JapanForum.com

JapanForum.com (https://www.japanforum.com/forum/)
-   General Discussion (https://www.japanforum.com/forum/general-discussion/)
-   -   Osama Bin Ladin killed. (https://www.japanforum.com/forum/general-discussion/37254-osama-bin-ladin-killed.html)

MMM 05-04-2011 11:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ryzorian (Post 864416)
It's is also a possibility they captured him alive. Thus the "Burial at sea" and "No photos to be released". Not that you will ever see him again if that were the case.

MMM; I want to see his dead corpse, I don't like the Idea that the government can prevent the American people from seeing what we want to see. That's what this whole war on terror was about from the start..GETTING HIM.

There won't be any more "retaliation" than what they would have done anyway, since they allready hate us as Infidals. I think they need to see the end result of picking a fight with the US.

There is no chance that Osama is still alive. Imagine the ramifications if bin Laden were to make another public address now. Not a chance.

You can't see his dead corpse. It is at the bottom of the ocean.

And I don't believe there would be no more retaliation. Think about how Americans reacted when images of soldiers and journalists being beheaded were shown by our enemies. It inspires guttural feelings of bloodlust and revenge in some. And supposedly we are more civilized.

Suki 05-04-2011 11:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MMM (Post 864421)
supposedly we are more civilized.

Quote:

Originally Posted by bELyVIS
If I was Obama I would put his head on a stake in front of the White House.

You're supposing too much.

;)

pumpum 05-05-2011 01:18 AM

My God first the Royal Wedding and now Bin laden getting his wig split

is this the year of non-events? Give us back our news!!!

Ryzorian 05-05-2011 11:46 PM

MMM you missed what I was saying...I ment we could have Captured him alive and are now "talking" to him in an secure and undisclosed location...That's why no photo's and "he was buried at sea within 24 hours".

I think he's dead too..thus I want to see the picture of the dead ass who caused us such a head ache. No, we can't "inflame" wackadoos anymore than they are inflamed. A nuke will explode the same wether droped from 1000 feet or 100 miles because of what it's made of.

OzukakiBurasuki 05-06-2011 03:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ryzorian (Post 864591)
MMM you missed what I was saying...I ment we could have Captured him alive and are now "talking" to him in an secure and undisclosed location...That's why no photo's and "he was buried at sea within 24 hours".

I think he's dead too..thus I want to see the picture of the dead ass who caused us such a head ache. No, we can't "inflame" wackadoos anymore than they are inflamed. A nuke will explode the same wether droped from 1000 feet or 100 miles because of what it's made of.

The the probable reason the government is choosing not to realize photos is that they are exercising "prior restraint", which allows the government to censor and hold release of certain information that is attempted to be made public if the information would cause public panic or danger. So, it would mean that the American government does not wish to show these photos due to a possible negative response from al-Qaeda or the Middle East that might cause harm to American civilians.

JohnBraden 05-06-2011 04:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OzukakiBurasuki (Post 864623)
The the probable reason the government is choosing not to realize photos is that they are exercising "prior restraint", which allows the government to censor and hold release of certain information that is attempted to be made public if the information would cause public panic or danger. So, it would mean that the American government does not wish to show these photos due to a possible negative response from al-Qaeda or the Middle East that might cause harm to American civilians.

Didn't they show Saddam's sons and the executioner of 9/11 all dead? Why didn't they censor those? Surely they would have upset the Arab world to some point....

Ronin4hire 05-06-2011 04:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JohnBraden (Post 864625)
Didn't they show Saddam's sons and the executioner of 9/11 all dead? Why didn't they censor those? Surely they would have upset the Arab world to some point....

Not really.

Fundamentalist Muslims were also opposed to Saddam's regime.

In fact Saddam and Al Qaeda were enemies... but Saddam's regime collapsing allowed Al Qaeda to move into Iraq (as well as Iranian influence).

JohnBraden 05-06-2011 05:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ronin4hire (Post 864626)
Not really.

Fundamentalist Muslims were also opposed to Saddam's regime.

In fact Saddam and Al Qaeda were enemies... but Saddam's regime collapsing allowed Al Qaeda to move into Iraq (as well as Iranian influence).

Perhaps I was mistaken in assuming they'd be upset, but didn't they show the photos of Al Zarqawi and Saddam's sons?

Ronin4hire 05-06-2011 05:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JohnBraden (Post 864627)
Perhaps I was mistaken in assuming they'd be upset, but didn't they show the photos of Al Zarqawi and Saddam's sons?

I don't know to be honest.

Ryzorian 05-06-2011 10:53 PM

They showed Saddams sons because they were known to brutalize the local people and many were afraid that they weren't dead and would come and get them.

I understand the idea that showing Bins corpse might "Inflame" the Middle east. I don't care, those guys want to kill Americans 24/7 allready, this won't change that. We went after this guy, invaded several countries to do so and now I want the proof we got the bastard. It's that simple.

The American people supported this war on terror because of Bin Laden and now they Deny us the satisfaction of seeing the result because it might "further inflame" wacko's? They want revenge, they have said as much allready. Release the photo's so they can see what happens when you pick a fight with the US.