JapanForum.com

JapanForum.com (https://www.japanforum.com/forum/)
-   General Discussion (https://www.japanforum.com/forum/general-discussion/)
-   -   2012? (https://www.japanforum.com/forum/general-discussion/12490-2012.html)

Skuu 07-26-2009 04:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Salvanas (Post 752633)

Yo, just to let you know, they aren't internet theories.

It's been circulating for tens, if not hundreds of years.

I don't know the extent of it. However, if this is true, it lends it no credibility. Please, if we're discussing something's validly, refer to academic opinion or trustworthiness of original sources. Everything else is wasted space unless you have detailed knowledge of the topic (I don't).

Ryzorian 07-26-2009 05:47 PM

It's my War Fleet, they arrive Dec 21, 2012. Supposedly, course they told me that before.

They were suppose to arrive in 1988 but ended up sending me a report listing 88 reasons why they were going to be late.

Then they were due in 2000, but somehow developed a software glitch in thier navagation computer, something to do with thier internal clock or something.

So now it's in 2012, hopefully they don't get sidetracked by solar storms.

Salvanas 07-26-2009 07:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Skuu (Post 752639)
I don't know the extent of it. However, if this is true, it lends it no credibility. Please, if we're discussing something's validly, refer to academic opinion or trustworthiness of original sources. Everything else is wasted space unless you have detailed knowledge of the topic (I don't).

I wasn't talking about the credibility of the subject. Your information was incorrect, so I called you out on it. Regardless if it effects the outcome of the thread.

All I have done on this thread, is speculate. I'm not one to say that we are going to die, because I'm not sure about it.

As I'm saying for the third time, something WILL happen. But if that thing is the end of the world, it's not too certain yet.

And please. There isn't even any point in trying to validate the credibility apart from the Solar Storm.

Skuu 07-26-2009 07:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Salvanas (Post 752716)
Your information was incorrect, so I called you out on it. Regardless if it effects the outcome of the thread.

Granted.:vsign:

alanX 07-26-2009 07:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Skuu (Post 752637)
No, he didn't.

No, it doesn't

No, they haven't.

Please at least skim a thread before posting lol. Surely threads are about more than people reading the first post and giving their opinion. All this stuff has been discussed. Whichever side your on, you gotta respond to the latest point.

What?!
Do you live under a rock? Why do you reply with "no," "wrong," "nuh, huh," "did not," "you're wrong."

You're really making a strong argument with these remarks, kid.

Funny how when I go to google, and simply type in "Nostradamus" these results immediately pop up without even typing anything else:

Nostradamus predictions
Nostradamus 2012
Nostradamus Obama
Nostradamus end of the world
Nostradamus prophecies
Nostradamus 2012 prediction
Nostradamus 2012 history channel
Nostradamus antichrist

Hmm.... what were you saying? Seems to me and about 423,000 results for nostradamus 2012 prediction that Nostradamus predicted the end of the world. I won't even give you a link to back up what I said because YOU have 423,000 to choose from on google.

Now, about the Mayans.
The Mayans predicted the "apocalypse" but the Mayan's basically called it "The Age of Enlightenment." The Age of Enlightenment (when all planets are in perfect alignment relative to each other in the center of the Milky Way Galaxy) will occur on 13.0.0.0.0 (a date on the Mayan calendar) which will occur on December 12th, 2012 at exactly 11:11am. (our calendar)

What the Mayans were REALLY predicting is pretty sketchy, but they basically believe that this alignment will cause some form of destruction. Now you should probably do some research of your own to gather all the other information you desire, but this is the jist of it.

Or you can just try to appear cool and bad with another response of "Nope, you're wrong," "no they didn't," "nuh uh, that didn't happen."

YukisUke 07-26-2009 08:47 PM

All of this talk of something bad happening in 2012 is getting me scared.

Skuu 07-26-2009 09:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by alanX (Post 752729)
What?!
Do you live under a rock? Why do you reply with "no," "wrong," "nuh, huh," "did not," "you're wrong."

You're really making a strong argument with these remarks, kid.

True. Apologies.

However I haven't found any evidence that the Mayans were predicting anything malign like destruction. Could you source that?

Thanks,

Matt

alanX 07-26-2009 09:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Skuu (Post 752750)
True. Apologies.

However I haven't found any evidence that the Mayans were predicting anything malign like destruction. Could you source that?

Thanks,

Matt

No problem, Matt.

If the History Channel isn't good enough for you then nothing is, so this should be good enough.

YouTube - 2012 Earth planetary alignment and Pole Shift

Quote:

Originally Posted by YukisUke (Post 752747)
All of this talk of something bad happening in 2012 is getting me scared.

Please, my friend.
No matter what happens, it's all happening for a reason.
If we all die, then that's what happens, and so be it.

Don't think on it, that will only cause more suffering.

As for me, I will go about December 12th, 2012 as any other ordinary day.

zombiedoll 07-27-2009 03:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thcuteness (Post 752589)
Thats an interesting theory, where did you hear this?

A very old friend of mine told me about it, initially. But I was so astounded by it, I took a special interest and started researching it.There are a lot of resources on the internet; some credible, some nowhere near believable sources.
I've talked to a few professors at the Arizona State University about it; historians, astronomers, physicists... All of them didn't necessarily agree with the theory, but they unanimously agreed it was quite plausible. It agreed with the military's and NASA's findings, and many "prophecies" from many cultures and religions throughout time.
You might want to look into it yourself. I find it to be very entertaining. In fact, sometimes, it keeps me up late at night. o.O
I might look into a new hobby. Hahaha.

zombiedoll 07-27-2009 03:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tenchu (Post 752598)
No they don't.

That was only in the west. In the east, at this time, were flourishing civilizations. Funny that.

Who?

Video or it isn't happening.

This is sounding familiar... is it by the same person who wrote Alice in Wonderland?

I'm starting to think you may literally be Alice...

You know, Star Wars Jedi, the force, is an official religion!

If you had read my post in it's entirety, I wouldn't have to waste my time on a reply, love. As I mentioned, I haven't said I believe it. Nor did I say it was the truth. You can question it all: I encourage it! But don't come to me with your questions. As I mentioned, I don't know that much about it. I have done some research-keyword, some. I think it's interesting, but I don't think it's necessarily true.
Now bugger off and research it yourself. Enjoy your fruitless searching! I know I love chasing the White Rabbit.
(Most information on this theory is written by crack-pot dooms-day mindset people with too much time on their hands.)