JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#1 (permalink))
Old
CoolNard (Offline)
Yours Rightfully Insolent

Send a message via MSN to CoolNard
Angry Anime discrimination - gets you feeling annoyed - 02-19-2007, 03:01 PM

Gaah, damnit im getting real pissed off with people who look down on Asia(Japan) and it's cultures -.-"

Why cant they understand that not everything in Asia has to do with Chinese and that anime isn't just some low-class cartoons?
What exactly are they discriminating against? Why do they feel that ainime/manga are just for little kids and arent able to accept the fact that they aren't age restricted in any way, and can be seen/read by older viewers? Why don't they know that the art and profundity of anime cannot be compared to a barren and monotonous reality? 1/4 of the world population on earth watch anime/manga. Japan is one of the most powerful countries in the world and possibly only second against the US.

Was it the right move to make a thread regarding a sensitive issue? Will it spark off tension, havoc and internal wars? I don't know anymore.. Z_Z

There's no such thing as happy endings, for when you find true love, happiness is everlasting.

Last edited by CoolNard : 02-19-2007 at 03:44 PM.
(#2 (permalink))
Old
curious_jane (Offline)
"SIT BOY!!"

Send a message via Yahoo to curious_jane
02-19-2007, 03:10 PM

so you did make a thread about this!

"...tears don't fall, they crash around me.
My conscience calls, guilty sin come home."
(#3 (permalink))
Old
CoolNard (Offline)

02-19-2007, 03:14 PM

Couldnt help it, arrogant ignorance angers me easily

There's no such thing as happy endings, for when you find true love, happiness is everlasting.
(#4 (permalink))
Old
sweet420love (Offline)
New to JF

Send a message via AIM to sweet420love
02-19-2007, 03:27 PM

i totally agree with u. at my school people think only goths or weirdos watch anime/read manga. I am probably one of the only non goth people at school that aren't ashamed to admit they like anime. everyone knows what it is but they turn their backs to it.They think its either for children or freaky adults! its a shame too. there's an anime out there for everyone
(#5 (permalink))
Old
CoolNard (Offline)

02-19-2007, 03:45 PM

Aah.. well im glad to know some people agree with me ^_^
thx alot, i really appreciate it.

(#6 (permalink))
Old
kitski (Offline)
Kakkoi

02-19-2007, 04:06 PM

i agree totally...when i have told to some people that i watch anime they have told to me like why i watch it.. isn't that for kids and then i have to explain that kids watch cartoons but anime and cartoons are totally different...and they say that i'm 18 not a kid anymore to watch this childish cartoon.. arghhh..ANIME is not only for kids..there are different animes to all age groups

Don't walk in front of me, I may not follow.
Don't walk behind me, I may not lead.
Just walk beside me and be my friend.-- Albert Camus
(#7 (permalink))
Old
lehmki (Offline)
Come over to the darkside

02-19-2007, 04:14 PM

yeah actuly i ahve to agree with this thread, cus many many many ppl are ingnorant fools who no nothin but still say too much... but kitski when u told me that u watch anime,, aaah actuly i found it out from a friends who said ur borther watches and then i also learnd that u too :P so then i asked u if u watch :P etc

Bro to CN and to Musashi
evil dentist shinigami captain who's reiatsu powers match Kenpachi and Ullriquora put together! to Aoshi
The cool old bro, who teases hes younger bro NIghtmare
Protective bro to curious_jane
Choco the family guardian
Teasing brother to wbslngr
Personal Bodyguard - Michieru
My pretty maid - Ayame90
and a very loyal butler - ImmortalFlare
Right Hand Mistress of Darkness-QuoyaNatsume
(#8 (permalink))
Old
CoolNard (Offline)

02-19-2007, 04:33 PM

so everyone's agreed then..? XD

There're worse ones who insult anime-lovers. I caught a few red-handed while youtubing >_<"
Here are some of the things they said:
-Youtube should make a "non Japanese cartoon" policy.
-These stuff should be on a website for 10-yr olds and below.
-I can't believe childish cartoons like these get so many viewers.
-Filthy bunch of space-wasting shits
The most recent ones i saw were from "Naruto Shippuden".

To earn respect, one has to respect others first. If you don't have anything nice to say then don't say it at all. No one sees me going around and yelling that reality is a bullying shithole, right? *sigh*

Last edited by CoolNard : 02-20-2007 at 04:27 AM.
(#9 (permalink))
Old
fuu (Offline)
blargh whatever

02-19-2007, 05:02 PM

So this is where this is. I hear ya. I live in a very small community and well I am probably the only one who watches Anime other then the kids around here. This one time a friend of my was showing me what she bought her 5 year old son for his birthday. It was a Dvd vol1 of Fullmetal Alchemist. I almost died. I told her not to give it to him that he wouldn't understand it and he would probably have nightmares but she bruched me off saying it was ONLY a cartoon. Humph!!!! I was right the poor kid had to sleep in her bed for 3 day because he kept thinking his leg was going to fall off. ONLY A CARTOON. It drives me nuts when people say that.

FEAR ME!!!
(#10 (permalink))
Old
animeomarguy (Offline)
Stupid--Stupid Like A Fox

02-19-2007, 05:20 PM

I can't imagine a valid reason for people hating anime. I feel disgusted when people talk bad about anime, especially when they're around me. They believe that anime is childish and whatnot, but i ask them, have you ever even TRIED to watch it? Obviously, when discribing anime to someone, you might come up on the word "cartoon", but why do people ALWAYS assume that it is something like spongebob? ANIME IS DEEPER THAN THAT! And DAMN IT PISSES ME OFF WHEN PEOPLE DISCRIMINATE IT. Hell, i devoted my whole life to anime, because it made me happy watching that one guy finding his true love, an angry rivalry ending and becoming friends, and the occasional mysteries. It hurts knowing that so many people want to take it out from our society. For all the people that ARE discriminating, ask yourself...DO i have a valid reason?