JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#71 (permalink))
Old
catijoy (Offline)
JF Regular

12-15-2008, 01:57 AM

Thank you.

And if anybody saw what this originally said before I edited it, I'm sorry. I'm really stressed out right now, and I take things too personally. I'm too emotional. I'm really sorry.

Shabon Freedom!

Crazy... Toys in the attic, I am crazy...
Truly gone fishing...
They must have taken my marbles away!

- Pink Floyd ~ The Trial
(#72 (permalink))
Old
Salvanas (Offline)
Great, just my luck.

12-15-2008, 02:01 AM

Quote:
Original post edited due to respect to the poster.
But, he's over the internet. I've had internet relationships aswell, and 90% of the time, they don't work. You're fourteen and he's sixteen, so I'll take it you've never even met.

How do you know that he's even male, for starters? I mean, just because he SAYS he is, and he SAYS he wouldn't ever cheat on you, they're just words. Are they some sort of barrier?

Look, I'm not trying to bring your two year relationship down or anything like that. But you give too much trust into words for a person you've never met in your life.

And I'm not harassing you. I'm not punishing you either. I'm not whipping you like some sort of slave master, I'm asking simple questions.

Now, if my simple questions are bothering you that much, there must be something deep inside who knows that these questions are valid questions. It's your mind speaking, and your heart is getting angry and telling me off.

I saw your edit. But I'll delete your old post in respect. But my post will still count.

- “I've been lucky. I'll be lucky again.” -
(#73 (permalink))
Old
CaptainThunder (Offline)
JF Old Timer

12-15-2008, 02:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salvanas View Post
But, he's over the internet. I've had internet relationships aswell, and 90% of the time, they don't work. You're fourteen and he's sixteen, so I'll take it you've never even met.

How do you know that he's even male, for starters? I mean, just because he SAYS he is, and he SAYS he wouldn't ever cheat on you, they're just words. Are they some sort of barrier?
To be fair, I believe she said that she's met with him once in another post.
(#74 (permalink))
Old
Salvanas (Offline)
Great, just my luck.

12-15-2008, 02:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainThunder View Post
To be fair, I believe she said that she's met with him once in another post.
She did? Fair enough, but that still doesn't cut it, personally.

- “I've been lucky. I'll be lucky again.” -
(#75 (permalink))
Old
catijoy (Offline)
JF Regular

12-15-2008, 02:15 AM

I'm really sorry for my angry post. Thanks for editing it for me.

And I have met him. He's just the same in real life as he is on the Internet. He's wonderful... But I won't go into detail. I may embarrass myself again by getting sappy. XD I know he's not cheating on me, because he loves me too much. We talk constantly; often more than six hours a day daily since we met, so we're pretty close with each other. That's how I know he's not cheating. Over the past two years, we really have built a relationship, and it's working out so far. Maybe things will change in the future; who's to say? But for now, I'm happy where I am.

Shabon Freedom!

Crazy... Toys in the attic, I am crazy...
Truly gone fishing...
They must have taken my marbles away!

- Pink Floyd ~ The Trial
(#76 (permalink))
Old
Ningyou (Offline)
JF Old Timer

Send a message via AIM to Ningyou
12-15-2008, 02:24 AM

I think it depends on the person. I think some people are able to love at a young age and some aren't. It depends on your maturity level, your emotions..so many things.

I'm 18 years old and I know without a doubt that I love my girlfriend. I can just feel it every time I'm around her. I can honestly say that I know what real love feels like. And like so many people, when I was like 13 or 14 or something I was like "Oh, wahhhh!" and I'd think I was in love with whoever I was dating or liked at the time. But when I fell in love with my current girlfriend I realized that I had no clue back then what real love was. I was just lusting, and like so many people, I confused it with love.

But like I said, it's different person to person. Some people can feel that deeply at a young age, and some can't until they're older.
(#77 (permalink))
Old
tocrayzay (Offline)
[put profound title here]

Send a message via Yahoo to tocrayzay
12-15-2008, 02:28 AM

@MMM, ha ha yeah because it was so many posts to catch up i started scanning quicker, which i know when it comes to discussions probably wrong
anyway my bad for misconstruing your statement
*bows down*

murrrrrrrrr
"If Life and Death be things that seem,
If Death be sleep, and Life a dream,
May not the everlasting sleep
The dream of Life eternal keep?"
~Father Tabb
(#78 (permalink))
Old
Ronin4hire (Offline)
Busier Than Shinjuku Station

12-15-2008, 03:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salvanas View Post

A fair point there, I guess.

And you're right about that I can't say its not love, because the person may not feel the same. But then again, it's basically the same as religious miracles, isn't it? The person claims, for example, that they've seen god/jesus/virgin mary, but we don't believe it because we didn't see it.

I think my view on this is mainly obscured by the fact that, although being one, I don't mentally count myself as a teenager and I find that teenagers in whole are stupid annoying little brats.
Terrible argument.

You could say the same thing with regard to other emotions. Anger, Happiness, Sadness.

Love is an emotion plain and simple. It's something you feel like other emotions. While the conditions may be different for everyone (just like other emotions) the symptoms are the same which is why we can agree that love, anger, happiness, sadness exist. That you dismiss another persons emotional state on account of their age is kind of arrogant.

And just like other emotions, our ability to manage them as we mature increases.
(#79 (permalink))
Old
ThirdSight (Offline)
Bane of Stupidity

Send a message via AIM to ThirdSight
12-15-2008, 03:54 AM

Sweet Jesus taters.

I come home from work, eat, and log back in, and already this thread has started to disintegrate from an intelligent, well-thought out, harmless, and proper debate into a flame throwing match with, you guessed it, youngsters who are insecure about their relationships to the point where they feel the need to validate themselves to people whom they've never met, will never meet, and who only know each other through the Internet.

To the young lady with the rather explicit posts,
It's great that you feel so strongly about your "other half". Regardless, long distance, Internet based relationships are hard, not because of the distance, but of the trust involved. It's a much longer two way street than if you saw him in person on a regular basis. Those that say those kinds of relationships don't work is because they've been in one that's failed, or seen one go up in flames. Hopefully yours will work out. We're not here to demonstrate how young kids can "validate" their relationship, we're trying to discuss the validity of emotions felt by those with less maturity and less experience in life in comparison to those that have more, with the third factor of hormones also in play. And, in all honesty, if you are hurt by anything I've typed here, you've made mine and MMM's points for us.

To the 18 year old gentleman,
Once again, you're proving mine and MMM's points quite clearly for us. It's great you feel that way, but have you stopped to think about it? Why? What have you experienced in life, besides a few bum girls back when you were younger, that validates the feelings you have? How mature are you to say that? Furthermore, does it count as love, "just because you feel it"? Since we're talking about people like you, it's be an amazing addition to the discussion at hand if you were to give us something more than just, "a feeling". This is not a personal attack against you, because honestly, I could give two licks about the whole ordeal.

I'm going to bed tonight crying myself to sleep knowing that I can't even have a intelligent discussion and debate, even on the Internet of all places. I leave it up to the rest of you to take all the intelligent posts in this thread wildly out of context.
*sob*

-M@

How in the world do people reach 1,000+ posts?

Skadoosh.
(#80 (permalink))
Old
Ningyou (Offline)
JF Old Timer

Send a message via AIM to Ningyou
12-15-2008, 04:05 AM

I'm not offended whatsoever by what you said. I've been through a lot of things in my life that I won't discuss on a forum like this with a bunch of people I don't know, but the best way for me to describe how I know I'm in love is because my girlfriend is the only one that I want, the only one that I think about, the only one who can make me smile. I click with her better than I've ever clicked with anyone, and she knows me and understands me better than anyone and vise versa. I would die for her. And if that's not enough to know that you love someone than I don't know what is.

But love is a feeling, like a lot of people mentioned. I don't think it matters too much what other people think outside of your feelings because they're not you. Everyone is entitled to their own opinions though and everyone may have a different idea of what love is.