JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#1 (permalink))
Old
LightningSaix73 (Offline)
New to JF

Send a message via MSN to LightningSaix73
Ponyo! the NEW Ghibli film. - 09-17-2009, 03:33 AM

I saw the movie yesterday, and I thought it was great. My friend wasn't to fond of it. I liked it more than howls moving castle. How did the movie treat you, and whats next from Ghibli?

Be Happy! Be Happy! \( ^_^)/
(#2 (permalink))
Old
koikurasu (Offline)
Obey the fist!

Send a message via AIM to koikurasu Send a message via MSN to koikurasu Send a message via Skype™ to koikurasu
09-17-2009, 03:37 AM

I saw the preview, and better than Howl's moving castle you say?!? I'll have to watch it then most def! I know that they are working on a short film, can't say much more about it though..

Was it something I said? Whatever it was, I didn't mean it. I haven't meant anything I've said for years. Except what I just said. I think

Final Fantasy Clan Member
CODE NAME: CHOCOBO
(#3 (permalink))
Old
hinata2 (Offline)
JF Old Timer

Send a message via MSN to hinata2 Send a message via Yahoo to hinata2
09-17-2009, 05:06 AM

i have not seen it yet but i want to
(#4 (permalink))
Old
JackIsLost (Offline)
Wanderer

Send a message via AIM to JackIsLost
09-17-2009, 07:43 AM

the movie was okay. i didn't hate it nor did it make me want to watch it twice. the US version is worse than the japanese one because the voice actors in the US stank, disney kids acting = horrible.

うんこ漏らした。

my gun is bigger than your gun
(#5 (permalink))
Old
GTJ (Offline)
Defeater of Weaboos

Send a message via Skype™ to GTJ
09-17-2009, 07:56 AM

Most American audiences hated it. It's not really "NEW", because it came out in Japan like... a year ago? A year and a half? I dunno.

Anyway, a LOT was lost in the translation. Apparently the message has been garbled and the voice actors didn't really capture anything. My mom was definitely not a fan. I still have yet to see the Japanese version, much less the English one, so I'm holding off on my own judgement.

All I know is when it came out they showed that damn little girl who sings the main theme (in Japanese... I heard they got some Disney brats to sing an English translation, which is just downright sinful and if I ever hear it I'll jump off a building) every ten seconds on TV.

光る物全て金ならず。
なんてしつけいいこいいけつしてんな。
(#6 (permalink))
Old
Naoko (Offline)
Evil Muffin 奈央子

Send a message via AIM to Naoko
09-17-2009, 02:26 PM

I don't really care if it's "new." It's "new" to me, because I haven't seen it yet. However, I have been very excited about this one, so I'm glad to hear people are liking it. I'm a big fan of Hayao Miyazaki, particularly of his "hidden" messages in his movies.

外人警報発令中!!!! ヽ(`Д')ノ
My Japanese still sucks. Feel free to correct me! Any constructive criticism is appreciated.((どうも、ナゴナゴさん!!))
(#7 (permalink))
Old
pumpum (Offline)
JF Old Timer

09-17-2009, 03:42 PM

I watched the japanese version and it was totally awful

The things that come to those who wait are the things that are left by those who got there first !
(#8 (permalink))
Old
spoonybard (Offline)
JF Old Timer

09-17-2009, 04:08 PM

Unfortunately, it wasn't released here, so I have to wait for it to come out on DVD :'(

My little sister has wanted to see it since she saw the previews, and she wants to see it even more because I told her that the people responsible for it are the same ones behind Spirited Away, Howl's Moving Castle, Grave of the Fireflies, My Neighbor Totoro, Whispers of the Heart, Princess Mononoke.....

It's funny, because the only one she saw out of the ones I mentioned was Spirited Away, and because we watch it when they give it on TV(which I don't watch anymore), we never get to finish(too many commercials!). My little brother has seen Spirited Away and Grave of the Fireflies. Anyway, I intended to take them with me to the theater to go see Ponyo, but we won't be able to see it until it comes out on DVD.
(#9 (permalink))
Old
seiki (Offline)
aww fiegal

09-17-2009, 06:21 PM

It was okay. I more enjoyed the illustrations than voicing or the story for that matter. There wasn't much of a "message" umm people litter? I did find it a little cute but I doubt i would pay to watch it again.
(#10 (permalink))
Old
seiki (Offline)
aww fiegal

09-17-2009, 06:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pumpum View Post
I watched the japanese version and it was totally awful
Did it really stink or are you joking?