JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#81 (permalink))
Old
JoshAussie (Offline)
わかりません

07-23-2008, 02:41 AM

Ah i see thanks for that Ronin, next time ill just list the countries i was thinking about.
(#82 (permalink))
Old
Ramones1976 (Offline)

07-23-2008, 03:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acidreptile View Post
That is probably the most funny thing I ever read.
Yeah hehe

Mean seriously!??

(#83 (permalink))
Old
Paul11 (Offline)
JF Old Timer

07-23-2008, 03:59 AM

Both Ronin4hire and Noodle make excellent points that i'm willing to concede. And josh, England is almost already gone. Just two more points:

Noodle, I inderstand the American Indian example, but were talking about the present, not the past. I knew someone would bring that up. But if one country makes commits that crime, do we go ahead and say that now everyone gets to make that same crime once to make things even? There's no logic there. Yes, America did that, a very different one from now. Let's learn from that example, because the same thing happened almost everywhere else and we can't let it hapen again.

And AcidReptile, you made the point to me about America and conformism and how great China is. You bumblehead, America allowed people to break conformity and Asian Cultures are all about conformism and communism demands it. Duhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!
(#84 (permalink))
Old
JoshAussie (Offline)
わかりません

07-23-2008, 04:02 AM

Whered England go? >< *nopt smart*
(#85 (permalink))
Old
Paul11 (Offline)
JF Old Timer

07-23-2008, 04:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshAussie View Post
Whered England go? >< *nopt smart*
Loosing thier nation to political correctness and immigration. Not saying things things are inherently bad, It's just not what it used to be. Ever hear a song called, "There's no England Anymore?"

If America goes down (as some ignorant people would like because they're stupid enouh to think our enemies would spare them because they sympathise with them) England's not saving you. Fortunately, Germany, Italy politically moved a fraction to the right and some Euro countries are denying Euro-union. Maybe there's hope. People are deranged if they think a country has no right to protect itself or further thier interests in the world. The need for survival is the same as it was 100,000 years ago, only some of the environmental pressures have changed. But, yeah, we should give everthing to everyone else so were all equally poor?

There's my rant for the day, people
(#86 (permalink))
Old
noodle (Offline)
Wo zhi dao ni ai wo

07-23-2008, 06:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul11 View Post
Both Ronin4hire and Noodle make excellent points that i'm willing to concede. And josh, England is almost already gone. Just two more points:

Noodle, I inderstand the American Indian example, but were talking about the present, not the past. I knew someone would bring that up. But if one country makes commits that crime, do we go ahead and say that now everyone gets to make that same crime once to make things even? There's no logic there. Yes, America did that, a very different one from now. Let's learn from that example, because the same thing happened almost everywhere else and we can't let it hapen again.
Don't get me wrong. I agree with you. I believe we HAVE to learn from history. But, I think the Dam (three gorges?) has far more positives than negatives. You're right in the sense that it is sad for the government to move millions of people, but at least they're trying to do it properly. It's not like the olden days where they just chuck them out by force or threats. They try to help them afterwards.

I guess my point was this; A country can't tell china not to do something unless they have another better solution, especially if the country went through a similar process to get to where it is.
(#87 (permalink))
Old
noodle (Offline)
Wo zhi dao ni ai wo

07-23-2008, 06:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronin4hire View Post
Please.... Why would I trust a website which not only has nationalist overtones but also doesn't give any context to the reports which it is criticising. To me, all the site seems to be doing is splitting hairs.
You don't need to trust what the website is saying. Just look at the images. They're unedited, and look at the interviews of the political figure (ie, the french guy I told you about). Like I said, most of it WILL be very bias, but it doesn't mean there isn't a lot of truth in there. If you're waiting for a website funded by the UN or whatever, then I guess you should just stick with the western media's opinion, because they'll never show the other side of the coin.
(#88 (permalink))
Old
Paul11 (Offline)
JF Old Timer

07-23-2008, 06:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by noodle View Post
Don't get me wrong. I agree with you. I believe we HAVE to learn from history. But, I think the Dam (three gorges?) has far more positives than negatives. You're right in the sense that it is sad for the government to move millions of people, but at least they're trying to do it properly. It's not like the olden days where they just chuck them out by force or threats. They try to help them afterwards.

I guess my point was this; A country can't tell china not to do something unless they have another better solution, especially if the country went through a similar process to get to where it is.
Understood. I generaly agree with your posts. I don't think anyone should, can or has told China not to embark on thier project, just one example of the complete control demanded by the regime, ones I coulod come up with off the top of my head in the middle of the night.
(#89 (permalink))
Old
noodle (Offline)
Wo zhi dao ni ai wo

07-23-2008, 06:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul11 View Post
Understood. I generaly agree with your posts. I don't think anyone should, can or has told China not to embark on thier project, just one example of the complete control demanded by the regime, ones I coulod come up with off the top of my head in the middle of the night.
That actually brings a question to mind. When people say that China has this "complete control", or lies in the media etc. How do you mean? Do you mean like back in the day, communist countries, or dictators or what exactly?

Now, I went to china for about a month last year. I generally found that most stereotypes about China were pretty inaccurate. But of course, this "complete control" isn't so obvious to see. The only thing I can say, is that many people were extremely educated about foreign affairs. In fact, I was pretty shocked to have a conversation with someone about Algeria, when most people I meet in England have never heard of Algeria. And when I tell them it's in Africa, they ask why arn't I black . So, for the media, education etc, I find the chinese pretty well informed.

So yeah, what's meant by you guys that say "complete control" etc?

EDIT; JoshA, don't worry, if China were to ever invade or start a world war, Australia would be treated really well. They have a pretty huge community in Australia, and I've never heard a bad word about Australia from the Chinese. Heck, they even admire your prime minister. They love the fact that he speaks Chinese really well.

Last edited by noodle : 07-23-2008 at 06:55 AM.
(#90 (permalink))
Old
Ronin4hire (Offline)
Busier Than Shinjuku Station

07-23-2008, 06:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by noodle View Post
You don't need to trust what the website is saying. Just look at the images. They're unedited, and look at the interviews of the political figure (ie, the french guy I told you about). Like I said, most of it WILL be very bias, but it doesn't mean there isn't a lot of truth in there. If you're waiting for a website funded by the UN or whatever, then I guess you should just stick with the western media's opinion, because they'll never show the other side of the coin.
It's not that I don't believe that the Western media is incapable of misreporting. Of course it is. But to imply that it is an orchestrated propaganda piece on the part of the Western media is absurd. Read my response to ivionk3y for more on my opinion as to why, as it's a lot to type out again.