JapanForum.com  

View Poll Results: What do you think of Gundam Wing?
Love It 12 38.71%
Like It 10 32.26%
Don't Care 8 25.81%
Dislike It 0 0%
Hate It 1 3.23%
Voters: 31. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#21 (permalink))
Old
Amnell (Offline)
W.o.W. I'm 66

Send a message via AIM to Amnell Send a message via Skype™ to Amnell
04-25-2008, 11:37 PM

I used to watch Gundam Wing on Toonami back in the day, right before DBZ came on. I was like 12 or 13, so I didn't quite get the show--never really followed the story, etc., though I did appreciate how some of the characters were really cool or really stupid or w/e. And of course, I loved the big walking destructo-platforms with their plasma swords and heavy-ass machine guns .

Ivon, did you buy the Japanese versions, or did you watch them online? Where'd you find them? I would love to re-watch this series, also, now that I'm older n_n .

"The trouble with trying to make something idiot proof is that idiots are so smart." ~A corollary to Murphy's Law

If you make people think they're thinking, they'll love you; but if you actually make them think, they'll hate you. ~Don Marquis

Quote:
Originally Posted by noodle
But, that's always f-ed up individuals that kill in secluded areas up high in the mountains. Thats neither the army nor the governments agenda! I hope those people rott in hell, but an army or government shouldn't be judged by psycho individuals.
(#22 (permalink))
Old
zachart (Offline)
RahXephon Addicted

Send a message via Yahoo to zachart
04-25-2008, 11:40 PM

I used to watch it... but then the stopped showing it... all series...
(#23 (permalink))
Old
ivi0nk3y (Offline)
Calm Like A Bomb

04-25-2008, 11:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amnell View Post
Ivon, did you buy the Japanese versions, or did you watch them online? Where'd you find them? I would love to re-watch this series, also, now that I'm older n_n .
Well I bought the DVD's from HMV. Even die-hard Anime shops recommended I go and buy my stuff from there.
Anyway the DVD's are called "Operations" and would be released every month or so. Each DVD contains 4 or 5 episodes. (There are 10 Operations in total.) Then there is the Endless Waltz movie which I had to import in back then cos it would apparently take em a few years to bring it out in England -_-'
That was when people still thought "Manga" was just the name of a company who had released Akira and Ghost in the Shell

ps. the languages available on the DVD's are Japanese/French/English.

Truth Hurts

LIFE THREATENING
Lifestyles
A HITMAN, A NUN
Lovers

Last edited by ivi0nk3y : 04-26-2008 at 01:32 AM.
(#24 (permalink))
Old
SSJup81 (Offline)
Busier Than Shinjuku Station

Send a message via ICQ to SSJup81 Send a message via AIM to SSJup81 Send a message via MSN to SSJup81 Send a message via Yahoo to SSJup81 Send a message via Skype™ to SSJup81
04-26-2008, 01:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ivi0nk3y View Post
Yea, I don't find her too annoying either. Not more than any other teenage girl portrayed in Anime
That's the thing, to me, she didn't act like any other teenage girl portrayed in anime. By those types, I mean the incredibly hyper types who'd go around trying to bash the guys that they like or whatever. Relena's character, imo, though a bit selfish in the beginning, which is very teenager like to me in a general sense, she seemed a bit mature for her age.
Quote:
More annoying to me is Duke Dermails grand-daughter with the ugly ass eyebrows >.<
Dorothy was creepy. When originally watching it on Toonami years ago, I really didn't like her character much. Rewatching it, I don't mind her, but I still find her kind of creepy.
Quote:
I guess you just understand it more when you're grown up. I mean I always wanted to just see the action and whatnot and wanted to see Heero do his stuff in Wing Zero.
I was in my late teens when I saw it on Toonami. I rewatched the entire series last year, because a friend of mine, who was a big GW fan, bought me Volume I of the DVD boxset for Christmas (2006). I bought volume II when it came out (2007) since I had really grown rehooked onto the series. I really love it, despite the faults with the series. What I really wish, is that I could get my hands on the manga. How my friend managed that is beyond me.
Quote:
Now however i'm watching it in the original Japanese with English subs. I can appreciate so much more, especially the way Quatres father dies and how he feels.
Most definitely. Watching it originally with the subs did seem to help with this, although, I will have to say this. When Quatre goes nuts and goes on a killing spree in Wing Zero, I prefer his crazed laugh for the dub. He sounded more unstable. Hearing him for the original, just made me think of a triumphant Ryoko pleased after pulling a fast one over on Ayeka.
(#25 (permalink))
Old
TheCrimson (Offline)
Träumst du?

07-23-2008, 06:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EveV View Post
I used to love it..
And then suddenly fucking every person I knew that liked anime was into yaoi fantasy's between all the characters.
They ruined it for me :/
that's what annoyed the f**k out of me... it's like >> people... they all have chicks they're obviously interested in...

though that Hilde chick needs to die >> Duo's mine xD

(#26 (permalink))
Old
Qwedloki100 (Offline)
New to JF

Send a message via AIM to Qwedloki100
07-27-2008, 09:15 PM

I love it. Some people like that Reena girl annoys me, tho.

and I don't mind the yaoi fan arts. I rather liked some of them.

For bashers, I KNOW what yaoi is, and I don't need a lecture on how it's against God or whatever (I'm atheist anyway).

Last edited by Qwedloki100 : 07-27-2008 at 09:18 PM.
(#27 (permalink))
Old
Cyclamen (Offline)
JF Old Timer

Send a message via MSN to Cyclamen
07-27-2008, 09:19 PM

I like Gundam Wing very much, but my heart belongs to Gundam Seed...
(#28 (permalink))
Old
Tyrien (Offline)
I'm e-vincible.

07-27-2008, 10:29 PM

I like gundam wing/gundam seed but I don't go out of my way to see it.

Tyrien.DeviantArt~
As of 08/11/2008 5:33 PM Eastern Standard time I now officially own:
Miyavi, Kyo, Yuusuke, Maya, Gou, Aki, Aoi, Jun, Yusa, Jui, Key, Heechul, Yesung, Riku, Kei, Jyou, Satoshi, Takeru, Sin, Teddyloid, ♀Yooh♂, Reo, Tomoya, Tatsuro, Hitsugi, Kyoharu, Takanori Nishikawa, Jay Chou, Hirokai, Die, Kaoru, Shinya, and Toshiya.
(#29 (permalink))
Old
TheCrimson (Offline)
Träumst du?

07-28-2008, 05:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qwedloki100 View Post
I love it. Some people like that Reena girl annoys me, tho.

and I don't mind the yaoi fan arts. I rather liked some of them.

For bashers, I KNOW what yaoi is, and I don't need a lecture on how it's against God or whatever (I'm atheist anyway).
i'm not a basher. i'm just saying the GW boys already have their girls. i'm not saying its against god. i dont believe in organised religion, i'm more of a spiritualist, and have nothing against homosexuality. to me, if it makes them happy, then good on them.

i was just saying, it annoyed me, cause the GW boys all seemed straight.

(#30 (permalink))
Old
SSJup81 (Offline)
Busier Than Shinjuku Station

Send a message via ICQ to SSJup81 Send a message via AIM to SSJup81 Send a message via MSN to SSJup81 Send a message via Yahoo to SSJup81 Send a message via Skype™ to SSJup81
07-28-2008, 06:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCrimson View Post
i'm not a basher. i'm just saying the GW boys already have their girls. i'm not saying its against god. i dont believe in organised religion, i'm more of a spiritualist, and have nothing against homosexuality. to me, if it makes them happy, then good on them.

i was just saying, it annoyed me, cause the GW boys all seemed straight.
They all seemed straight to me too, even Quatre. Some people use the craziest hints for pairings. I have nothing against those who do ship yaoi pairings (or any pairing), but if it's not canon, and people act as if it is, and are adamant about it, then I have a problem with it.