JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#11 (permalink))
Old
SuperRobotWarrior (Offline)
New to JF

11-03-2008, 02:38 AM

I doubt it,probally issues with the economy.(lots of stuff going outta business cause of it)
(#12 (permalink))
Old
NightMikado (Offline)
The Night Emperor

Send a message via AIM to NightMikado Send a message via Yahoo to NightMikado
11-03-2008, 02:41 AM

Isnt anime pretty much still underground type stuff here??? I kno its on T.V. and everything but only on certain stations at certain times. I also agree it's prob alot to do with the economy to.

I used to be able to go to any arcade and play initial d games left and right now i have to go search for the actual arcades that still have it or that haven't went out of business.

(#13 (permalink))
Old
KikiBunny23 (Offline)
Banned

Send a message via AIM to KikiBunny23 Send a message via MSN to KikiBunny23 Send a message via Yahoo to KikiBunny23 Send a message via Skype™ to KikiBunny23
11-03-2008, 02:57 AM

same thing happened here. Waldens Books in the mall closed and it was part of a book store [like BAM] but it was part of Borders.
(#14 (permalink))
Old
superheel (Offline)
JF Old Timer

11-03-2008, 03:29 AM

Theres really no much anime lovers in US, because for most teenagers here, anything "asian" is gay. Well, atleast in my school. I see kids throwing fries and everything to people who reads manga during lunch and they would even shout sarcastically "Anime rocks!" to that person. So it won't shock me if anime is nowhere to be seen in US in the next 10 years.

"Save the earth from Global Warming!"
(#15 (permalink))
Old
Koir (Offline)
Meow.

11-03-2008, 03:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by superheel View Post
Theres really no much anime lovers in US, because for most teenagers here, anything "asian" is gay. Well, atleast in my school. I see kids throwing fries and everything to people who reads manga during lunch and they would even shout sarcastically "Anime rocks!" to that person. So it won't shock me if anime is nowhere to be seen in US in the next 10 years.
If it wasn't anime or manga, said individuals would find another thing to pick on. Don't put much stock in their behaviour, it has more to do with their own insecurities and need to appear superior to their cliques than a true expression of disdain.

Fortunately, there is one woman in this world who can control me.

Unfortunately for you, she is not here.

"Ride for ruin, and the world ended!"
(#16 (permalink))
Old
MMM (Offline)
JF Ossan

11-03-2008, 03:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by superheel View Post
Since when have anime fans been intimidated enough by bullies to quit their hobby?
(#17 (permalink))
Old
superheel (Offline)
JF Old Timer

11-03-2008, 03:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMM View Post
Since when have anime fans been intimidated enough by bullies to quit their hobby?
Well, i dunno, but you know, being bullied is depressing and some people will stop doing something because they are being embarrased. Not just that, there are alot of sites there where you can ready mangas for free, so theres alot of reasons.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koir View Post
If it wasn't anime or manga, said individuals would find another thing to pick on. Don't put much stock in their behaviour, it has more to do with their own insecurities and need to appear superior to their cliques than a true expression of disdain.
I agree, but there are people there who aren't bullies but still thinks that animes are for nerds. I love Anime, but there are really sad parts for loving it.

"Save the earth from Global Warming!"

Last edited by superheel : 11-03-2008 at 03:53 AM.
(#18 (permalink))
Old
ShadowChampion (Offline)
New to JF

Location: What? I dont live in the secret headquarters underground in the USA o.o
Send a message via MSN to ShadowChampion Send a message via Yahoo to ShadowChampion Send a message via Skype™ to ShadowChampion
11-03-2008, 03:49 AM

Yea...and it's not going any easier with this election going on ethier.

Entertainment - Quality - Dedication - Precision - Action - and other fairly big words...define
DELTA MOON
(#19 (permalink))
Old
Payne222 (Offline)
un américain

11-03-2008, 04:03 AM

Chinatown has 3 or 4 anime store here.
Arlington Heights has a Japanese Toys and Games store with anime.
Mitsuwa is in Arlington Heights too and they sell anime...
but you have to sell your soul to the devil to buy it there...
XDD
Hmm...anime can be bought in regular stores everywhere here too...?

Last edited by Payne222 : 11-03-2008 at 04:06 AM.
(#20 (permalink))
Old
reptilesandsamurai (Offline)
JF Old Timer

11-03-2008, 04:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koir View Post
Quoted for truth.

I don't think anime is dying here in America. It has never and probably will never be "mainstream" entertainment in America and that's OK. I know my local Best Buy has an ever expanding Anime section, as well as my local Boarders has a growing Manga section.

Reptiles have silly grins
Dark eyes--shiny teeth--some have fins
Samurai they smile never
Serious--pretty swords--very clever