JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#11 (permalink))
Old
lenn01 (Offline)
JF Regular

07-09-2010, 11:26 PM

It doesn't matter what they think or say as long as YOU like it!
(#12 (permalink))
Old
willgoestocollege (Offline)
JF Old Timer

07-09-2010, 11:58 PM

There's nothing wrong with having an interest in anime and manga but I've met people at college who like it at unhealthy obsession (weeaboos).
(#13 (permalink))
Old
nobora (Offline)
Fan Ichigou

07-10-2010, 12:52 AM

I dont have that problem but i do see a difference or a space between me and my family when it comes to common interests. You shouldnt hide what you like. Be proud of it. If they stop talking to you becasue of something you like then they arnt your real friends. Friends accept you for who you are and nothing else.
(#14 (permalink))
Old
PockyMePink (Offline)
=\

Send a message via MSN to PockyMePink
07-10-2010, 02:26 AM

Maybe you should open up to them, they may surprise you. If not, then get new friends.
(#15 (permalink))
Old
edelweiss (Offline)
JF Old Timer

07-10-2010, 03:26 AM

You can't always find one group of friends that share all of your interests. You just need to branch out and have more groups!

Music friends I go to concerts with
Travel friends - people who go to Japan & Europe with me
Foodie friends to go to dinner with
Anime/manga chat friends
Ball Jointed Doll friends
Film freak friends
Close personal friends - for the heavy stuff

Some people overlap into a few groups some don't. But nobody says you can only have one group to hang out with!
(#16 (permalink))
Old
kunitokotachi (Offline)
JF Old Timer

07-10-2010, 05:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by inuyasha1989 View Post
Oww man you'r all right but if I would act like you told me I would be alone
for the end of my life
I really think you should take up more of a leadership role and be proud of liking the things you like and asserting yourself more. If someone says something about your hobbies you just tell them, "I respect the things you like now I'm going to ask you to respect mine."

宣告されてから弁論しても手遅れである。
(#17 (permalink))
Old
inuyasha1989 (Offline)
raijin

Send a message via MSN to inuyasha1989
07-10-2010, 09:09 AM

Man .. really thanks u alot for ur nice advices but it's not so simple as it looks
... it's begining even with the clothing style ; last week or so we had a sport competition and there I wore a cool ( in my aspect cool ) T-shirt where Ken (from Street Fighter not from Barbie ) was making hadou ken ...
what happend ?Everyone laughed me out , since then I think it won't be possible and also since there is nobody who is sharing the same interests like me . I always want to make these cool hair styles as you guys do but I can't ; also I dreamt always having a japanese GF but it seems to be impossible ...
DAMN !!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited by inuyasha1989 : 07-10-2010 at 09:14 AM.
(#18 (permalink))
Old
Danieru1986 (Offline)
New to JF

Send a message via MSN to Danieru1986
07-10-2010, 09:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogsbody70 View Post
My daughter was always scared to tell her friends that she did scottish dancing and played the piano and recorder. I guess its not wanting to be seen to be different-- but its a shame. I believe in sharing an interest-- you never know some of them might be secretly interested also.

We are all different after all and one mans meat is another mans poison as they say.

Its good to have a passion for something different from the run of the mill.

also the japanese art manga and anime is brilliant so why be ashamed that you admire it.?
100% agree with you!

the sentece '' you never know some of them might be secrety interested also'' is so true...
I think nowdays a lot of people like japan for some reason, some of them for manga, some for culture, another music...etc maybe one of your friends like japan too and you don't know .

Bye!!
(#19 (permalink))
Old
Danieru1986 (Offline)
New to JF

Send a message via MSN to Danieru1986
07-10-2010, 09:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by inuyasha1989 View Post
Man .. really thanks u alot for ur nice advices but it's not so simple as it looks
... it's begining even with the clothing style ; last week or so we had a sport competition and there I wore a cool ( in my aspect cool ) T-shirt where Ken (from Street Fighter not from Barbie ) was making hadou ken ...
what happend ?Everyone laughed me out , since then I think it won't be possible and also since there is nobody who is sharing the same interests like me . I always want to make these cool hair styles as you guys do but I can't ; also I dreamt always having a japanese GF but it seems to be impossible ...
DAMN !!!!!!!!!!!
I just to read this, so don't worry get a new friends and be yourself!
(#20 (permalink))
Old
hinata4life (Offline)
JF Old Timer

Send a message via MSN to hinata4life
07-10-2010, 10:34 AM

I never really had this problem...
But I know the part of that t-shirt though... My class of the school I just finished at laughed at me when I wore my favorite Chobits t-shirt... But I ignored it.

Look at it this way: Everyone is diffrent in their own way, no one is perfect. If they don't accept you if you like japanese stuff, they aren't real friends.

Friends should accept eachother in which way they are, for some people it isn't difficult to accept others, for some it is difficult.

If you are really that scared of telling your friends about your interests, then show them. Just let simple hints out about it (like put a favorite anime character on your ''new'' map and show it to them), tell them you discovered some nice music... Or something like that. They will notice it, and if they ask it, just tell them the truth.

Love cute things~ <3 Nya~