists. When manga artists do not get paid, they can`t afford to pay THEIR bills, so manga simply isn`t published. Manga artists do NOT make a lot of money. They make less than most normal jobs, and often have to scrape by with other part time jobs. By not paying for the manga you read, you actually raise the chances of that manga you want to keep up with being ended.

If you have bills to pay and cannot afford to buy manga - you simply do not have to read manga. If you are suffering so much through the economic crisis - try looking for ways to save or make money rather than whining about it and stealing stuff.

The levels of piracy and the like actually rise when people have more money. Why? Because more people tend to have access to the net so take advantage of it. Paying the bills has absolutely nothing to do with it. You`re making excuses to try to justify the fact that you`re stealing someone else`s hard work, and making it harder for THEM to pay their bills.

But hey, no one matters but yourself right? As long as YOU don`t have to pay, and as long as you are the "victim" of the economic crisis, everything is alright!

That`s called selfishness where I`m from.

If anyone is trying to find me… Tamyuun on Instagram is probably the easiest.
(#108 (permalink))
Old
siokan (Offline)
JF Old Timer

08-09-2010, 06:58 AM

There are very few comic artists making a profit.
Most of comic artists have a debt.
Most of the people stopping writing comics in the wake of a debt.
There is the person committing suicide in the wake of a debt among them.

If I am a comic artist, only the urge to kill will be heated.

Please permit poor English. orz
Cryptanalysis is necessary for you.
set a goal:English at the same level as Johan Cruyff
(#109 (permalink))
Old
MMM (Offline)
JF Ossan

08-09-2010, 07:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nyororin View Post
MMM didn`t give you a warning temp ban - I did.

When the companies publishing manga do not make sales, they cannot pay manga artists. When manga artists do not get paid, they can`t afford to pay THEIR bills, so manga simply isn`t published. Manga artists do NOT make a lot of money. They make less than most normal jobs, and often have to scrape by with other part time jobs. By not paying for the manga you read, you actually raise the chances of that manga you want to keep up with being ended.

If you have bills to pay and cannot afford to buy manga - you simply do not have to read manga. If you are suffering so much through the economic crisis - try looking for ways to save or make money rather than whining about it and stealing stuff.

The levels of piracy and the like actually rise when people have more money. Why? Because more people tend to have access to the net so take advantage of it. Paying the bills has absolutely nothing to do with it. You`re making excuses to try to justify the fact that you`re stealing someone else`s hard work, and making it harder for THEM to pay their bills.

But hey, no one matters but yourself right? As long as YOU don`t have to pay, and as long as you are the "victim" of the economic crisis, everything is alright!

That`s called selfishness where I`m from.
Thank you.

I hope everyone reading this thread reads and understands this.
(#110 (permalink))
Old
willgoestocollege (Offline)
JF Old Timer

08-09-2010, 07:54 AM

Totally true.