JapanForum.com  

View Poll Results: What do you think of Gundam Wing?
Love It 12 38.71%
Like It 10 32.26%
Don't Care 8 25.81%
Dislike It 0 0%
Hate It 1 3.23%
Voters: 31. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#11 (permalink))
Old
EveV (Offline)
Flee from hate.

Send a message via MSN to EveV Send a message via Yahoo to EveV
04-25-2008, 12:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ivi0nk3y View Post
God I hate Yaoi.. *twitches* Especially when it's got some of my favourite characters involved in some sick twisted freaks imagination
Same here.
:/
Those kids into it should read the story about Saint Gutfree << in The Haunted by Chuck Palahniuk( Writer of Fight Club )that'll change your perspective about anything involving assholes. : ) Guts by Chuck Palahniuk

"The sky is cryin...
Can't you see the tears roll down the street?"
- Stevie Ray Vaughan
(#12 (permalink))
Old
Drend (Offline)
The Unfortunate Otaku

04-25-2008, 12:19 AM

This might actually be my least favorite Gundam series. I don't like how they always just re-use the war scenario for each Gundam series, that's why I enjoyed G-Gundam and SD.

(#13 (permalink))
Old
SSJup81 (Offline)
Busier Than Shinjuku Station

Send a message via ICQ to SSJup81 Send a message via AIM to SSJup81 Send a message via MSN to SSJup81 Send a message via Yahoo to SSJup81 Send a message via Skype™ to SSJup81
04-25-2008, 02:34 AM

For Gundam Wing, I don't think I like any "yaoi" pairings, even though I liked to joke about Treize and Zechs.

That aside, for pairings, seems I liked....

Heero x Relena: I still don't see why people found Relena's Pacifist ways so annoying. I admired her for them. Anyway, I liked the dynamic, and there is that small thing of how no matter how hard Heero tried, he could never seem to kill Relena. Romantic or not, he did seem to have some type of a liking towards her.

Duo x Hilde

Treize x Une

My favorite characters were Quatre and Duo.
(#14 (permalink))
Old
Sutiiven (Offline)
nothingness

04-25-2008, 05:06 AM

I really like it is my fav Gundam show yet and i think it will be one of the best one out of most mech anime series .

Last edited by Sutiiven : 04-25-2008 at 06:22 AM.
(#15 (permalink))
Old
ivi0nk3y (Offline)
Calm Like A Bomb

04-25-2008, 11:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EveV View Post
Same here.
:/
Those kids into it should read the story about Saint Gutfree << in The Haunted by Chuck Palahniuk( Writer of Fight Club )that'll change your perspective about anything involving assholes. : ) Guts by Chuck Palahniuk
lmao.. that was very stomach wrenching indeed

Truth Hurts

LIFE THREATENING
Lifestyles
A HITMAN, A NUN
Lovers
(#16 (permalink))
Old
ivi0nk3y (Offline)
Calm Like A Bomb

04-25-2008, 11:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSJup81 View Post
I still don't see why people found Relena's Pacifist ways so annoying.
Yea, I don't find her too annoying either. Not more than any other teenage girl portrayed in Anime
More annoying to me is Duke Dermails grand-daughter with the ugly ass eyebrows >.<

Truth Hurts

LIFE THREATENING
Lifestyles
A HITMAN, A NUN
Lovers

Last edited by ivi0nk3y : 04-25-2008 at 12:04 PM.
(#17 (permalink))
Old
CelestialChild (Offline)
JF Regular

Send a message via MSN to CelestialChild
Smile 04-25-2008, 07:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ivi0nk3y View Post
Yea, I don't find her too annoying either. Not more than any other teenage girl portrayed in Anime
More annoying to me is Duke Dermails grand-daughter with the ugly ass eyebrows >.<
Dorothy. Gawd she was crazy, but that provided for some great plot nonetheless.

Relena certainly wasn't too bad, especially seeing her development in to the Endless Waltz storyline. If anything I was mostly annoyed at how corny her lines were in certain parts, haha.

This is one of my all-time favorite TV shows, period. The DVD box set was the only thing I wanted for Christmas last year.
(#18 (permalink))
Old
HaloNeko (Offline)
Owned by Dir en Grey

Send a message via AIM to HaloNeko
04-25-2008, 08:26 PM

gundam wing is a excellent series one of the best gundams I just hated the fact that it had tobe ruined by yaoi fanart. but I think endless waltz kind of changed that for them.

Live for today not for tomorrow for what you do today can shape what happens tomorrow.

(#19 (permalink))
Old
ivi0nk3y (Offline)
Calm Like A Bomb

04-25-2008, 11:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HaloNeko View Post
gundam wing is a excellent series one of the best gundams I just hated the fact that it had tobe ruined by yaoi fanart. but I think endless waltz kind of changed that for them.
Well a lot of things are ruined by that goddamn Yaoi fanart. I just curse the artists instead of pay attention to their "art".

Truth Hurts

LIFE THREATENING
Lifestyles
A HITMAN, A NUN
Lovers
(#20 (permalink))
Old
ivi0nk3y (Offline)
Calm Like A Bomb

04-25-2008, 11:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CelestialChild View Post
Dorothy. Gawd she was crazy, but that provided for some great plot nonetheless.

Relena certainly wasn't too bad, especially seeing her development in to the Endless Waltz storyline. If anything I was mostly annoyed at how corny her lines were in certain parts, haha.

This is one of my all-time favorite TV shows, period. The DVD box set was the only thing I wanted for Christmas last year.
Lol yea, I just didn't like that arrogant Catalonia biotch.
As for Relena being cheesy, well that was to be expected with her pseudo Princess Leia look. Her hair seems to be trying to bun up to me for some reason..

Anyway, I think Gundam Wing was the first anime of which I bought the entire series on DVD (including the movie). Damned expensive I can tell thee

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSJup81 View Post
I did the same as you, and Gundam Wing is now one of my all-time favorite series not just for the music, but for other aspects I didn't get when I watched the first time years ago.
I guess you just understand it more when you're grown up. I mean I always wanted to just see the action and whatnot and wanted to see Heero do his stuff in Wing Zero.
Now however i'm watching it in the original Japanese with English subs. I can appreciate so much more, especially the way Quatres father dies and how he feels.

ps. sorry for the double post, just forgot to cut and paste everything into the top post -_-'

Truth Hurts

LIFE THREATENING
Lifestyles
A HITMAN, A NUN
Lovers

Last edited by ivi0nk3y : 04-25-2008 at 11:35 PM.