LinkBack Thread Tools
(#41 (permalink))
Old
Unknown (Offline)
The Darkness

07-29-2010, 01:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogsbody70 View Post
GO NATIVE you are right there. Certainly Hitler brainwashed his countrymen and children till they were like robots. From what I have read Japan was run by the military-----------

I wonder now with the internet if it will be so easy to hide or breed false information about other countries.

Although false rumours can be spread so easily.

POWER corrupts.
Also what most people don't know especially those that are racist was he's part Jew but do to the fact back in WW2 he was literally the most powerful figure all records were sealed away

Feel My Intent
(#42 (permalink))
Old
TalnSG (Offline)
Busier Than Shinjuku Station

Send a message via ICQ to TalnSG
07-29-2010, 01:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogsbody70 View Post
GO NATIVE you are right there. Certainly Hitler brainwashed his countrymen and children till they were like robots. From what I have read Japan was run by the military-----------

I wonder now with the internet if it will be so easy to hide or breed false information about other countries.

Although false rumours can be spread so easily.

POWER corrupts.
Are you are assuming that the internet is accessible and unfiltered? There are many people in this world without access to technologically advanced forms of communications, and still more where that access is highly filtered and/or distorted. Of course, the internet can provide enlightenment; but it can just as easily be the source of brainwashing.

FYI Unknown, Hilter's Jewish heritage is taught in most American schools. It is far from being undisclosed information since at least the 1950s.

Only an open mind and open heart can be filled with life.
Find your voice; silence will not protect you.
(#43 (permalink))
Old
dogsbody70 (Offline)

07-29-2010, 02:01 PM

POWER corrupts.

Are you are assuming that the internet is accessible and unfiltered? There are many people in this world without access to technologically advanced forms of communications, and still more where that access is highly filtered and/or distorted. Of course, the internet can provide enlightenment; but it can just as easily be the source of brainwashing.

Yes I realise that-- I am aware that not everyone has access to the net, but there is a lot out there already.

I am unsure if china is still blocking the net from their own people.

I guess when Japan was isolated for a long time that there was an opportunity to keep secret and closed. If a japanese was not allowed to leave the country or any stranger enter-- it would of course isolate them from what is going on out side.

When I grew up during the war here in UK I only heard what was allowed to be broadcast. I was pretty ignorant about what was going on out there apart from the war. I certainly was ignorant about the Pacific war. Ignorant about many things as our history lessons were more about our Kings and Queens than real every day life.

It is harder to hide things nowadays and of course plenty of opportunity to manipulate.
(#44 (permalink))
Old
Unknown (Offline)
The Darkness

07-29-2010, 04:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TalnSG View Post

FYI Unknown, Hilter's Jewish heritage is taught in most American schools. It is far from being undisclosed information since at least the 1950s.
Its too bad people in Germany did not know this prior to voteing for him or else things would have been different.Then again he had the SS and numerous other organizations backing him up

Feel My Intent
(#45 (permalink))
Old
Ryzorian (Offline)

08-03-2010, 02:09 AM

Germany was the main target, always was. FDR's main purpose was to free Europe from Hitler. We fought a holding war against Japan for 2 years because Germany came first.

Brass tacks here, nobody cares about alliances and who signed what treaty, each nation will do what it sees in it's best interest first and formost, allways. FDR was an opurtunist and worked it to the best advantage possible. By war's end he had manouvered the US into the only world power.

I don't care about supposed conspiracies , nor am I condemning the guy here, he did great to do that, massive kudos are due. I may not have done it the same way he did, but I certainly would have tried to ensure American dominance by the end. Just like Stalin was trying to do for Russia and Mao was doing for China and Chruchill was doing for Britain and all the rest of the national leaders were doing for thier respective countries.
(#46 (permalink))
Old
fluffy0000 (Offline)
FJ to JF

again sorta not - 08-03-2010, 05:42 AM

wrong again dude? At the end of WW2 1939-1945 the United States and the Soviet Union emerged as the two most powerful military forces on the planet. Both would be l8tr described as 'super powers'. goggle (Cold War 1945-1989' )

Last edited by fluffy0000 : 08-03-2010 at 04:49 PM. Reason: edit
(#47 (permalink))
Old
Ryzorian (Offline)

08-04-2010, 02:17 AM

Russia was decimated, 20 million dead, and those are the ones Stalin didn't kill, most of their territory was in ruins, not to mention half their equipment was built from steel and raw resources we gave them. Plus they didn't develope a nuke until 1949, that nuclear ability is what gave them "world power" status, aside from that they were barely above poverty level. So no, they weren't in the same league as the US at the end of WW2, reguardless of what they like to claim.
(#48 (permalink))
Old
fluffy0000 (Offline)
FJ to JF

again sorta not - 08-04-2010, 03:41 AM

At the end of WW2 the United States and Soviet Union were the two most powerful military forces on the planet. period.

The Soviet Union prior to outbreak of hostilities and invasion by Germany as early as 1939' through 1941' had moved it's industrial base especially it's oil refining and heavy industry such as steel production out of reach of the Germans, untouched and functioning during after WW2.

The Soviet Union did not get majority of raw materials from the United States and had plenty of resources , oil, natural gas, steel and especially strategic metals such as titanium . Roughly 90% of the worlds titanium resources are located in the Soviet Union. Especially useful for high tech aircraft construction.

The Soviet Union after VE-Day WW2 included all the satellite states of eastern europe including 1/2 Germany all of Berlin, etc. including all the industrial resources of same countrys. Also known as the ( Warsaw Pact ).
Further sources of uranium used for early Soviet Union nuclear bomb program - were located in mines in East Germany

Most importantly it had a standing army on the doorstep of western europe.

The United States although temporarily ahead in nuclear technology on paper, it's entire nuclear arsenal had been totally used up in WW2 against Japan - a total of 2 nuclear bombs had been expended.
( not counting the test device used at Los Alamos, New Mexico.)

The first in Europe Soviet nuclear reactor F-1 (nuclear chain reaction was initiated on December 25, 1946) . And the first Soviet bomb was detonated in 1949'.

The United States and the Soviet Union after WW2 would face off against each other for several decades in a epic struggle known as the 'Cold War'.

Last edited by fluffy0000 : 08-04-2010 at 04:31 AM. Reason: edit
(#49 (permalink))
Old
Unknown (Offline)
The Darkness

08-05-2010, 01:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TalnSG View Post
Correct, other than forming the alliance with those opposing the Axis powers, the only country the U.S. declared war on was Japan. Japan, Manchuko, Germany, Italy, and the Japanese govt in Nanking all declared war on the U.S. between Dec 7 and Jan 9.

As for the claim that Hilter was in on the original planning of the attack on Pearl Harbor, while it would fit his mindset, the Luftwaffe did not have the strategic positioning for this to have been even remotely possible at that time. For Hirohito to have even considered the Germans to be more than mere political support is inconceivable. Only Japan had the fleet in the Pacific to bring aircraft close enough for such an attack and they had no need of Hilter in their simultaneous attacks on Pearl Harbor and the rest of SE Asia (Guam, Phillipines, Midway).
That's were the Kriegsmarine comes into effect.Hitler had U-Boats doing recon all around the US and is the reason Allied commanders had to rethink routes when traveling in certain water(s)

Feel My Intent
(#50 (permalink))
Old
Ryzorian (Offline)

08-05-2010, 02:49 AM

Russia's vast resources are predominately in Siberia and at the time difficult for them to gain access too. They had a huge army true enough and massive numbers of field artillery. However the US had superior air power and that is what controles wars these days.

They never should have gotten the "east block" nations to begin with, that was a tactical error on the US part. Though that was one of the motivateing factors to us the Abomb in Japan. Russia tended to not give anything back and we didn't want a split Japan like Germany was.

Wether the "cold war" came about as a series of tactical blunders or by political design who knows. I think Chruchill was behind some of the "containment" policy implamented. I suspect the countries involved were war weary by then and just didn't want to do anything, thus 50 years of proxy wars ensued.