JapanForum.com

JapanForum.com (https://www.japanforum.com/forum/)
-   General Discussion (https://www.japanforum.com/forum/general-discussion/)
-   -   Korea (https://www.japanforum.com/forum/general-discussion/25922-korea.html)

nobora 06-18-2009 01:28 AM

Korea

Have you guys noticed whenever TV shows Korea they always show South Korea and never North.Whats wrong?Can we go to North Korea?

komitsuki 06-18-2009 01:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nobora (Post 735311)
Have you guys noticed whenever TV shows Korea they always show South Korea and never North.Whats wrong?Can we go to North Korea?

There are several North Korean mini-dramas in YouTube.

Any people who don't have a South Korean citizenship can visit North Korea.

Does that answer your question?

nobora 06-18-2009 02:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by komitsuki (Post 735312)
There are several North Korean mini-dramas in YouTube.

Any people who don't have a South Korean citizenship can visit North Korea.

Does that answer your question?

But why cant south koreans go there?

komitsuki 06-18-2009 02:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nobora (Post 735318)
But why cant south koreans go there?

You need the South Korean gov't's permission.

Surprising enough, I see there are some Japanese (not the Korean residents) who admire North Korea in the form of "escapism".

ozkai 06-18-2009 05:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JoshAussie (Post 735316)
I suggest you go watch don't tell my mother I'm in north korea on youtube. Id never go to North Korea ever.

Thanks Josh..

I see your point..
YouTube - North Korea Daily Life

RadioKid 06-18-2009 06:20 AM

Not all North Korean children starve.

Here you can see North Korean children of rich families.

Hot Asian Tube Japanese TV Entertainment Shows And Online Videos

Firebird 06-18-2009 06:36 AM

????

are you serious? Why North Korea is not on TV? Why South Koreans cant got there?
North and South are still officially at war, since 50years! North Korea is ruled by dictators, its a millitary state. Ever watched North Korea on Google Earth? Even in the citys there are nearly no people on the street, in the nights there are nearly no lights seen from space,....
You can go to North Korea but only if you are accompinied by goverment agents who will only let you see what they want you to see. No pictures of people, no talking to locals,... Besides paying alot of money to get there, you will be very ristricted. I cant understand how a country like this can still exist in our "modern" world and how people can not know whats going on.

watch this and learn FRONTLINE/WORLD . flashPOINT . North Korea . PBS

people speaking about Chinas restriction for the internet, thats sound like a joke when you get an idea how people in North Korea life.

komitsuki 06-18-2009 06:58 AM

BBC SPORT | Football | Internationals | North Korea qualify for World Cup

Interestingly enough, North Korea is the first Asian country to be qualified for the FIFA World Cup in the quarterfinals in 1966.

jurianbai 06-18-2009 09:22 AM

actually North Korea is much advance in 70s to 80s. but their goverment just went wrong as can be witnessed today.

JayT 06-18-2009 09:32 AM

Yes what's their problem indeed.
I was reading on yahoo how North Korea threatens to send a middle towards Hawaii or Alaska.

Really, what's the problem ?
He's so power hungry,
I'm quite tired of NK already.

komitsuki 06-18-2009 09:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jurianbai (Post 735391)
actually North Korea is much advance in 70s to 80s. but their goverment just went wrong as can be witnessed today.

True, despite the North Korean government overall is currently "very weak".

The good thing is that North Korea is actually trying to maintain status quo with reasonable reformation based on the outcome of the Sino Soviet Split decades ago.

We don't want to see the North Korean government collapsing within because South Korea can't suddenly handle 5-6 million North Korean refugees.

komitsuki 06-18-2009 09:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JayT (Post 735393)
I was reading on yahoo how North Korea threatens to send a middle towards Hawaii or Alaska.

Not much of the threat when North Korea invades another country, China and Russia will take over North Korea.

This is what the American media doesn't want you to tell. Americans only know 25% of things related to the 2009 North Korean nuclear missile crisis.

Quote:

Really, what's the problem ?

People are panicking about North Korea with very little information.

Where did I see this before? Oh yes, Bush's Iraq and Afghanistan misadventures.

Time to Face Facts on Our North Korea Ignorance - TIME

Quote:

He's so power hungry

That's not a brand new news.

Quote:

I'm quite tired of NK already.

Sorry to say, but don't think about North Korea in the first place.

nobora 06-19-2009 10:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by komitsuki (Post 735321)
You need the South Korean gov't's permission.

Surprising enough, I see there are some Japanese (not the Korean residents) who admire North Korea in the form of "escapism".

Can North Koreans leave the country?

komitsuki 06-20-2009 01:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nobora (Post 735820)
Can North Koreans leave the country?

No unless you are a gov't agent.

nobora 06-20-2009 02:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by komitsuki (Post 735840)

But why??:confused:

Firebird 06-20-2009 10:04 AM

Because they could see how the real world looks and how good people live outside NK i suppose?

komitsuki 06-20-2009 10:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Firebird (Post 735932)
Because they could see how the real world looks and how good people live outside NK i suppose?

It's called self-imposed isolationism. You can't talk reasons with North Korea. It's that simple.

komitsuki 06-20-2009 10:38 AM

North Korean elites wouldn't accept their crimes are evil. I don't see any reasons why we should be angry at North Korea when North Korea stays cold stone all the time.

Hating North Korea is a very prone and useless way to openly admit "I don't care about North Korea".

Save your energy from criticizing North Korea because it's a very pointless action to criticize this controversial country.

ozkai 06-20-2009 10:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by komitsuki (Post 735840)

Don't be so sure..

A lot have them have defected;)

komitsuki 06-20-2009 10:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ozkai (Post 735945)
Don't be so sure..

A lot have them have defected;)

Only approximately 0.0002-3% of North Korean population is well-documented defected.

That's not a lot.

Please think beyond the Western propaganda, ozkai.

solemnclockwork 06-20-2009 11:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by komitsuki (Post 735949)
Only approximately 0.0002-3% of North Korean population is well-documented defected.

That's not a lot.

What? Why do you defend North Kore so much? AND Bash America so much?

komitsuki 06-20-2009 11:08 AM

North Korea, also famous for the famous American defector, Joe Joseph Dresnok.

Ex North Korean movie star and occasional English-language professor in a North Korean university.

And one of his children (surprisingly non-Asian) might represent North Korea in the UN or the North Korean representive office in USA.

Oh, the irony.

komitsuki 06-20-2009 11:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by solemnclockwork (Post 735953)
What? Why do you defend North Kore so much? AND Bash America so much?

I both bash North Korea and USA. You need to start reading my comments very carefully or else you will misunderstand most of my words.

solemnclockwork 06-20-2009 11:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by komitsuki (Post 735955)
I both bash North Korea and USA. You need to start reading my comments very carefully or else you will misunderstand most of my words.

I have and ALL of which you post (ON this forum) here Has been in Blissfully support of North Korea. Hint I ASKED why you defend North Korea then go on to bash the "big bad America". To add to that, why would you say I need to reread you're posts carefully? Better word your sentence then if you supposedly don't want the impression that you support North Korea.

Quote:

Originally Posted by komitsuki (Post 735955)
Interestingly enough, North Korea is the first Asian country to be qualified for the FIFA World Cup in the quarterfinals in 1966.

The good thing is that North Korea is actually trying to maintain status quo with reasonable reformation based on the outcome of the Sino Soviet Split decades ago.

Not much of the threat when North Korea invades another country, China and Russia will take over North Korea.
North Korean elites wouldn't accept their crimes are evil. I don't see any reasons why we should be angry at North Korea when North Korea stays cold stone all the time.

Hating North Korea is a very prone and useless way to openly admit "I don't care about North Korea".

Save your energy from criticizing North Korea because it's a very pointless action to criticize this controversial country.

This is what the American media doesn't want you to tell. Americans only know 25% of things related to the 2009 North Korean nuclear missile crisis.

People are panicking about North Korea with very little information.

Where did I see this before? Oh yes, Bush's Iraq and Afghanistan misadventures.

That's not a lot.

Ok notice the difference in the comments made by you in this thread towards North Korea and "Western/America"?

Let me refresh my question to you. Why would you defend such an atrocious government as the one in North Korea?

komitsuki 06-20-2009 11:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by solemnclockwork (Post 735956)
Why would you defend such an atrocious government as the one in North Korea?

I don't defend it. I only show you the facts about North Korea with my anti-American bias.

I never directly admit that I praise North Korea. Look at my posts.

You guys are so accustom to criticize North Korea that when somebody said something about North Korea besides criticism, you will bash the person and assume that they are support of North Korea, whether they are actually like North Korea or not.

How juvenile of you. Try to be a better person next time.

Oh yes, I also don't like America because I am sick of America meddling with Asia.

solemnclockwork 06-20-2009 12:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by komitsuki (Post 735958)
I don't defend it. I only show you the facts about North Korea with my anti-American bias.

I never directly admit that I praise North Korea. Look at my posts.

You guys are so accustom to criticize North Korea that when somebody said something about North Korea besides criticism, you will bash the person and assume that they are support of North Korea, whether they are actually like North Korea or not.

How juvenile of you. Try to be a better person next time.

Oh yes, I also don't like America because I am sick of America meddling with Asia.

why would you attack me personally? Ad hominem, is all I have to say to that.

No, you are defending North Korea, when ANYONE talks about the Government and the negatives that they do, You always have to jump in and defend it with an passion. Point is it seems you CANNOT stand criticism (rightfully) of the government. Like for the information you provided that someone would defect to North Korea, it does not change what the government has, and continues to do (makes the point hit home with the Irony comment). I also never said you praised North Korea. I said you would benefit wording your sentences better, IF you don't want the impression that you support North Korea. That said, it begs to differ with the wording that you just used (never directly, so indirectly you do?). I also have not bashed you.

Lets look at the current situation. When did it become acceptable to have an rouge nation "bear teeth" even if its only for an succession? when did it become acceptable to treat your population like disposable trash and hoard everything be the leader in the party? When did it become acceptable to brainwash your population?

Get the message? it's not wither they do good when stuff like above still goes on. North Korea rightfully deserves to be condemned. You don't give candy to an child that has been bad do you?

Oh, it's also not about talking about something besides criticism either. It's EVERY TIME something bad is mention by North Korea (it seems) that YOU must balance that out with something "positive".

Really could care less for your apparent anti-Americanism. Oh, it's not like we don't do any good around the world. And it's not like North Korea could be an direct/indirect threat to the us either.

I'm interested as to what meddling your sick of?

komitsuki 06-20-2009 12:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by solemnclockwork (Post 735966)
why would you attack me personally? Ad hominem, is all I have to say to that.

I said Try to be a better person next time.

That's hardly an ad hominem. You do know how to use "ad hominem" right?

Quote:

No, you are defending North Korea
No, I'm stating the facts about North Korea.

Quote:

I said you would benefit wording your sentences better, IF you don't want the impression that you support North Korea.
Yet you still assume that I like North Korea. Word your sentence better please.

Quote:

Lets look at the current situation. When did it become acceptable to have an rouge nation "bear teeth" even if its only for an succession? when did it become acceptable to treat your population like disposable trash and hoard everything be the leader in the party? When did it become acceptable to brainwash your population?
Criticize rhetorically all you want and it will be very pointless. Save your energy.

Quote:

Get the message?
Not really when you didn't understand my words in the first place.

Quote:

You don't give candy to an child that has been bad do you?
If you have any sense of international diplomacy, it's far from analagous to human qualities.

Quote:

Oh, it's also not about talking about something besides criticism either.
Lol, wut?

Quote:

I'm interested as to what meddling your sick of?
Live in South Korea for 10 years and see for yourself. It's hard to say this simply.

komitsuki 06-20-2009 12:19 PM

See, we have a prime example right here who can't stand of hearing a neutral or positive remarks on North Korea.

Why do I tend to passively silence about most of the criticism of North Korea by some members? It's because I don't have any problems with them saying criticisms on North Korea. But if it's too overboard of criticism, it's not a good thing and needs balance.

solemnclockwork 06-20-2009 12:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by komitsuki (Post 735969)
I said Try to be a better person next time.

That's hardly an ad hominem. You do know how to use "ad hominem" right?

No, I'm stating the facts about North Korea.

Yet you still assume that I like North Korea. Word your sentence better please.

Criticize rhetorically all you want and it will be very pointless. Save your energy.
Not really when you didn't understand my words in the first place.

Lol, wut?

Live in South Korea for 10 years and see for yourself. It's hard to say this simply.

How juvenile of you. Try to be a better person next time. Your words.

Ugh, what facts are you stating here, then?

I said you would benefit wording your sentences better, IF you don't want the impression that you support North Korea. My words.

NO, it's not pointless, letting stuff past like that is beyond my character and I DO not turn an blind eye, like it SEEMS you would. And yet you do not deny it, but still would counter it with "positives" and "your wasting your energy to condemn it"?

Get the message? it's not wither they do good when stuff like above still goes on. North Korea rightfully deserves to be condemned. You don't give candy to an child that has been bad do you? Read that second part. I also would give you another chance what exactly is your message?

Ugh, point is you don't praise someone/something when they do misdeeds or evil things, and the analogy STILL stands on the promise of human conscious.

Oh, it's also not about talking about something besides criticism either. It's EVERY TIME something bad is mention by North Korea (it seems) that YOU must balance that out with something "positive" Read that part also.

Wow, so have to live in an place for 10 years to "see" meddling, when YOU could tell me what your sick of? If your not going to put the "facts" down don't make the statement.

solemnclockwork 06-20-2009 12:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by komitsuki (Post 735970)
See, we have a prime example right here who can't stand of hearing a neutral or positive remarks on North Korea.

Why do I tend to passively silence about most of the criticism of North Korea by some members? It's because I don't have any problems with them saying criticisms on North Korea. But if it's too overboard of criticism, it's not a good thing and needs balance.

Did I not just write about it being every time someone has to say something about North Korea?

Your not passive that is the point here. You always seek an way to defend North Korea, which MAKES IT SEEM like your defending it. How does it become bad to condemn an mockery of an government? In that respect how is it a "good" thing to balance out the bad North Korea with an "good" North Korea?

Firebird 06-20-2009 02:06 PM

wow, this thread was so quiet before you 2 guys entered....

I still think its worse than your arguments that there seems to be a large population who knows shit about North Korea and thinks its a normal country where people live freely. That was why i replied to this thread (nothing personal against the starter of this thread).

komitsuki 06-20-2009 08:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by solemnclockwork (Post 735973)
Did I not just write about it being every time someone has to say something about North Korea?

Your not passive that is the point here. You always seek an way to defend North Korea, which MAKES IT SEEM like your defending it. How does it become bad to condemn an mockery of an government? In that respect how is it a "good" thing to balance out the bad North Korea with an "good" North Korea?

You know, keep repeating the same argument at the same time being extremely angry is not going to help the flow of the argument.

You are just angry from what I wrote here and from my PM responses. How about calming down instead?

You were extremely angry at me in the first place. And I don't see any reasons to talk to you seriously if you keep doing like this.

Perhaps I shouldn't take you seriously if you keep doing like this that degrades yourself.

You are the one who is ignoring my arguments at first. I'm not surprised you are still mad at me for no reasons.

nobora 06-20-2009 08:45 PM

Please no fighting in my thread. I just want my questions answered.

Q: Why cant north and South korea become one?

komitsuki 06-20-2009 08:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nobora (Post 736092)
Please no fighting in my thread. I just want my questions answered.

Solemnclockwork is the only angry one here. I'm trying to find out why he is angry in the first place.

Quote:

Q: Why cant north and South korea become one?
1. South Korean economy will tank down significantly, way worse than the BRD (West Germany and today's Germany) that absorbed DDR.

2. North Korean elites don't want to give up their power. Especially when Marxist-Leninism is quasi-perfectly ditched in North Korea for Juche Sasang.

nobora 06-20-2009 08:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by komitsuki (Post 736094)
Solemnclockwork is the only angry one here. I'm trying to find out why he is angry in the first place.

1. South Korean economy will tank down significantly, way worse than the BRD (West Germany and today's Germany) that absorbed DDR.

2. North Korean elites don't want to give up their power. Especially when Marxist-Leninism is quasi-perfectly ditched in North Korea for Juche Sasang.

I'll speak with Solemnclockwork.
Who is in Charge of South Korea? And whos in charge of North Korea?

komitsuki 06-20-2009 08:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nobora (Post 736097)
Who is in Charge of South Korea? And whos in charge of North Korea?

South Korea: currently Pres. Lee Myeong Bak with a very right wing pro-American party. Ironically some sources of Lee Myeong Bak's power has been from Japan's right wing businesspeople, the ones who are close to the LDP in the Japanese Diet.

North Korea: Kim Jong Il but his third son will succeed him slowly. Even the Western media tells that the nuke and missile shenanigans are all from the succession issue. Just a while ago, the third son tries to get rid of the first son's associates, possibly the first son will seek asylum to China soon either with the help with the Beijing or Macanese authorities.

nobora 06-20-2009 09:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by komitsuki (Post 736103)
South Korea: currently Pres. Lee Myeong Bak with a very right wing pro-American party. Ironically some sources of Lee Myeong Bak's power has been from Japan's right wing businesspeople, the ones who are close to the LDP in the Japanese Diet.

North Korea: Kim Jong Il but his third son will succeed him slowly. Even the Western media tells that the nuke and missile shenanigans are all from the succession issue. Just a while ago, the third son tries to get rid of the first son's associates, possibly the first son will seek asylum to China soon either with the help with the Beijing or Macanese authorities.

Does the Americans have any influence on either side?
And who does the Americans side with ?

komitsuki 06-20-2009 09:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nobora (Post 736107)
Does the Americans have any influence on either side?

G. W. Bush tried to make ways to reconcile with North Korea last year and Obama's policy was conflicting with the predecessor president.

People don't know this but there had been a flow of cultural interaction between USA and North Korea. YouTube - NY Philharmonic Plays the North Korean National Anthem

Obama don't know how to deal with North Korea, and this is not a Republican vs. Democrat conflict in the first place.

Quote:

And who does the Americans side with ?
South Korea.

nobora 06-20-2009 09:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by komitsuki (Post 736114)
G. W. Bush tried to make ways to reconcile with North Korea last year and Obama's policy was conflicting with the predecessor president.

People don't know this but there had been a flow of cultural interaction between USA and North Korea. YouTube - NY Philharmonic Plays the North Korean National Anthem

Obama don't know how to deal with North Korea, and this is not a Republican vs. Democrat conflict in the first place.

South Korea.

I see So does china side with North Korea?

komitsuki 06-20-2009 09:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nobora (Post 736117)
I see So does china side with North Korea?

Yes, because China doesn't want to see North Korea collapsing or else it will face swarms of North Korean refugee, hypothetically the worst security breech in modern Chinese history.

No, because the current military policy made by Kim Jong Il is negatively confronting China (and Russia).

It's a Catch-22 situation for China.