JapanForum.com  

View Poll Results: Who would you vote for in the US election if you could?
John McCain (right/Republican) 27 23.68%
Barrack Obama (left/Democrat) 80 70.18%
Other (please do tell) 7 6.14%
Voters: 114. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#301 (permalink))
Old
noodle (Offline)
Wo zhi dao ni ai wo

06-12-2008, 01:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fluffy0000 View Post
only if you are 'sniffing glue' do you come close to this comparision?
I second that!!!!!
(#302 (permalink))
Old
koaku (Offline)
JF Old Timer

06-12-2008, 01:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gackt21 View Post
I would like to finish what we started in Iraq. I would also like to see world peace someday, if the right man gets into office. I would be afriad that Obama would take away more of my freedoms. I do not want national health care because that will drain what is in our pockets and tell us what doctors we are allowed to see. The next thing I fear is a food shortage because of governments interferance in our food, that we will be fight in the streets for food. Have any of you thought this through. Obama is just like a young unexperienced Hitler. Do you want a president like that?
A Question...Where do you live???

I Honestly, seriously and truly.....don't care about U
(#303 (permalink))
Old
fluffy0000 (Offline)
FJ to JF

Iraqs power base? - 06-12-2008, 01:29 PM

Iraq's power base was not very deep or wide Saddam Hussien was a Sunni and a minority in shiite majority Iraq? The invasion by the US of Iraq 03' Operation Iraqi Freedom has done what the NeoCons set out to do. Price of petrol at the pump in 08' is over US 4$ gal.-the price of barrel of crude is over US $130. The oil companys are rolling in dosh. The US causality rate for May 08' are as low as May 03' figures. When Bush declared mission success you only have too look at the price of gas too confirm this. high price of gas equals more profits for 'Big Oil'.

Last edited by fluffy0000 : 06-12-2008 at 01:31 PM. Reason: edit
(#304 (permalink))
Old
ivi0nk3y (Offline)
Calm Like A Bomb

06-12-2008, 01:56 PM

Quote:
Iraq's power base was not very deep or wide Saddam Hussien was a Sunni and a minority in shiite majority Iraq? The invasion by the US of Iraq 03' Operation Iraqi Freedom has done what the NeoCons set out to do. Price of petrol at the pump in 08' is over US 4$ gal.-the price of barrel of crude is over US $130. The oil companys are rolling in dosh. The US causality rate for May 08' are as low as May 03' figures. When Bush declared mission success you only have too look at the price of gas too confirm this. high price of gas equals more profits for 'Big Oil'.
What I mean by power base is that Saddam Hussein was keeping his country from falling apart like it is now. Whether he was Shiite or Sunni is irrelevant.
As for the Oil agenda, I can't disagree with you on that.

Truth Hurts

LIFE THREATENING
Lifestyles
A HITMAN, A NUN
Lovers
(#305 (permalink))
Old
TalnSG (Offline)
Busier Than Shinjuku Station

Send a message via ICQ to TalnSG
06-12-2008, 02:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ivi0nk3y View Post
No, Iraq was invaded primarily because it was in the interest of companies such as Halliburton and its ties with the American Government.
I'm sure you know how my example is just the tip of the iceberg.
Oh I cannot disagree with this at all. I've been familiar with Halliburton since before anyone outside of Texas ever heard of the "shrub" and the former CEO of Halliburton that is now in Washington.

I was referring to deposing those leaders as the justification, not necessarily the real reason behind the plan. And yes, both were left without any real powerbase to step into place, so the ones with the most ammo are the ones really in charge.

Only an open mind and open heart can be filled with life.
Find your voice; silence will not protect you.
(#306 (permalink))
Old
fluffy0000 (Offline)
FJ to JF

Shiia and Sunni relevant - 06-12-2008, 03:27 PM

Iran and Iraq war circa 1980-88 This War started Saddam Hussien downfall and influenced the decision to invade Kuwait. Refer to economic ruin of Iraq after 8yrs of war with Iran and price of Oil during early 1990s' that and Kuwaiti 'Horizontal drilling' into Iraq oil reserves fueled first Gulf War. Fears of Shia insurgency among Iraq's long suppressed Shia majority influenced by Iran's Islamic revolution led too 8yrs of war that left both Iranian Shia and Iraqi (Sunni) Saddam Hussien weaker and ripe for outside intervention. In Iraq 08' the Shiite insurgency is
the largest because of majority of population is Shiite-despite the depiction of the Al Qaeda
(Sunni) insurgency in Iraq is according too NIE 08' National Intelligence Estimate 19 US intelligence agencies inclding.-CIA and NSA etc. evidence states- makes up no more than 2-3%of insurgency against the US occupation forces.

Last edited by fluffy0000 : 06-12-2008 at 03:39 PM. Reason: edit
(#307 (permalink))
Old
ivi0nk3y (Offline)
Calm Like A Bomb

06-12-2008, 06:57 PM

Quote:
Iran and Iraq war circa 1980-88 This War started Saddam Hussien downfall
It was in this war that he was supported by the U.S.A. If you mean eventual downfall, then I can agree. It was only because of this support that he had the balls to go invade Kuwait, since he thought America would be behind him.

Truth Hurts

LIFE THREATENING
Lifestyles
A HITMAN, A NUN
Lovers
(#308 (permalink))
Old
MMM (Offline)
JF Ossan

06-12-2008, 07:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TalnSG View Post
Not to insult your parent, but it sound like Mom doesn't believe in learning from mistakes.
How in the world did you come to that conclusion?
(#309 (permalink))
Old
MarkDuff (Offline)
*yawns*

06-12-2008, 07:48 PM

not sure if it is just me but I believe this thread have came off of the rails >>

My JF family and D.N.A. And Perv Club. Oh and please sign my Guest book. And please no bad comments
FINAL FANTASY CLAN: CODE NAME: AURON
(#310 (permalink))
Old
MMM (Offline)
JF Ossan

06-12-2008, 07:51 PM

Quote:
I would like to finish what we started in Iraq.

Define finish.

Quote:
I would also like to see world peace someday, if the right man gets into office. I would be afriad that Obama would take away more of my freedoms.
George Bush took away your freedoms. What makes you think Obama would more than McCain.

Quote:

I do not want national health care because that will drain what is in our pockets and tell us what doctors we are allowed to see.

Obama isn't proposing universal health care. That was Hillary's biggest criticisms of him.

Take a close look at McCain's health care plan. It supports "small business" (read: all business owners) which means it will actually make things more expensive for the workers. So if you own a business with employees, you might like McCain's plan. If you are an employee, especially one with health issues, you will not.

Quote:

The next thing I fear is a food shortage because of governments interferance in our food, that we will be fight in the streets for food. Have any of you thought this through. Obama is just like a young unexperienced Hitler. Do you want a president like that?
You are comparing Obama to Hitler? Your baseless and desperate argument just achieved the classification: TOTAL FAIL.