JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#41 (permalink))
Old
Shidash (Offline)
JF Regular

08-09-2007, 01:23 PM

I am only 13 but I do look a little older than I am and I have some confidence but I would rather wait until I finish my book. As far as art skills go, no luck there. I have motor skill issues that makes it so my handwriting is barely readable and my art looks like a little kid drew it.
(#42 (permalink))
Old
ILOVEJAPAN (Offline)
JF Old Timer

13 - 08-09-2007, 07:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shidash View Post
I am only 13 but I do look a little older than I am and I have some confidence but I would rather wait until I finish my book. As far as art skills go, no luck there. I have motor skill issues that makes it so my handwriting is barely readable and my art looks like a little kid drew it.
Its not impossible to get somthing published at 13. I have heard of people getting published at 14-16. There are kids out there who can draw much better than most adults, maybe you should try to find an artist your own age. They would probably take you more serously then an adult.
(#43 (permalink))
Old
rayluber95 (Offline)
New to JF

Talking Uhhh... - 08-11-2007, 04:36 PM

Wow...This is getting really off topic. Thanks to the people who actually answered my question, tho~!!! Shame shame to those who couldn't just post their own question in topics and had to post on mine! Lol. JK.

People keep saying that flying is the safest way to travel, but I've never seen a tricycle get hijacked by terrorists. OHMIGAWD~!!! I just burned all your butts! Put that in your juice box and suck it advertisers!

Someone should sue red bull for false advertising. It does NOT give you wings...I found that out the hard way...

What we do today will forever echo throughout eternity...so don't screw it up.
(#44 (permalink))
Old
CrimsonNataku (Offline)
JF Old Timer

08-11-2007, 04:55 PM

Just one thing I thought I would point out: It is very difficult to get work published in Japan if you are not Japanese. Until recently, it was impossible. Japan has been and still is an elitist country; granted, they've improved dramatically over the years, but there is still some prejudice against non-Japanese.

A friend of mine actually had to send his work over to a Japanese friend in Japan, and then have that friend show it to the companies he wanted to present his stuff to in order to get it even considered.

Recently, however, Japan has made an effort to become more open-minded. Just this year, Japan announced the establishment of the International Manga Award, the first of its kind. (More info: MOFA: First International MANGA Award)

"To teach is to learn." - Japanese Proverb
(#45 (permalink))
Old
Shiningmonkey (Offline)
Inventor of the s'moredog

08-11-2007, 06:39 PM

Yeah I am working with someone on my manga. We both work on the story nonstop and I do the art. Someday I want to send in my work to Shonen Jump but I'm not sure if they accept Americans but I hope so.