JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#11 (permalink))
Old
godwine (Offline)
自爆十秒前

04-10-2008, 11:17 AM

i may not be looking at the right place then, though I picked up a couple of employment magazine while I was there, IT role are scarce??? or I guess my area of expertise may not be widely needed I guess
(#12 (permalink))
Old
odonata (Offline)
Roboto

04-16-2008, 03:01 PM

Bro, Do the CCNA and even better CCNP. These are cisco courses that are considered beyond University level compidence. They are hard to understand if you are not computer literate(sp) but If you can master the cisco CCNA/CCNP then you can command a top salery anywhere on this planet. I am fortunate to have great IT skills that will fund my pleasure anywhere on this planet.
So far I have taken a break from Aug last year to enjoy places in America and Japan. I have done this on the stupid wages I have been paid for being smart. In some cases I have taken over 2.5k gbp in a week for being good at my job.

Do not get me wrong, I would be happy enough sweeping the roads or picking up rubbish, The fact that I can repair a network with a fault is no greater a job then being of service to my fellow human. It is just that I get paid a Shot load more for repairing a network then I would for picking up your rubbish

Super Roboto Jutsu Powah - Dynamic Servo Death Crush *NeeP*
(#13 (permalink))
Old
sirgonzalo (Offline)
New to JF

04-23-2008, 03:01 PM

Is a bit difficult to find an IT job in japan without have any japanese skills, I´m looking for it for a long time, althoug I had many interviews but I´m not so lucky.

I will try something next and try to work in germany or UK to try later to go to japan.

And in spain and bachelors degree is for a 5 years degree..
(#14 (permalink))
Old
matt19261 (Offline)
JF Old Timer

04-23-2008, 11:16 PM

Do anyof u guys know a good animation school in japan???
(#15 (permalink))
Old
godwine (Offline)
自爆十秒前

04-24-2008, 12:09 PM

try here:

Japanese Animation Schools
(#16 (permalink))
Old
tommasi (Offline)
West Tokyo Native

04-26-2008, 09:18 AM

My friend used to work for this company and if you can speak both English and Japanese well, they might consider you.

:: Welcome to Nozomi :: Capital Markets & Financial IT Solutions Company
(#17 (permalink))
Old
neooath (Offline)
New to JF

04-30-2008, 01:59 AM

IT positions are scarce??
I have been living in Japan for 2 years, and I change 3 times my job, each time in the IT industry.
IT is the most living industry of the country, and also the industry with the most opportunities due to a lack of technical skills.

There are a bunch of job offers on
CareerCross
Robert Walters (senior level)
Skill House
Wall Street Associates
etc.

I don't know how many years the IT needs will last though

http://nipjob.com
All you need to know to find a job in Japan!
(#18 (permalink))
Old
Akakage (Offline)
JF Regular

04-30-2008, 10:31 PM

Right now the IT field is a good alternative to teaching English for having employment in Japan. There are jobs that do not require a high level of Japanese but those are difficult to find. Also if you don't have a degree, you can still be sponsored for a work visa, but you would need 10 years experience in the IT field.
(#19 (permalink))
Old
sirgonzalo (Offline)
New to JF

05-07-2008, 03:29 PM

Well I think 10 years are too much, but at least 3 or 4 you need to work in japan.

The problem I have is that I don´t have any idea of japanese and this is a big handicap to work there I plan to study it but I have not too much time....
(#20 (permalink))
Old
godwine (Offline)
自爆十秒前

05-07-2008, 05:17 PM

I feel your pain. I have enough exposure to the language to perform daily communication, but yet most recruiter I talked to said I need more than what I have from a language perspective. Experieince wise, 12 years in IT with 5 of those years being in a management position

Oh well, my fiancee won't be able to find a job anyways so we kind gave up that dream but to maybe one day retire in Japan instead and open like a small corner store cofee store instead