View Single Post
(#19 (permalink))
Old
LycanOtaku (Offline)
JF Regular

Send a message via AIM to LycanOtaku Send a message via MSN to LycanOtaku
12-18-2010, 12:20 AM

I don't consider myself to be an overly materialistic person... This is the outcome of growing up with little to nothing, you come to expect little to nothing... A new computer would be nice, and probably tops my list (will become reality after I get my money from uncle sam after filing taxes this coming year)...

I had a customer not two weeks ago (I work for walmart, to give clarification and all...) that blew my mind. It was this family that came through with 5 carts full to overflowing with toys and board games and a 6th cart that had 5 bikes in it. They spent a thousand dollars at my register and had spent 800 dollars at toysarus already and every bit that they bought was going to kids in foster care. I was blown away by the giving nature of these people and I have decided that once I get a job that pays me well enough that I can, I want to do this also. I think that it would be the type of thing that makes one feel complete, helping those less fortunate that are innocent in their plight. And even if it is not toys that I give... Like if it is food, blankets, and clothes to a homeless shelter or a women's shelter (like for battered and abused women or some such) or food to a soup kitchen or something, it would be ideal. I think that is my goal for Christmases to come... This year I am not so fortunate... But much can change in a years time, and hopefully next year and can do something like this (smaller scale, naturally...)...