JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#121 (permalink))
Old
iPhantom (Offline)
is a pretty cool guy

Send a message via AIM to iPhantom Send a message via MSN to iPhantom Send a message via Skype™ to iPhantom
01-04-2010, 11:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megabyte117 View Post
Well, the animation just didn't click for me, as I tend to avoid shows that have that cutesy look. Again, I found the nudity to be excessive, and mostly existed for the purpose of fanservice.
Nope it wasn't fanservice. Elfen Lied was that way since the start. The nudity is a key factor for the gore part. It doesn't have to do with fanservice at all. The cutesy look is used by many gore anime.

Quote:
Since when is it immature to talk about pudding? Seriously, do you know the meaning of mature?
(#122 (permalink))
Old
Aniki (Offline)
JF's Road Roller

01-05-2010, 04:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megabyte117 View Post
Am I the only one who greatly disliked the series? I found the cutesy animation coupled with the excessive gore and nudity to be quite jarring. Then the harem-esque aspects, and the main character being generally a nuisance to watch (as Nyu). I have to admit to not being particularly impressed with the ending either; all the loose ends and then them trying to make the viewer sympathetic towards Lucy just didn't work for me at all. A fairly disappointing show aside from the wonderful soundtrack.
You're not the only one on this side of the battle field.

I can't say I greatly disliked the series, but I do find them disappointing. After watching the first two episodes I wanted to stop and forget the series, but decided to see though to the end. I can't think any anime right now that could have such terrible prologue. The gore didn't bother me at all (it was even funny in some scenes), on the other hand the nudity was too excessive, for instance Nanas and Marikos battle, having her clothes all torn apart and getting all nude - that really wasn't necessary.
To me the biggest annoyance was the way humans were portrayed as if everyone in the world is cold-hearted. From macho mercenary who likes beating women, to scientists who conduct experiment the cruellest way, the sadist kids beating up the dog for fun, ending with people on the street who glare and bad-mouth. Of course when everyone is like that the main characters all look like angels, and because of that they where hardly likeable to me (except for Mayu and Kurama). I'm sure if the series were extended to 26 episodes, with more detail to Lucy's, Kohta's and others it would get the praise it truly deserves.

Last edited by Aniki : 01-05-2010 at 04:59 PM.
(#123 (permalink))
Old
iPhantom (Offline)
is a pretty cool guy

Send a message via AIM to iPhantom Send a message via MSN to iPhantom Send a message via Skype™ to iPhantom
01-05-2010, 06:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aniki View Post
I can't say I greatly disliked the series, but I do find them disappointing. After watching the first two episodes I wanted to stop and forget the series, but decided to see though to the end. I can't think any anime right now that could have such terrible prologue. The gore didn't bother me at all (it was even funny in some scenes), on the other hand the nudity was too excessive, for instance Nanas and Marikos battle, having her clothes all torn apart and getting all nude - that really wasn't necessary.
To me the biggest annoyance was the way humans were portrayed as if everyone in the world is cold-hearted. From macho mercenary who likes beating women, to scientists who conduct experiment the cruellest way, the sadist kids beating up the dog for fun, ending with people on the street who glare and bad-mouth. Of course when everyone is like that the main characters all look like angels, and because of that they where hardly likeable to me (except for Mayu and Kurama). I'm sure if the series were extended to 26 episodes, with more detail to Lucy's, Kohta's and others it would get the praise it truly deserves.
You see what you want to see. Most kids would joke at girls with horns though. Adults didn't even car (remember Nana wandering around and also trying to buy something? Nobody really cared). the macho mercenary did prove to be a good guy in the end (or am I mixing it with the manga?). To me Lucy didn't really look like an angel, an I've seen at MyAnimeList she's not really loved either. Nyuu yes, but in no way Lucy was likable. Getting bad mouthed is not a reason to mass murder.

What I disliked is how Kouhta kissed his father's killer. IRL, nobody with his right mind would've done that. I guess he didn't have that much of a choice though, she might've killed if he freaked out and be angry against her.

Quote:
Since when is it immature to talk about pudding? Seriously, do you know the meaning of mature?
(#124 (permalink))
Old
Aniki (Offline)
JF's Road Roller

01-06-2010, 11:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by iPhantom View Post
You see what you want to see.
That's hardly ever the case for me.
(#125 (permalink))
Old
iluvbleach (Offline)
The Otaku

02-18-2010, 04:55 PM

I really like this anime
ive watched it twice and i could watch it again

sebastian~

(#126 (permalink))
Old
GrimmjowCrack (Offline)
Ok Guns Up, Lets Do This

Send a message via MSN to GrimmjowCrack
03-02-2010, 02:19 PM

I Apologize because i only read up to the potential spoilers part but i agree its a great show so far. I Bought the DVD box set and its very good. and now i need to finish it just because this thread reminded me that i have what started out as an amzing show sitting in my room wasting away.

GJC...Out!

The World Has Turned and Left Me