JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#21 (permalink))
Old
candioussays (Offline)
New to JF

11-03-2008, 04:24 AM

What a coincidence! I went to the mall to go to Japan HQ this weekend and it had gone out of business. But I do agree with it having to do with the economy, not a lack of interest among Americans.
(#22 (permalink))
Old
Banzai (Offline)
日本バンザイ~!

Send a message via MSN to Banzai
11-03-2008, 05:12 AM

All the anime related stores in my area , such as Sou Kawaii, are still as popular as ever.

Also, I usually buy most of my anime DVD's at a HMV near by.

>>>SOSDefinition<<<

私は日本語より多く学ぶことが開始されます。
(#23 (permalink))
Old
magicalgirlj (Offline)
moetaku

11-09-2008, 09:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by peterv20 View Post
one of my weekly routines was dashed saturday when i went to go shopping at one of my anime stores "anime nuts" and it was closed.i mean really closed,out of bizz...then i stopped to think about it,they're shops looking run-down and closing.how about your area?
the reason anime nuts closed down, was beacause they were selling bootlegs and Funimation sued them. But I sure hope the US anime industry does not fail, I would be crushed.

avatar- Kamio Misuzu from Air tv
please buy anime DVD's and manga
(#24 (permalink))
Old
Gokudera (Offline)
New to JF

Send a message via AIM to Gokudera Send a message via MSN to Gokudera Send a message via Yahoo to Gokudera
11-10-2008, 07:21 AM

Between the economy being in the state it is now, the fact that anime is still very much underground, and amount of money it takes to translate/import merchandise I'm not suprised by the fact that anime stores are closing down.
Where I live anime isn't very popular. I went to the bookstore last month, and they got rid of one whole shelf of manga. Considering that they only had one asile with manga, I was very depressed. I think that we're lucky to even have an anime convention in this state at all. >.>
(#25 (permalink))
Old
Nemhy (Offline)
Dungeon Crawler

Send a message via AIM to Nemhy Send a message via MSN to Nemhy
Unhappy 11-10-2008, 09:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NightMikado View Post
Isnt anime pretty much still underground type stuff here??? I kno its on T.V. and everything but only on certain stations at certain times. I also agree it's prob alot to do with the economy to.

I used to be able to go to any arcade and play initial d games left and right now i have to go search for the actual arcades that still have it or that haven't went out of business.
This just made me EXTREMLY sad! There used to be an arcade this this mall near me, had Initial D wangan midnight, like every japanese music game, street fighters, tekkens, shooters. and it was the ULTIMATE Otaku hangout. people would keep binders with pictures of what they're selling (anime,manga figurines, posters, plushies ect) and was the best underground store I ever seen.....

but then all the little wiggers and scenesters started claiming "turfs" and thought that they owned the place cause "I can play heavy mode on DDR!" >_>....they closed down months ago and I cried my eyes out D:

But yea initial D rocks XD There isnt a MANGA store persay...but there is a Borders and thats good enough. anime I just watch online cause $20-$40 for just 3 or 4 episodes is just plain stupid

PSN: Nemhy
(#26 (permalink))
Old
Nemhy (Offline)
Dungeon Crawler

Send a message via AIM to Nemhy Send a message via MSN to Nemhy
11-10-2008, 09:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMM View Post
Since when have anime fans been intimidated enough by bullies to quit their hobby?
Sometimes it can get really tough =/ I remember sophmore year people would break into this one kids lockers and stuff nasty stuff in it (used condoms, food ect) and just made him MISERIBLE because he used to read manga during study hall. like the whole football team made it their mission to make this poor kid MISERABLE. this other girl got pelted with chopsticks and clumps of rice and yelled really bad things at her cause she would watch anime on her iPod everyday.

so who eles loves highschool? >_>

PSN: Nemhy
(#27 (permalink))
Old
HaidosLilFanGurl (Offline)
KohiiPrInCeSs~

Send a message via AIM to HaidosLilFanGurl Send a message via MSN to HaidosLilFanGurl Send a message via Yahoo to HaidosLilFanGurl
11-10-2008, 12:34 PM

DUBBED anime is dying...

(#28 (permalink))
Old
koikurasu (Offline)
Obey the fist!

Send a message via AIM to koikurasu Send a message via MSN to koikurasu Send a message via Skype™ to koikurasu
11-10-2008, 01:02 PM

Nah, still going strong here in the 757 lol, we just had one of our biggest conventions last weekend.

Was it something I said? Whatever it was, I didn't mean it. I haven't meant anything I've said for years. Except what I just said. I think

Final Fantasy Clan Member
CODE NAME: CHOCOBO
(#29 (permalink))
Old
ThirdSight (Offline)
Bane of Stupidity

Send a message via AIM to ThirdSight
11-10-2008, 04:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HaidosLilFanGurl View Post
DUBBED anime is dying...
This, as some of the religious folk like to say, is a blessing in disguise. You know, like Optimus Prime?

-M@

How in the world do people reach 1,000+ posts?

Skadoosh.
(#30 (permalink))
Old
HaidosLilFanGurl (Offline)
KohiiPrInCeSs~

Send a message via AIM to HaidosLilFanGurl Send a message via MSN to HaidosLilFanGurl Send a message via Yahoo to HaidosLilFanGurl
11-13-2008, 05:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThirdSight View Post
This, as some of the religious folk like to say, is a blessing in disguise. You know, like Optimus Prime?
I know, They should just show japanese dubbed anime on T.V., I mean, none of my friends even bother with the english dubbed anymore.