View Single Post
(#11 (permalink))
Old
Sangetsu (Offline)
Busier Than Shinjuku Station

09-05-2008, 01:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by uktokyoite View Post
I have no idea what you are like - your preferences, but I'm with MMM - I wouldn't bring anything with you that you can't carry. Deodorant being the exception. Toothpaste- Aquafresh is readily available if you like that one.

There are lots of Sayonara sales here - people who come, stay for a year and then leave. You can get most stuff you need here and it is usually pretty good. That's what I did coming back this year - I bought my tv, washing machine, fridge, etc through sayonara adverts. Just make sure you check what you're getting. It may not be your cup of tea but.... it's an idea. For a clue about prices check out this link Metropolis Classifieds: Japan's No 1 classifieds
Aquafresh is available here, but it's completely different from what is sold in America; toothpaste sold in Japan does not contain fluoride. If you are staying here for several years, bring as much as you possibly can.

Examples. Nike Air running shoes. USA price, $99, Japan price $159. Ike Behar dress shirt, USA price $79, Japan price $129. 7 for all Mankind Jeans, USA price $149, Japan price $299. Adidas baseball cap, USA price, $14.99, Japan price, $29. HP dv2000 notebook pc. USA price, $799, Japan price $1100. Ipod Touch, 32 GB. USA price, $449, Japan price $599.

Sayanara sales are a good way to get things, such as a fridge, tv, and furniture. But you should definitely buy clothes, shoes, socks and such before you leave.