LinkBack Thread Tools
(#11 (permalink))
Old
xyzone (Offline)
JF Old Timer

12-08-2009, 07:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by komitsuki View Post
American black and white cartoons since the 1930s suffered the same thing: adults look very much like kids.
So?

Quote:
Could you give us some more examples than just Pokemon/Digimon?
Because I've browsed through some anime sites, but I couldn't really find any...
Well that's funny, because all I have to do is see random clips and see it all the time:

Very common-looking anime these days.

Now these war veterans command respect.

A typical video game. We have here a deep voiced alpha male, and the one on the right, clearly an old lady. You can tell from the pointy eyelashes.
(#12 (permalink))
Old
xyzone (Offline)
JF Old Timer

12-08-2009, 07:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by iPhantom View Post
I have been in the anime websites scene for 7 years,
LOL figures. 7 years is within the range when it started with room to spare. I'm talking much longer, noob.
(#13 (permalink))
Old
komitsuki (Offline)
Busier Than Shinjuku Station

12-08-2009, 07:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by xyzone View Post
So?
Stop complaining and enjoy the anime what you like.

JapanForum's semi-resident amateur linguist.
(#14 (permalink))
Old
xyzone (Offline)
JF Old Timer

12-08-2009, 07:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by komitsuki View Post
Stop complaining and enjoy the anime what you like.
I'm not complaining. Are you complaining about a thread? Enjoy the forum instead.
(#15 (permalink))
Old
komitsuki (Offline)
Busier Than Shinjuku Station

12-08-2009, 07:52 PM

Quote:
I'm not complaining. Are you complaining about a thread? Enjoy the forum instead.
This thread is IN a forum. What are you talking about?

JapanForum's semi-resident amateur linguist.
(#16 (permalink))
Old
xyzone (Offline)
JF Old Timer

12-08-2009, 07:57 PM

And yet it's not the only thread in the forum. That's what.
(#17 (permalink))
Old
Mortry (Offline)
JF Old Timer

12-08-2009, 08:04 PM

Quote:
So?

Well that's funny, because all I have to do is see random clips and see it all the time:

Very common-looking anime these days.

Now these war veterans command respect.

A typical video game. We have here a deep voiced alpha male, and the one on the right, clearly an old lady. You can tell from the pointy eyelashes.
I don't think the pale girl with the roses is like 10 years old... neither is the alpha male in that video game... But you're right about those war veterans xD
Still, I see more anime with non-10-year-old-protagonists, than I see them with 10-year-old-protagonists. Or maybe there always were a lot of anime with 10-year-old-protagonists, but you only noticed since you began to watch them (pokemon & digimon)
(#18 (permalink))
Old
xyzone (Offline)
JF Old Timer

12-08-2009, 08:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mortry View Post
I don't think the pale girl with the roses is like 10 years old... neither is the alpha male in that video game... But you're right about those war veterans xD
Still, I see more anime with non-10-year-old-protagonists, than I see them with 10-year-old-protagonists. Or maybe there always were a lot of anime with 10-year-old-protagonists, but you only noticed since you began to watch them (pokemon & digimon)
No, I noticed it because I'm a fan of anime that goes back to the 80s. Not to say I saw it then, but I've seen it afterwards. Like the megahits from the 80s, the real popular stuff (which today is defined by the kids, realistically), you see that and it looks a lot different than today's megahits, which are all 10 year olds walking around. It's just an expression, it doesn't matter what their ages are supposed to be. I know the ones you mention aren't supposed to be 10, they just have the body frame of one.
(#19 (permalink))
Old
iPhantom (Offline)
is a pretty cool guy

Send a message via AIM to iPhantom Send a message via MSN to iPhantom Send a message via Skype™ to iPhantom
12-08-2009, 08:37 PM

Quote:
LOL figures. 7 years is within the range when it started with room to spare. I'm talking much longer, noob.
Are you retarded? With that I meant I know much more than you related to this. I've seen so many old anime it's not funny anymore. But what you are saying is still wrong.

The 2nd pictures you posted looks youngish, pfft. You see what you want to see.

Here comes some of today's anime:

Pretty realistic, huh? That is Umineko, one of the top anime this year. If you want more check youtube. This is an anime not intended for kids, that's why.

Want popular anime? Death Note, Hellsing... they don't have kiddy designs. Most of the top anime in MyAnimeList.Net aren't kiddy either. I don't know where you get your facts. You're just making that up based on watching how many of today's anime? 3?

Check out Kampfer as well. That's seinen demographic. Almost everything that is seinen looks very realistic. You would ask why? Because it's targeted to an older fanbase and they don't need fancy kiddo graphics for the anime to appeal. They prefer realistic designs.

Quote:
Since when is it immature to talk about pudding? Seriously, do you know the meaning of mature?
(#20 (permalink))
Old
xyzone (Offline)
JF Old Timer

12-08-2009, 08:59 PM

I'm going to ignore the above person with the massively false advertising in his title for ignoring this I said before:

Quote:
And it doesn't matter which you want to pick and choose to make your wrong point. I could do the same but it's stupid.
~~~
This phenomenon is obvious. Go live in your own bubble all you want. Easy. But you're not saying anything compelling.