What were the latest ones?
Final Fantasy 3 and 4 for the NDS.
So yeah, a long wait left 'til 7.
(#22 (permalink))
Old
Tyrien (Offline)
I'm e-vincible.

10-08-2008, 08:00 PM

Not sure if it counts as a remake or not but there's 1+2 on PSP. 6 was done on GBA as well. Not sure if anything was done with 5 or not.

Tyrien.DeviantArt~
As of 08/11/2008 5:33 PM Eastern Standard time I now officially own:
Miyavi, Kyo, Yuusuke, Maya, Gou, Aki, Aoi, Jun, Yusa, Jui, Key, Heechul, Yesung, Riku, Kei, Jyou, Satoshi, Takeru, Sin, Teddyloid, ♀Yooh♂, Reo, Tomoya, Tatsuro, Hitsugi, Kyoharu, Takanori Nishikawa, Jay Chou, Hirokai, Die, Kaoru, Shinya, and Toshiya.
(#23 (permalink))
Old
XjapanFOREVER (Offline)
In X we Trust

Send a message via MSN to XjapanFOREVER
10-08-2008, 09:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyrien View Post
Not sure if it counts as a remake or not but there's 1+2 on PSP. 6 was done on GBA as well. Not sure if anything was done with 5 or not.
don't forget Tactics: War of the lions, main reason I got a PSP. then they announced DISSIDIA, so it all kind of worked out.

Microsoft is making computer's just like air conditioners; they work properly until you open WINDOWS.
(#24 (permalink))
Old
Gettersaga (Offline)
New to JF

10-09-2008, 10:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyrien View Post
Even FF 5 has been made (released) for GBA and I wouldn't be much surprised if a remake for DS (DSi?) will be released in the future. Anyway in the second half of this december will be released Final Fantasy Dissidia on Psp and it seems well done (looking at the various promotion videos) but the game system seems really complicated to me. A mix between fighting genre and action RPG, every time I look at it, well I think "It's really beautiful" but immediately I think "How do you control your character in this game? The cameras are too fast" and so on.
(#25 (permalink))
Old
Roroshi (Offline)
New to JF

Send a message via AIM to Roroshi Send a message via MSN to Roroshi
Talking 02-24-2009, 10:31 AM

Well I see a remake like this. They have done 1-6 already so logically the next remake should be 7 or 8 (if they want to be artistic and mix it up). But most likely they will be on the PSP because all the other ones are on portable systems. Eventhough I love LOVE to see both of the games on the PS3.

Why have a signature? Cuz it makes you popular. Why be popular? Cuz your egotistical. I guess I wanna be popular too!
(#26 (permalink))
Old
Ronin4hire (Offline)
Busier Than Shinjuku Station

02-24-2009, 10:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roroshi View Post
Well I see a remake like this. They have done 1-6 already so logically the next remake should be 7 or 8 (if they want to be artistic and mix it up). But most likely they will be on the PSP because all the other ones are on portable systems. Eventhough I love LOVE to see both of the games on the PS3.
I don't see how they could release it on the PSP.

The original FF7 used 3 CD's and FF8 used 4.

Anyway I can understand them remaking them up to 6 to sort of retell those stories using the techniques from 7 onward.

But I don't think 7 (or 8 and 9) should be remade and I doubt they will be as FF7 was the first of the "cinematic" Final Fantasy games.
(#27 (permalink))
Old
Nyororin (Offline)
Mod Extraordinaire

Send a message via MSN to Nyororin Send a message via Yahoo to Nyororin
02-24-2009, 11:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronin4hire View Post

There is a very simple reply to this;
Better video and data compression, combined with the space of a UMD.

The compression rate for video on the PS1 was horrible. Audio, textures, etc - almost as bad. A UMD can hold 1.6GB (Or was if 1.7? I forget, somewhere about that.), so right there you`ve got enough space to hold all of it. And that is without even changing the compression as textures, models, audio, etc are duplicated on every disc. I believe that with 7, there was only 800MB of original game data to begin with. The rest was video and duplicated data.

I don`t imagine 8 is all that different.

It`s completely doable, with little difficulty. Will they? Probably in some form or another, as the seem to want to leech every possible bit of money they can out of 7.

If anyone is trying to find me… Tamyuun on Instagram is probably the easiest.
(#28 (permalink))
Old
iPhantom (Offline)
is a pretty cool guy

Send a message via AIM to iPhantom Send a message via MSN to iPhantom Send a message via Skype™ to iPhantom
02-24-2009, 07:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronin4hire View Post

They could shrink PS3 Blu-Ray games to work on XBox 360 DVD format, let alone that...

Quote:
Since when is it immature to talk about pudding? Seriously, do you know the meaning of mature?
(#29 (permalink))
Old
Yuna7780 (Offline)
I'm Missh Yuna! ♥

02-25-2009, 02:50 AM

Who wants to make a bet on how many 360 disks there will be for FFXIII?

As for FFVII remake. I'm sure within the next 50-10 years they'll make a remake. You just KNOW IT. If it were to happen, I'd cry. I've never really been attached to FFVII, but I recently beat CC on the PSP, and I'm playing/watching everything in order. So, I'm sort of wanting a remake of FFVII because it hurts my eyes after I play for a while. lol

Anybody want to buy some of Square? Check the link:
SQNXF.PK: Summary for SQUARE ENIX CO LTD - Yahoo! Finance

Thanks for reading!
~Yuna7780

Last edited by Yuna7780 : 02-25-2009 at 02:53 AM.