LinkBack Thread Tools
(#181 (permalink))
Old
noodle (Offline)
Wo zhi dao ni ai wo

08-03-2008, 06:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenchu View Post
I guess thread closed then. I dont think any of us have been. I am closest, and no doubt will be the first here to go. I cant wait. Lots of sexy little girls in China. I like their white skin (4 an Asian).
Dude, I have been to china... Spent just under a month there... The reason I debate about China, is because I've experienced it and it's a million times better than anything the media has said. It's a beautiful country and it has beautiful people.
(#182 (permalink))
Old
Acidreptile (Offline)
JF Old Timer

08-03-2008, 06:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by noodle View Post
You really are a supercilious, harebrained wanker arn't you? Why've you got to make remarks like that? Got nothing intellegent to say I suppose (pretty much like always)... It's like someone said, "if you make an idiot think he's thinking, he'll love you, but if you really make him think, he'll hate you." I guess that's what happened to you. You've finally started thinking and realised you're a complete twat... Well done...
HAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

Yeah.

He is really a idiot.That is no secret I guess.
(#183 (permalink))
Old
suirvale (Offline)
New to JF

Exclamation superpowers and panic - 08-03-2008, 11:46 PM

i think most americans i ever met in my life were so concerned about world affairs and economics as if they were all starving.,. then opec which controls the oil supplies is totally nothing to do with the usa,, so how can the usa call it self superpower or china for that matter .
its disgusting the amount of nuclear deterrent weapons underground in the usa,.,.,.
i use work in iraq many moons ago and saw very clearly supposedly neutral countries suppling all sorts of military hardware to saddam regime, did the think saddam wanted it all for sport.,. so the world then gets very excited about saddam after they created his power base,. i was a civilian there and even in my amateur way knew this place was heading for major conflict...but the worlds wise guys know all that but do nothign about it,.s long s saddam ws paying for it no one cared, and now u get innocent usa kids in wars that shud never be,.,.mike
(#184 (permalink))
Old
Ronin4hire (Offline)
Busier Than Shinjuku Station

08-04-2008, 11:37 PM

Quote:
Hahahahahhaahaaa. The simpleton thinks i'm offended... Dude, I Pitty you. Why would I be offended by a hypocritical dickhead? You always preach about racism, then you go say what you said... Wow, I'm really offended by you
Islam is a religion (and religion's are simply ideas) not a race. And I never said anything derogarotory about it. So if you have a problem with me highlighting flaws in the logic of such ideas then reply to me on a logical level and stop this stupid name-calling that tells me that you're offended.
(#185 (permalink))
Old
Ronin4hire (Offline)

08-04-2008, 11:41 PM

Quote:
Dude, I have been to china... Spent just under a month there... The reason I debate about China, is because I've experienced it and it's a million times better than anything the media has said. It's a beautiful country and it has beautiful people.
Haha... you're so arrogant. You do know that many media outlets actually have some correspondents who live and work in China right? You spend a month there and you think you're some sort of expert? Give me a break. I suppose that makes me an expert on America, Canada, Sweden, Australia and Britain and more knowledgeable about these countries than New Zealands media.
(#186 (permalink))
Old
kireikoori (Offline)
Haplogroup N(Y-DNA)

08-05-2008, 02:49 AM

Well, I don't like the Tiananmen Square incident. And I don't like the heavy censorship of the internet I hear exists in China.

I also hope what I hear about Tibet, Inner Mongolian, and others being oppressed by Han Chinese isn't true.

I understand that China wants to grow and they have every right to do so.
But there is such a price such a thing is not worth.

Q: Who cares what other people think?!?!
A: Japanese people do.
(#187 (permalink))
Old
Henbaka (Offline)
Dark Passenger

08-05-2008, 06:18 AM

Quote:
That is pretty ridicilous. Spending _under_ a month in a country doesn't give you real knowledge about the situation. I'm sure it's beautiful for cash-bringing tourists though!

Anyways I don't think that chinese people are evil in some way, and I don't think people is racking down on the general chinese public when talking bad about China (unless they're ignorant). It's the leaders, policys and the politics of the country people criticize.

なんでやねん!
(#188 (permalink))
Old
noodle (Offline)
Wo zhi dao ni ai wo

08-05-2008, 06:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henbaka View Post
That is pretty ridicilous. Spending _under_ a month in a country doesn't give you real knowledge about the situation. I'm sure it's beautiful for cash-bringing tourists though!

Anyways I don't think that chinese people are evil in some way, and I don't think people is racking down on the general chinese public when talking bad about China (unless they're ignorant). It's the leaders, policys and the politics of the country people criticize.
What the hell does me being an expert have to do with it??? When the media says shit like the air is so bad that you can't breath, and I go there and the air is nicer than england, what does that tell me?? Oh and btw, I went during summer, when it was hot an muggy, so it would've had a huge amount of pollution compared to any other time of year.

When people say that chinese are ill-mannered and spit on the street and aren't ready to interact with foreigners etc, and I see the oposite, what does that mean?

Oh, and btw, I wasn't some sort of cash bringing tourist, because I didn't stay in hotels or go spending a load of cash here and there. I travelled with a couple of chinese class mates and usually ended up staying in their relatives places. One month is more than enough to see how much distortion is shown in the media about China.

And for you guys to think that I was assuming I was some sort of expert for being there for a month, that just makes you plain stupid. I love how you guys try to belittle someones experience like that. It's just amazing. All you need is a couple of days in one city in China to see how twisted the western media is about china.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronin4hire View Post
Islam is a religion (and religion's are simply ideas) not a race. And I never said anything derogarotory about it. So if you have a problem with me highlighting flaws in the logic of such ideas then reply to me on a logical level and stop this stupid name-calling that tells me that you're offended.
Wtf? Did I say you were racist? I was pointing out your stupidness by you complaining about racism them making a discriminatory comment. And please don't bother talking to me about offended again. We've had this conversation before. Playing the "I'm cool, and this guy is getting all upset ladddy da" isn't gonna work. Oh, and btw, you havn't highlighted a single flaw in anyones logic. You've just shown pure ignorance and lack of respect for the majority of the worlds population.
(#189 (permalink))
Old
Henbaka (Offline)
Dark Passenger

08-05-2008, 08:30 AM

Quote:
What the hell does me being an expert have to do with it??? When the media says shit like the air is so bad that you can't breath, and I go there and the air is nicer than england, what does that tell me?? Oh and btw, I went during summer, when it was hot an muggy, so it would've had a huge amount of pollution compared to any other time of year.

When people say that chinese are ill-mannered and spit on the street and aren't ready to interact with foreigners etc, and I see the oposite, what does that mean?

Oh, and btw, I wasn't some sort of cash bringing tourist, because I didn't stay in hotels or go spending a load of cash here and there. I travelled with a couple of chinese class mates and usually ended up staying in their relatives places. One month is more than enough to see how much distortion is shown in the media about China.

And for you guys to think that I was assuming I was some sort of expert for being there for a month, that just makes you plain stupid. I love how you guys try to belittle someones experience like that. It's just amazing. All you need is a couple of days in one city in China to see how twisted the western media is about china.

Wtf? Did I say you were racist? I was pointing out your stupidness by you complaining about racism them making a discriminatory comment. And please don't bother talking to me about offended again. We've had this conversation before. Playing the "I'm cool, and this guy is getting all upset ladddy da" isn't gonna work. Oh, and btw, you havn't highlighted a single flaw in anyones logic. You've just shown pure ignorance and lack of respect for the majority of the worlds population.
If you read my post again you can see that I never said the word "expert". Try again. However, the fact that you are willing to pass judgment and tell people "how it really is" after being in China for less than a month doesn't give you much credibility, infact it gives you none.

I also did not criticize the chinese people as a whole. That's the whole point (well part of it atleast), it's the people who get oppressed/jailed for nothing/executed/censored who we sympathize with! If you can't see that there is something wrong with their government, then I guess you're beyond help.

Unfortenately, the Olympics will provide the world with more people like you, who will go there and "get impressed by how beautiful everything is, and oh so kind they are! The media must have lied to us about the atrocities."

I am not saying you can't argue for China or whatever (if you do, you will meet resistance). But don't proclaim that you know how the situation in China infact is, because you were there with friends a few weeks.

Lastly, the way you're hiding behind personal attacks and stupid insults just prove to us what kind of person you are. It doesn't win you points.

なんでやねん!
(#190 (permalink))
Old
Ronin4hire (Offline)

08-05-2008, 08:32 AM

Quote:
It wasn't a discriminatory comment. If so, how? Is it untrue? If so, how? The fact of the matter is that I was simply likening a Muslim pointing to a beautiful sunset or a streak of good luck as evidence of God's existence to the fact that the media can get it wrong being evidence of it promoting some grand political agenda.

Stop being so sensitive.... I'm not "playing" anything. And whether you're offended or not doesn't really bother me... I just call it how I see it.