JapanForum.com  

View Poll Results: Who would you vote for in the US election if you could?
John McCain (right/Republican) 27 23.68%
Barrack Obama (left/Democrat) 80 70.18%
Other (please do tell) 7 6.14%
Voters: 114. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#91 (permalink))
Old
ModusOperandi (Offline)
JF Regular

06-06-2008, 02:45 AM

Barack Obama is my choice….and by the looks of it, the choice of many others.
His views, his dedication, his methods and his charisma offer a bit of hope for a better change on so many of the issues plaguing America today. In addition, his dedication to run a clean and mature election speaks volumes of the type of attitude he might be bringing to the white house.
To ramble on about this would be kind of pointless since, in the world of politics, everyone has their opinion and preferences and I think I'll leave it at that.
(#92 (permalink))
Old
Ronin4hire (Offline)
Busier Than Shinjuku Station

06-06-2008, 03:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RegPaq View Post
Here it came up on google

Yahoo! Answers - Is the proposed American Presidential Candidate Barak Obama a muslim? Would you vote for him?

Here's a RECENT one!!

Monday, October 23, 2006
Is Barack Obama Lying About His Life Story?

This article comes from Free Republic. On the Free Republic website there is a link to a Yahoo News Page which no longer works. Could this article be bogus?

Columnist Says Barack Obama 'Lied To The American People;'Asks Publisher to Withdraw Obama's BookTuesday August 10, 9:22 pm ET

NEW YORK, Aug. 10 /PRNewswire/ -- Out2.com's independent contrarian columnist, Andy Martin, will publish a column and hold simultaneous news conferences in New York and London on Wednesday, August 11th to disclose he believes Barack Obama is a political fraud who "lied to the American people." Martin has asked Crown Books to stop sales of Obama's book because of its fraudulent content. Martin says Obama may be a threat to the Jewish community.

NEWS CONFERENCE DETAILS:

New York:Time/date: Wednesday, August 11, 2004 11:00 A.M.Location: Northeast Corner of Fifth Avenue and 65thStreet (Temple Emanu-El)

London:Time/date: Wednesday, August 11, 2004 4:00 P.M.Location: 2 Dryden Mansions, Queens Club Gardens London W14"I feel sad having to expose Barack Obama," says Martin, "but the man is a complete fraud. The truth is going to surprise, and disappoint, and outrage many people who were drawn to him. He has lied to the American people, and he has sought to misrepresent his own heritage.

"Obama's life story is vastly different from the one he portrays. My point: if he will lie about his mother and father, what else is he lying about? Can we expect 'bimbo eruptions?'"

Fiction: Obama stated in his Convention speech: 'My father ... grew up herding goats.' The 'goat herder' claim has been repeated endlessly. It is a lie.

Fact: Obama's grandfather, Hussein Onyango Obama was a prominent and wealthy farmer. His son, Obama's father, was a child of privilege, not privation. He was an outstanding student, not a herdsman.

"Fiction: Obama was given an 'African' name. Fact: Obama is a Muslim who has concealed his religion. I am a strong supporter of the Muslim community, and I believe Muslims have been scapegoated. Obama has a great opportunity to be forthright. Instead, he has treated his Muslim heritage as a dark secret. His grandfather was named 'Hussein.' That is an Arabic-Muslim, not African, name. Hussein was a devout Muslim and named his son, Barack Senior, 'Baraka.' Baraka is an Arabic word meaning 'blessed.' Baraka comes out of the Koran and Arabic, not Africa.

"Barack Senior was also a devoted Muslim, and also chose a Muslim name for his son, our own Barack Obama, Junior. Again, his name was an Arabic and Koranic.

Obama has spent a lifetime running from his family heritage and religious heritage. Would his father have given his son a Koranic name if the father was not a devout Muslim? Obama's stepfather was also a Muslim. Obama will be the first Muslim-heritage senator; he should be proud of that fact. There is nothing to be ashamed of in any of the three great Abrahamic religions.

"Fiction: Obama Senior was a harmless student 'immigrant' who came to the United States only to study.

Fact: Obama was part of one of the most corrupt and violent organizations in Africa: the Kenyatta regime. Obama's father ran back to Kenya soon after the British left. It is likely Obama's father had Mau Mau sympathies or connections, or he would not have been welcomed into the murderous inner circle of rapists, murderers, and arsonists.

I believe Obama's secret shame at his family history of rape, murder and arson is what actualizes him. Our research is not yet complete. We are seeking to examine British colonial records. Our investigation to date has drawn on information on three continents.

"And what about Obama's beloved Kenyan brothers and sisters? None of his family was invited to Boston to share his prominence. Are his relatives being kept in the closet? Where are they? More secrecy, more prevarication.

"It is time for Barack Obama to stop presenting a fantasy to the American people. We are forgiving and many would still support him. It may well be that his concealment is meant to endanger Israel. His Muslim religion would obviously raise serious questions in many Jewish circles where Obama now enjoys support," Martin states.

"Our investigation is continuing. In he meantime, Crown Books should stop selling Obama's novelization of his life. We have asked Crown to do that. Obama is living a lie."

RESOURCES: Martin's columns at Out2.com (Govt & Politics); E-mail: andy@andymartin.com

We shall see. I have never heard anything bad about Barak Obama previously. However, I must admit, his meteoric rise does concern me. He is charismatic, no doubt. But, one of the things I have always thought was important about the process by which America selects its leaders is that it is rare for a leader to come out of nowhere, ascending to high political position without an extensive and well-known political history.

Who is Barak Obama? We shall see, I would imagine.

Infidel Bloggers Alliance: Is Barack Obama Lying About His Life Story?

but like i said, I'm not a hypocrite. I dont know where the sources came from, or the sources' sources. All of you aren't providing sources either. The only way to know for sure what has happened in history is if you were actually there at every moment (i believe), which is obviously impossible. No source can be stated as fact, i believe. A perfect example is the bible
Who cares about his heritage?

Not that I trust your source (It is after all a blog) but if there is any reason for Barack Obama to lie to the American public it's because much of the American public would have tried to use his heritage against him. Heck many are trying to do it anyway!

By the way... it wasn't recent. The blog may have been posted in 2006 (still 2 years ago) but the original News conference which was supposed to have outed him was held in 2004.
(#93 (permalink))
Old
MMM (Offline)
JF Ossan

06-06-2008, 03:32 AM

You might want to click your link you posted and see what it actually says:

His father is or was Muslim and under Sharia law that makes him a Muslim in the eyes of Islam -- and subject to the death penalty for apostasy in the eyes of Islamists.

But Obama was raised as a Christian by his Christian mother, and in the eyes of Christians and of US Constitutional law ("freedom of religion" and freedom to change religions) he is a Christian.

Yes, I would vote for him if he proved to be the best candidate on the ballot. Wouldn't anybody, under those circumstances?

Quote:

Here's a RECENT one!!
Muslims aren't in the business of lying about their beliefs. They are also not in the business of attending Christian churches.

Quote:
Monday, October 23, 2006
Is Barack Obama Lying About His Life Story?

This article comes from Free Republic. On the Free Republic website there is a link to a Yahoo News Page which no longer works. Could this article be bogus?
The Free Republic is a very right-wing nationalistic web page. They have an agenda. Hardly an unbiased news source.

Quote:
Columnist Says Barack Obama 'Lied To The American People;'Asks Publisher to Withdraw Obama's BookTuesday August 10, 9:22 pm ET

NEW YORK, Aug. 10 /PRNewswire/ -- Out2.com's independent contrarian columnist, Andy Martin, will publish a column and hold simultaneous news conferences in New York and London on Wednesday, August 11th to disclose he believes Barack Obama is a political fraud who "lied to the American people." Martin has asked Crown Books to stop sales of Obama's book because of its fraudulent content. Martin says Obama may be a threat to the Jewish community.
Book is still on the shelves. Hm.

Quote:
NEWS CONFERENCE DETAILS:

New York:Time/date: Wednesday, August 11, 2004 11:00 A.M.Location: Northeast Corner of Fifth Avenue and 65thStreet (Temple Emanu-El)

London:Time/date: Wednesday, August 11, 2004 4:00 P.M.Location: 2 Dryden Mansions, Queens Club Gardens London W14"I feel sad having to expose Barack Obama," says Martin, "but the man is a complete fraud. The truth is going to surprise, and disappoint, and outrage many people who were drawn to him. He has lied to the American people, and he has sought to misrepresent his own heritage.
Andy Martin is a famous for his frivolous lawsuits and this "Obama is a Muslim" smear campaign. If this is the best source you can find, then you are doing my job for me. Andy Martin is worried about Obama's affect on the Jews?

In his 1986 congression campaign, one of Andy Martin's goals was to "to exterminate Jew power in America". in 1983 he called a judge a “crooked, slimy Jew, who has a history of lying and thieving common to members of his race.”

Quote:
We shall see. I have never heard anything bad about Barak Obama previously. However, I must admit, his meteoric rise does concern me. He is charismatic, no doubt. But, one of the things I have always thought was important about the process by which America selects its leaders is that it is rare for a leader to come out of nowhere, ascending to high political position without an extensive and well-known political history.
Obama is 46. When Clinton took office he was 46. When Kennedy took office he was 43. When Theordore Roosevelt took office he was 42. Are you concerned because he is young, or are you concerned because he is black?

Quote:
but like i said, I'm not a hypocrite. I dont know where the sources came from, or the sources' sources. All of you aren't providing sources either. The only way to know for sure what has happened in history is if you were actually there at every moment (i believe), which is obviously impossible. No source can be stated as fact, i believe. A perfect example is the bible.
I don't need to provide sources because I am not the one who said Obama is a Muslim.

But OK

Barack Obama: I'm no Muslim - Times Online

Barack Obama, Man of Faith - Nicholas Stix - MensNewsDaily.com

snopes.com: Who Is Barack Obama?

Last edited by MMM : 06-06-2008 at 03:35 AM.
(#94 (permalink))
Old
MMM (Offline)
JF Ossan

06-06-2008, 03:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JapanMan2 View Post
That stuff that andy martin said is terrible.

Thanks for defending Obama, MMM
I don't mind if people don't like him because they don't like his policies or politics, but not liking him based on something that isn't true is just silly.
(#95 (permalink))
Old
TalnSG (Offline)

Send a message via ICQ to TalnSG
06-06-2008, 04:01 AM

Ok, its already been pointed out that your sources are questionable. They are certainly not well know for unbiased or full researched information.

But following that you resorted to what a best is sophistry, at worst character assination. I am not really a supporter of Obama, but I am vehmently opposed to this sort of negative propopganda.

Quote:
I believe Obama's secret shame at his family history of rape, murder and arson is what actualizes him.

However, I must admit, his meteoric rise does concern me. He is charismatic, no doubt. But, one of the things I have always thought was important about the process by which America selects its leaders is that it is rare for a leader to come out of nowhere, ascending to high political position without an extensive and well-known political history.
And just how much did you know about George W. Bush before he was put in office? I will bet you didn't know anything more than his own 5 escond sound bites. If you had, you would have been mortified that he would even be considered a viable candidate.

For that matter what did anyone know about Jimmy Carter or Bill Clinton before his presidential campaign, outside of those of us who lived in neighboring states? I will bet you only knew who Reagan was because of old movies, until his presidential campaign.

Obama is not a necomer to politics coming out of nowhere. You apparently don't live in his constituency is all.

And as for bringing in the reputation of a candidates family - well GW is nothing like HIS father, unfortunately for us!

Last edited by TalnSG : 06-06-2008 at 04:05 AM.
(#96 (permalink))
Old
noodle (Offline)
Wo zhi dao ni ai wo

06-06-2008, 05:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronin4hire View Post
I personally agree that Jerusalem should stay a part of Israel. What's wrong with that? Obviously when he says it should REMAIN undivided he is making clear his stance on Israeli-Palestinian relations. A position he has to make clear considering Israel is the US closest ally in the Middle East and a lot of Jews live in America.
I'd like to see you explain to all the Palestines why you think there is nothing wrong with that... My problem with what Obama said is that it's really NONE of his business and he shouldn't say or do things (like all politicians) just for votes.

I don't understand what stance he's making clear? Jerusalem ISN'T undivided....

All this talk about Obama being tied to Muslims; I'd just like to ask SO WHAT?... You do realise that even if you elect a president that hates Islam and muslims; your country has no choice but to have ties with muslims on a business level? Try and guess where your oil comes from?//// That's right, Muslim countries... So, I don't raelly see the problem with having ties to muslims, or jews or whatever; We're all human...

Last edited by noodle : 06-06-2008 at 05:09 AM.
(#97 (permalink))
Old
Ronin4hire (Offline)

06-06-2008, 07:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by noodle View Post
I'd like to see you explain to all the Palestines why you think there is nothing wrong with that... My problem with what Obama said is that it's really NONE of his business and he shouldn't say or do things (like all politicians) just for votes.

I don't understand what stance he's making clear? Jerusalem ISN'T undivided....
Well I don't think he was doing it just for votes. Sure his policy on Israel is what the voting public will judge on but as the President of the US he will have to take a stance on this.

And I understand that Palestinians have a problem with Jerusalem being the capital of Israel. I'm on their side for much of their struggle as I believe Israel to be wrong in many of their actions.... but I believe that some of the demands the Palestinians make are not acceptable.
(#98 (permalink))
Old
RegPaq (Offline)
JF Regular

06-06-2008, 07:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TalnSG View Post
Ok, its already been pointed out that your sources are questionable. They are certainly not well know for unbiased or full researched information.

But following that you resorted to what a best is sophistry, at worst character assination. I am not really a supporter of Obama, but I am vehmently opposed to this sort of negative propopganda.

And just how much did you know about George W. Bush before he was put in office? I will bet you didn't know anything more than his own 5 escond sound bites. If you had, you would have been mortified that he would even be considered a viable candidate.

For that matter what did anyone know about Jimmy Carter or Bill Clinton before his presidential campaign, outside of those of us who lived in neighboring states? I will bet you only knew who Reagan was because of old movies, until his presidential campaign.

Obama is not a necomer to politics coming out of nowhere. You apparently don't live in his constituency is all.

And as for bringing in the reputation of a candidates family - well GW is nothing like HIS father, unfortunately for us!
when did we start talking about reagan movies?
(#99 (permalink))
Old
MMM (Offline)
JF Ossan

06-06-2008, 07:20 AM

Quote:
when did we start talking about reagan movies?
We weren't.

We were talking about your misguided notions about the Democratic nominee.
(#100 (permalink))
Old
RegPaq (Offline)
JF Regular

06-06-2008, 07:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMM View Post
We weren't.

We were talking about your misguided notions about the Democratic nominee.
All i have heard from you is cnn