View Single Post
(#261 (permalink))
Old
bELyVIS (Offline)
JF Old Timer

06-17-2009, 07:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMM View Post

How have I proven I don't understand the feeling of being alienated. I lived three years in a city of over 100,000 people and knew only two other people of my race who lived there. But maybe you are right. I actually didn't feel alienated there because that only would have slowed me down. I felt very much a part of my neighborhood and work community, even if not everyone around me felt the same way.
Good post.
We all feel alienated once in awhile. But that is because we allow ourselves to be.
I lived in a very poor part of Brazil with a friend who grew up there and his family still lived there. At first, I felt strange being a American who never saw poverty like this and earning more than 4 times what these people were earning. Once I figured out I was the one doing this to myself, I went out and made a bunch of friends. We learned alot from each other and at this point my life was great. I no longer cared about anything but my new friends, not what I had or what they didn't. People are people and there always be good and bad. Go find the good ones no matter were you are.

The World's only Belly Dancing Elvis Impersonator!